RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Stopped in at RR Racing last week for a bit of work on the RC

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-17, 07:40 PM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Stopped in at RR Racing last week for a bit of work on the RC

Ok...so nothing groundbreaking here, but as a customer and forum member thought it my obligation to share my feedback.

My daughter and I stopped in at RR racing outside of Philadelphia for the day, for a new Borla install with carbon tips, the RR ECU tune, CF intake tube and an oil catch can.

I was in the shop by 10:30 and out by 3pm. (had a 5 hour drive each way). Met the owners, met the staff. Shop was clean. Everyone was professional and polite. Prices are good. Labor price is great!

End result (besides 10 solid hours of driving) is a happy customer! I highly recommend this company if you are in the region and want them to work on your car.

Car sounds great. Throaty. Aggressive. REALLY mean when you open it up. Definitely happy with it.

Thanks guys! I will be back for headers next year!

Last edited by yellow2112; 07-04-17 at 07:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
drgrant (07-05-17)
Old 07-04-17, 11:53 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Great feedback for the rest of us. Wish they were convenient to me... Thanks.
Old 07-05-17, 04:20 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Fantastic!! I didnt even know there were carbon fiber slipons for the borla end pipe. Im going to have to call rafi and ask about them. What did they cost?
notice any different with the ecu tune?
how about a video/sound clip of the New Throaty Growl?
Old 07-05-17, 06:11 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Did they do a before and/or after Dyno?
how does the car feel performance wise after I/E/T?!

V.
Old 07-05-17, 08:17 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Interested in the carbon fiber tips as well. Any additional information on that?
Old 07-05-17, 01:03 PM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
Fantastic!! I didnt even know there were carbon fiber slipons for the borla end pipe. Im going to have to call rafi and ask about them. What did they cost?
notice any different with the ecu tune?
how about a video/sound clip of the New Throaty Growl?
$289 for the CF tips - see:
http://www.rr-racing.com/Borla-Compl...p/bor12671.htm

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Did they do a before and/or after Dyno?
how does the car feel performance wise after I/E/T?!

V.
No, they did not. And I didnt expect them too. The research has been done, I wouldnt think any need to dyno each and every car for these few things. However..I am sure that if I had asked for a dyno they would've done one and charged me for it.

The car definitely feels a lot more responsive, especially in the mid range - as others have said before.

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Interested in the carbon fiber tips as well. Any additional information on that?
The carbon tips are available on their website under the drop down box - additional $289 to the cost of the exhaust. I'm fairly sure they are kind of new but you can see them here:

http://www.rr-racing.com/Borla-Compl...p/bor12671.htm
Old 07-06-17, 03:20 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

@yellow2112 - I wish I had known, I've been drooling over this exact exhaust and I am 20 min away from RR Racing. I would have loved to hear the thing in person as it's great online but I'm concerned that it will be too loud. I'm in love with the sound though. Just don't want annoyed neighbors. I like the carbon tips as the look of the rear cans was my least favorite part of the Borla. I've not had any work done there at RR but I went to the open house and came away with a favorable impression.
Old 07-06-17, 06:51 PM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apone
@yellow2112 - I wish I had known, I've been drooling over this exact exhaust and I am 20 min away from RR Racing. I would have loved to hear the thing in person as it's great online but I'm concerned that it will be too loud. I'm in love with the sound though. Just don't want annoyed neighbors. I like the carbon tips as the look of the rear cans was my least favorite part of the Borla. I've not had any work done there at RR but I went to the open house and came away with a favorable impression.
At low speeds the exhaust isn't too bad really. It is definitely a lot louder than stock though.

At start up, it rumbles my kitchen windows from the garage, there is no doubt but after it idles down and rolls out of the garage, it just sounds a bit throaty.

I have to drive through 3 small, cop ridden towns on my way to work. I "had" tinted windows and have no front plate. (NY now requires tint removal to pass state inspection) so I don't need any more unwanted attention.

I go past a county jail, a county police HQ and 2 NY trooper depots on my way to work most days. I just don't feel that the Borla/RCF is that much different than other V8 sounds you hear out there.

So anyway, when I am near my house I kind of just feather the gas peddle a bit and it hasn't made itself obvious to may neighbors so far.
Apone (07-07-17)
Old 07-07-17, 04:10 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

I too have the borla and other than cold starts my neighbors dont pay much attention as I creep to and from the garage ehile in the hood.
But once I get to the open road leadi g away from my hood, I love to open her up nice and gentle like .
get it, dont regreat it

btw the carbon tips requires the bkrla stock tips to be cut off and rhese welded on.
Apone (07-07-17)
Old 07-07-17, 08:27 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks to both of you! I figured the cold start was the killer which normally I love to hear. I frequently leave at 6am to get to the gym before work.... they may just have to deal with it. I only drive the F on nice days during the spring summer fall, they can sleep all winter

I've not seen anyone put the QTP valves into this exhaust to give you best of both. We have a 2002 WRX (yes still running) and that has a prodrive exhaust that I can hear coming from the end of the block.
Old 07-07-17, 10:27 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Love those tips!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-12-17, 10:32 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

All the CF bits look great! Congrats on the upgrade! Enjoy!
Old 01-17-18, 07:59 PM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow2112
At low speeds the exhaust isn't too bad really. It is definitely a lot louder than stock though.

At start up, it rumbles my kitchen windows from the garage, there is no doubt but after it idles down and rolls out of the garage, it just sounds a bit throaty.

I have to drive through 3 small, cop ridden towns on my way to work. I "had" tinted windows and have no front plate. (NY now requires tint removal to pass state inspection) so I don't need any more unwanted attention.

I go past a county jail, a county police HQ and 2 NY trooper depots on my way to work most days. I just don't feel that the Borla/RCF is that much different than other V8 sounds you hear out there.

So anyway, when I am near my house I kind of just feather the gas peddle a bit and it hasn't made itself obvious to may neighbors so far.

great mods man. You are in NY too? I'm really thinking abt the tune as i have borla and apexi tc

Any issues with the tune? How does it feel?
Old 01-17-18, 08:28 PM
tommyz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was thinking of doing the same thing. The only thing holding me back is how im gonna get the stock exhaust back home. Doubt it will fit in the trunk
Old 01-18-18, 06:57 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyz
Was thinking of doing the same thing. The only thing holding me back is how im gonna get the stock exhaust back home. Doubt it will fit in the trunk
Just leave your catback at home Then drive it there and have them install the new one If someone stops you, just tell them the truth that you are going to get your exhaust right now

Quick Reply: Stopped in at RR Racing last week for a bit of work on the RC