Next Purchase debating....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 04:05 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Next Purchase debating....

Hey guys,
For those that don't know, I drive a 2017 white RCF and have a titanium Ark exhaust. Was wondering if I should purchase ppe headers for my next mod or some wheels like the volks g27... Help me!
Attached Thumbnails Next Purchase debating....-volkracing_g27.jpg  
Old 05-31-17, 04:32 PM
757HuntEng
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I looked into these and the size and offsets available weren't very aggressive. Or at least not what I was looking for at the time. They also are likely a 6 month lead time.
Old 05-31-17, 07:06 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

How much louder are you willing to be? Can you or the neighbors tolorate? The headers will increase the sound.
also you will prolly need the rr racing tune to avoid cel.
those wheels, meh. Jmo
Old 05-31-17, 07:19 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 757HuntEng
I think I looked into these and the size and offsets available weren't very aggressive. Or at least not what I was looking for at the time. They also are likely a 6 month lead time.
Damn man, what wheels are you running at the moment? Wheels look aggressive but I am guessing the offsets and the size throws people off?

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
How much louder are you willing to be? Can you or the neighbors tolorate? The headers will increase the sound.
also you will prolly need the rr racing tune to avoid cel.
those wheels, meh. Jmo
Hey Punisher,
My exhaust right now sounds awesome. I just want a little bit more growl to it and hopefully, it does not cause any drone or rasp if I do install headers. What exhaust do you run and did it make a huge difference in sound for you?
I am guessing you don't like the styling of the wheels? It is this or either bbs chr or lms!
Old 05-31-17, 07:29 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Im running Borla exhaust and stock headers. All if the youtube.videos rr racing posts show and tell that a header and exhaust combo is healla loud.
and yeah, im looking for wheels.too, just those seemed common in look. But dont let my tastes hold ya back.
What size and offsets you thinking??
Old 05-31-17, 07:33 PM
757HuntEng
Driver School Candidate

I do remember correctly. Look at this chart for the options. I even called Mackin about the prism silvers and for whatever reason they only had certain sizes in that finish.
Old 05-31-17, 07:42 PM
757HuntEng
Driver School Candidate

I'm running 19x10 19x11.5 Brixton Forged three piece. Putting tires on Friday they took about 6 months. Test fit tires and bagged out will have nice pics Friday with proper tires and nice flush height.
Old 05-31-17, 07:46 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Nice. Im thinking a 9.5" on the front with something in the high 30s for offset, and 10.5 or 11" in the rear with offset in the low 30 offset should be good. Tires to be like
255 and 295(or305) rears by 30.
Old 05-31-17, 08:05 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Im running Borla exhaust and stock headers. All if the youtube.videos rr racing posts show and tell that a header and exhaust combo is healla loud.
and yeah, im looking for wheels.too, just those seemed common in look. But dont let my tastes hold ya back.
Hmm, I am not a wheel expert and plan on doing more research for a good but not to aggressive offset (Little more aggressive than stock). I do not want to sacrifice the quality of the ride atm. I remember I had some cheap brand of wheels on my Lexus is350 and the ride quality was really bad.

I do remember correctly. Look at this chart for the options. I even called Mackin about the prism silvers and for whatever reason they only had certain sizes in that finish.

Man that is a long wait. I don't think I can wait 3 to 6 months for wheels. I am probably going to go to pep boys and get a plastic hubcap if I have to wait that long;(. What does the face indicate on the chart? I am guessing the aggressiveness of the concavity of the wheels?
Old 05-31-17, 08:08 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

I am not a wheel expert so I might do some more research. I have the 10 spoke oem wheels and would probably want something a little bit more aggressive than that. Do you know or have any pictures of wheels that fit your taste?

I am guessing for the chart, the face measures that aggressiveness of the concavity of the wheels?
Old 05-31-17, 08:13 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

I'm running 19x10 19x11.5 Brixton Forged three piece. Putting tires on Friday they took about 6 months. Test fit tires and bagged out will have nice pics Friday with proper tires and nice flush height.
Brother I love your wheels man. Can you tell me how long it took for you to get them? I am no wheel expert so excuse me but is Brixton top line company? Also the expected cost of the wheels?
Thanks man
The following users liked this post:
757HuntEng (05-31-17)
Old 05-31-17, 08:15 PM
757HuntEng
Driver School Candidate

Offsets won't sacrifice ride quality. Just keep looking through here and find the right size and style your looking for. You might like the HRE flow forged or forgestar f14. Probably not long waits on those and high quality. Also check with vendors here. Don't order meh Volks...
Old 05-31-17, 08:22 PM
757HuntEng
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Spam89
Brother I love your wheels man. Can you tell me how long it took for you to get them? I am no wheel expert so excuse me but is Brixton top line company? Also the expected cost of the wheels?
Thanks man
They are based in L.A. and the majority of their wheels are on exotic cars. The wheels are stupid lightweight under 20lbs Titanium Bolts. I think they are about as high quality as you can get, besides HRE but time will tell. They took 6 months and cost 9k.
Old 05-31-17, 08:25 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

What do you mean don't order Volks? Do you even know what you are talking about and comparing them with flow formed wheels? Volk wheels are one of the BEST FORGED wheels money can buy. It's reputation is right up there with BBS. OP, I am sure you are familiar with Volk rims that's why you are considering them.
Old 05-31-17, 08:32 PM
757HuntEng
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
What do you mean don't order Volks? Do you even know what you are talking about and comparing them with flow formed wheels? Volk wheels are one of the BEST FORGED wheels money can buy. It's reputation is right up there with BBS. OP, I am sure you are familiar with Volk rims that's why you are considering them.
whooa.. settle down there. I said don't order meh Volks that they don't even make in the right sizes, if you read the other posts and not just spouted off.

Quick Reply: Next Purchase debating....