RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC 350 to RCF Upgrade Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-17, 07:30 AM
Aaronmiles
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RC 350 to RCF Upgrade Opinions

I currently have a loaded rc350 f sport with around 22k miles,but a dealer near me just listed a RC F that has me wondering.

2015 RCF loaded
75k miles
42k asking price

According to the dealer this was a former press car, the maintenance record is spot on with 5k services all along the way. New tires, and brakes added recently. My question to you all is... is it worth the upgrade to the V8 even though the miles are extremely high? As far as I can see this is by far the highest mileage RCF listed.

Hard to determine it's value but id guess realistically it's around 39k given its mileage. They offered 38k for my RC 350. I don't personally drive all that much less than 10k a year.

What are y'alls opinions? Id love to have the v8, but is it going to last without major faults coming? Is it's value going to continue to plummet? Should i just stick with my 350?

Any words of wisdom would be welcome, thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-17, 08:10 AM
kizzzm
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a lot of miles for a 2015, but it makes sense with what kind of car it was. I would definitely not pay that much for it. I'd drive it for fun and if the price is right, get it.
Old 06-21-17, 08:22 AM
Aaronmiles
Driver School Candidate

I tried throwing 38.5k for it and that wasn't gonna happen haha. I told them at that point I'll just let them drop the price on their own as it sits on the lot for weeks more than likely.
Old 06-21-17, 10:57 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

too much for a 2015 RC-F with that many miles, if you are patient and look around you can find a much better deal. there is a 28XXXm for 46xxxK near Denison. are you referring to the red car in McKinney? or ask them for a 3 yr extended warranty and 2 free services.....
Old 06-21-17, 11:07 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

I bought a 15 with 1766 miles for 58k lexus certified.
there are plenty of lower mileage rcfs out there
Old 06-21-17, 11:10 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Do not buy a press car, they trash those cars. and 75k is just too high. you can buy an used RCF with less than 20k miles for around 50k.
Old 06-21-17, 11:11 AM
Aaronmiles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by luislopezt
too much for a 2015 RC-F with that many miles, if you are patient and look around you can find a much better deal. there is a 28XXXm for 46xxxK near Denison. are you referring to the red car in McKinney? or ask them for a 3 yr extended warranty and 2 free services.....
yeah the one in McKinney, for 4k more I could have many less miles. That price is just eye catching haha.
Old 06-21-17, 11:12 AM
Aaronmiles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Do not buy a press car, they trash those cars. and 75k is just too high. you can buy an used RCF with less than 20k miles for around 50k.
oh Yeah? I could see that, but they did maintain it very well it seems like. What price WOULD you guys buy it at? Just curious
Old 06-21-17, 01:40 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

There is a thread on here that lets us all tell what we paid.
Old 06-21-17, 04:43 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaronmiles
oh Yeah? I could see that, but they did maintain it very well it seems like. What price WOULD you guys buy it at? Just curious
You could always get a CPO which covers maintenance and extended warranties. What's really there to maintain at 75k? it just means they changed the oil, brakes, and tires, which are typical schedules maintenance.

Do your research. According to the KBB, a fully loaded RC-F with 75k goes for $37k and trade-in value at $33k, which usually means its much less.

So no, it is not a good deal.
Old 06-21-17, 10:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

think about this. after buying that car, you drive it for for 25k miles and the value will drop big time , also the possibility of no one wanting it in the case you need to sell or trade.

i always tell people who make these threads to just save up a bit more. And if it takes too long for you to save enough to get into a decent rc-f, you can't really afford the car in the first place. this is what i would of told my younger self.
Old 06-22-17, 02:38 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

So true.

Other priorities in life didn't allow me to get a "nice sports car". Always some SUV, hatchback, and etc.

I waited until I was 43 when I bought a nice AND COOL "first sports car", MB SLK280.

Then I made the mistake of test driving the MB SLK55 AMG a year later and just had to have it. So I bought one. So for a few years we had "his and her" SLKs simultaneously. Subsequently sold the SLK280, but kept the AMG.

Then I waited until 50 when I bought the RCF!!!

I would wait until all things considered are "optimum".
​​​​​

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
think about this. after buying that car, you drive it for for 25k miles and the value will drop big time , also the possibility of no one wanting it in the case you need to sell or trade.

i always tell people who make these threads to just save up a bit more. And if it takes too long for you to save enough to get into a decent rc-f, you can't really afford the car in the first place. this is what i would of told my younger self.
Old 06-22-17, 03:28 AM
Aaronmiles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkonquer
You could always get a CPO which covers maintenance and extended warranties. What's really there to maintain at 75k? it just means they changed the oil, brakes, and tires, which are typical schedules maintenance.

Do your research. According to the KBB, a fully loaded RC-F with 75k goes for $37k and trade-in value at $33k, which usually means its much less.

So no, it is not a good deal.
Yeah and this dealer just RAISED the price to 43k lol they're crazy.
Old 06-22-17, 03:29 AM
Aaronmiles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER

Very true, I could just put down some cash and get a much better RCF. I guess the idea I had playing in my head was an even trade for my 350f for this RC F their values are about the same according to kbb...hell my 350 might be worth more! Haha.
Old 06-22-17, 03:39 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

With that mileage if you get it you have to keep it until is ready for the junkyard or just give it away. If you buy it today for 46k I would not give you 30k tomorrow. not worth it

Quick Reply: RC 350 to RCF Upgrade Opinions