RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Buyer Beware : Verify Your Aftermarket Parts Supplier

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-17, 10:17 AM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Angry Buyer Beware : Verify Your Aftermarket Parts Supplier

I just wanted to write my review and experience for anyone that is considering ordering aftermarket parts, from anyone, but specifically from a "retailer" 3sixty Motorsports or @3sixty_usa on Instagram. You might know the name from the SEMA builds they have done, with the Lexus NX F-Sport/Artisan Kit, Lexus RC-F / Artisan Kit, and so on. With their past history and client book including Lexus, I assumed I couldn't go wrong. Usually I'm really good with research before ordering but my impulsive buying habit got the best of me. I placed my order for a full Artisan Spirits kit through the owner, Guy, back in November when they were running a "really good deal" because of Black Friday.

He told me it would take about 3 months, and as I patiently waited, 3 months had gone by and close to 4 month's it finally was on its way after "waiting for other shipments to get completed" so they could all be "sent at the same time." I told him I wouldn't pay for shipping because I already gave him the full payment and I didn't want to pay a dollar more, so he made my shipment wait with these other orders. The "shipment" finally arrived but was being "held by customs." This went on for a couple months, and according to them - still there. After the first week of that story, I asked for the parcel/shipping number and contacted US Customs in LA. They said if I had that number they could let me know the status. Guy told me he would not give me that number since other orders were a part of the shipment and that's not part of their process to give out that information. At this point I contacted Artisan Spirits directly to see if any orders were ever placed by Guy, or 3sixty or any other names associated and they assured me nothing was ever ordered.

After playing the run around game with Guy for a few more weeks, as he told me multiple times they were trying to get the order from customs, at times and days customs wasn't even open. At this point I already filed the dispute with AMEX and it was in process - during this they told me they were going to refund me countless times. This took another two weeks to finally occur. I was fortunate to get my money back from this disaster of a "business." To help spread the word, I made a post on Instagram a couple months back regarding this issue and they immediately contacted me, assuring me that the order was on hold at customs and that they would send me a "Free Kit" when it was received. *Spoiler alert: that never happened, obviously.* He then told me that I shouldn't be so upset since I didn't want to pay for shipping separately and was getting the cheapest kit compared to anyone else, while belittling me as a customer. Clearly that low priced kit never came in anyway. Not only did they contact me, countless others contacted me saying the same thing has happened to them. I can't speak for them or their exact experience, but none of this lined up and it was apparent the kit was never even ordered.

Long story short. Don't buy from just "anyone," no matter how credible they look.
Side note: I'm still looking for a kit, lip, etc. If anyone has any parts available now for sale, PM me.
The following 2 users liked this post by RYLITT:
BossMoss (07-01-17), GunnyFitz (04-19-18)
Old 06-28-17, 11:16 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

thanks for the note.. hopefully people will google the ID's before making an expensive order
Old 06-28-17, 04:15 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RYLITT
I just wanted to write my review and experience for anyone that is considering ordering aftermarket parts, from anyone, but specifically from a "retailer" 3sixty Motorsports or @3sixty_usa on Instagram. You might know the name from the SEMA builds they have done, with the Lexus NX F-Sport/Artisan Kit, Lexus RC-F / Artisan Kit, and so on. With their past history and client book including Lexus, I assumed I couldn't go wrong. Usually I'm really good with research before ordering but my impulsive buying habit got the best of me. I placed my order for a full Artisan Spirits kit through the owner, Guy, back in November when they were running a "really good deal" because of Black Friday.

He told me it would take about 3 months, and as I patiently waited, 3 months had gone by and close to 4 month's it finally was on its way after "waiting for other shipments to get completed" so they could all be "sent at the same time." I told him I wouldn't pay for shipping because I already gave him the full payment and I didn't want to pay a dollar more, so he made my shipment wait with these other orders. The "shipment" finally arrived but was being "held by customs." This went on for a couple months, and according to them - still there. After the first week of that story, I asked for the parcel/shipping number and contacted US Customs in LA. They said if I had that number they could let me know the status. Guy told me he would not give me that number since other orders were a part of the shipment and that's not part of their process to give out that information. At this point I contacted Artisan Spirits directly to see if any orders were ever placed by Guy, or 3sixty or any other names associated and they assured me nothing was ever ordered.

After playing the run around game with Guy for a few more weeks, as he told me multiple times they were trying to get the order from customs, at times and days customs wasn't even open. At this point I already filed the dispute with AMEX and it was in process - during this they told me they were going to refund me countless times. This took another two weeks to finally occur. I was fortunate to get my money back from this disaster of a "business." To help spread the word, I made a post on Instagram a couple months back regarding this issue and they immediately contacted me, assuring me that the order was on hold at customs and that they would send me a "Free Kit" when it was received. *Spoiler alert: that never happened, obviously.* He then told me that I shouldn't be so upset since I didn't want to pay for shipping separately and was getting the cheapest kit compared to anyone else, while belittling me as a customer. Clearly that low priced kit never came in anyway. Not only did they contact me, countless others contacted me saying the same thing has happened to them. I can't speak for them or their exact experience, but none of this lined up and it was apparent the kit was never even ordered.

Long story short. Don't buy from just "anyone," no matter how credible they look.
Side note: I'm still looking for a kit, lip, etc. If anyone has any parts available now for sale, PM me.
Damn sorry to hear that, I bought the LEMS carbon chin lip, Artisan carbon fenders and carbon roof spoiler, and got it within 2-3 months from 3sixty. With DCTMS, I got the steering wheel within 1-2 weeks. This was about year ago though, man what is up what all these vendors going down hill lately.
Old 06-30-17, 07:45 AM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience bro. There are still a lot of credible vendors that you can purchase a kit from. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (06-30-17)
Old 06-30-17, 08:00 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Damn sorry to hear that, I bought the LEMS carbon chin lip, Artisan carbon fenders and carbon roof spoiler, and got it within 2-3 months from 3sixty. With DCTMS, I got the steering wheel within 1-2 weeks. This was about year ago though, man what is up what all these vendors going down hill lately.
I also got my CF roof spoiler from them which they even resprayed to fix blemishes in the clearcoat which caused a delay in receiving it (which reminds me that I need to install it ) . Communication was a bit off but I was persistent and they did respond. I got the part as advertised. It is really sad when this kind of monkey business starts happening. Sorry to hear and glad you got your money back.
GunnyFitz (04-19-18)
Old 07-01-17, 03:36 PM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

A few of the people that reached out to me also said they may have received one of the few items they ordered, or received items that were actually on cars before. Someone even said they ordered a whole kit new and only received a used Artisan Spoiler Lip. Not sure what the issue is now but they completely ghosted after calling them out - despite being quite diligent to text back while it was on its way. They never picked up the phone after the initial order. All of it was very strange and since posting about it, I'm surprised there were others this happened to so I felt it was necessary to post my experience.
Old 07-01-17, 07:09 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

I just had a very similar experience with DCTMS and a CF steering wheel. Got my money refunded through Paypal, thank goodness. Others have had good experiences with them, but mine was like yours.
GunnyFitz (04-19-18)
Old 04-18-18, 08:57 AM
thinkblu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I thought I was the only one that got screwed over by this vendor! I paid him over $5,000 a year and half ago for parts that I never received. He claimed his business partner screwed him over and now he's going to make things right by giving me a full refund. He replies back to my texts saying he's going to pay me back soon but still hasn't. Maybe we should contact a lawyer and go after this guy. PM if you want to pursue this.
Old 04-18-18, 09:21 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I know the world is changing and all but:

I would never purchase anything from a Facebook/Instagram/social media seller, I've seen to many people screwed over the past dozen years by these types of sellers. I even hesitate on forum sellers and sponsors unless I can verify the actual existence of a brick and mortar storefront.

I once bought a front splitter for my Camaro from a "verified forum sponsor" on the Camaro5 forums, I got quoted more for shipping then the part cost, and the guy was semi-local to me, so I told him I would drive the 80 miles to come pick it up.. turns out his store front was a public storage center and he operated the business out of a public storage unit..
Old 04-18-18, 12:51 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Im having the same problem with 3sixtyusa I posted a comment on Artisan (IG) he sent me a PM stating he could get the Lexus GSF lip kit for me gave me a really good price so I sent him the money back in Nov 2017 told me I would have it in January and now its April keeps on giving me the run around on why the package is being delayed and lately he has been telling me his mom is in the hospital and never returns my call so I sent Artisan an email to see if he has ordered my kit and they sent me an email back stating he doesn't have account with them so I filed a claim with paypal so I can get my money back and he still hasnt replied to paypals email about refunding the money but paypal stated if he doesnt get me my stuff by 4-20-18 they will refund. This guy is a joke!!!!