RC F or Maserati Grand Turismo sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-17, 09:17 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RC F or Maserati Grand Turismo sport

Hey Guys,
I am debating if I should get the RC-F 2017 or the Maserati 2017. I know the price difference is substantial but I really love both cars. I do not know much about Maserati cars nor if they are reliable. Can someone chime in and help me decide! Also, I can not decide if USB or Ultra white on the RC-F looks best. What color would you guys choose?
Old 02-28-17, 10:20 AM
Sneakerboy
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you considered a 2017 GTR?

I know the reason I went with Lexus was because you get reliability.

Personal favorite color on the RCF is the ultra white.
Old 02-28-17, 11:02 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
Hey Guys,
I am debating if I should get the RC-F 2017 or the Maserati 2017. I know the price difference is substantial but I really love both cars. I do not know much about Maserati cars nor if they are reliable. Can someone chime in and help me decide! Also, I can not decide if USB or Ultra white on the RC-F looks best. What color would you guys choose?
First off, you're talking about two totally different tiers of cars.
Without stating what's important to you it's hard for anyone to tell you much as to the decision between which is better: RC-F vs GranTurismo.

As per "reliable", if you're asking if it will break down a lot, then I would say yes in your case since you stated that you don't know much about Maserati, (no offense) and therefore would not know how to best maintain a Ferrari powered car built in Italy.
In addition when it does break down, parts are extremely expensive, as well as labor.
Old 02-28-17, 11:09 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I love the way Maserati sounds, but I cannot justify the price for the performance that you get. In my opinion, I'd rather get an Audi RS7 or BMW M5 for that price range. The Mercedes-Benz C63s AMG Coupe would be up there as well.

Between the two, I'd choose the RCF and spend all the rest of money on mods.
Old 02-28-17, 11:36 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

if leasing then get the Maserati. If buying and retaining beyond warranty for a few years, the RCF For that money, I would give the AMG GT a look as well
Old 02-28-17, 11:40 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sneakerboy
Have you considered a 2017 GTR?

I know the reason I went with Lexus was because you get reliability.

Personal favorite color on the RCF is the ultra white.
Hey Sneakerboy,
I have considered the GTR as well but the interior is what kills it. I am a auto detailer and detailed many GTRS. The performance is top notch, however the interior feels cheap and tacky.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (03-02-17)
Old 02-28-17, 11:43 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MisterEun
First off, you're talking about two totally different tiers of cars.
Without stating what's important to you it's hard for anyone to tell you much as to the decision between which is better: RC-F vs GranTurismo.

As per "reliable", if you're asking if it will break down a lot, then I would say yes in your case since you stated that you don't know much about Maserati, (no offense) and therefore would not know how to best maintain a Ferrari powered car built in Italy.
In addition, when it does break down, parts are extremely expensive, as well as labor.
Your right! I have driven many Maserati Ghibli but not a Grandturismo. I am a auto detailer and have many clients with Maserati and they tell me its a great car with 0 problems.

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I love the way Maserati sounds, but I cannot justify the price for the performance that you get. In my opinion, I'd rather get an Audi RS7 or BMW M5 for that price range. The Mercedes-Benz C63s AMG Coupe would be up there as well.

Between the two, I'd choose the RCF and spend all the rest of money on mods.
Hey IMCHIA,
What about a c63 amg s or a RCF? I was also in the market of a used Audi R8 for about 100k but do not know how reliable they are, especially a used one,

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
if leasing then get the Maserati. If buying and retaining beyond warranty for a few years, the RCF For that money, I would give the AMG GT a look as well
Man I love the AMG GT. Might look into that too!
Old 02-28-17, 11:46 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It really depends on what you’re looking for in a car. Other than the infotainment system it's no real reason to pick the RCF over the Granturismo. My close friend owns a RCF and I own a Maserati.
While the RCF is nice the Maserati is simply on a different level. I haven't had one single problem with my Granturismo but if you’re looking for a luxury coupe go with the RCF. If you’re looking for a fun car that looks and sound better than 90% of the cars on the road.. Then the Granturismo is your car.
The car attractive a lot attention. I'm more of a luxury guy which is why my car only comes out on the weekend. If I had to do it all over again I probably would have purchase another S550 Coupe.
Old 02-28-17, 12:03 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rogers2
It really depends on what you’re looking for in a car. Other than the infotainment system it's no real reason to pick the RCF over the Granturismo. My close friend owns a RCF and I own a Maserati.
While the RCF is nice the Maserati is simply on a different level. I haven't had one single problem with my Granturismo but if you’re looking for a luxury coupe go with the RCF. If you’re looking for a fun car that looks and sound better than 90% of the cars on the road. Then the Granturismo is your car.
The car attractive a lot attention. I'm more of a luxury guy which is why my car only comes out on the weekend. If I had to do it all over again I probably would have purchase another S550 Coupe.
Hey Rogers,
Thanks for your honest opinion. I have driven Lexus with 0 problems on all vehicles. I heard a lot of horror stories on other brands so I think that keeps me from venturing out and purchasing non-lexus brands. I chose the RC-F for its unique styling and its beautiful interior seats, especially red. I have opted out M4/M3 because it is so common where I live and most people can not differentiate between a 435i and a m4. I also thought about the c63 amg s vs RC-F. What are your thoughts on the c63 amg s?
Thanks
Old 02-28-17, 12:13 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

How about the LC500?

Sound was benchmarked with Maserati.
Ride/handling was BMW 6 series.
Essentially same engine as RCF
Get two doors and amazing interior.
Old 02-28-17, 12:20 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I honestly have no opinion on the C63 AMG. I probably wouldn't purchase one b/c I like big body coupes.
Honestly if you have a warranty. I wouldn't worry about repairs. Buy the car that brings a smile to your face. I always hate when I settle.
A used AMG GT would definitely fit the bill unless you need a back seat. If your going to go coupe, go all out.

Honestly don't make a decision until you drive all the cars on your list or you will regret it.

Last edited by rogers2; 02-28-17 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-28-17, 12:36 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

+2. If looking for a luxury coupe I'd go with LC500, M6/6series or S-Class coupe
Old 02-28-17, 12:58 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
How about the LC500?

Sound was benchmarked with Maserati.
Ride/handling was BMW 6 series.
Essentially same engine as RCF
Get two doors and amazing interior.
this. Be one of the first kids on the block 😄
Old 02-28-17, 01:02 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey IMCHIA,
What about a c63 amg s or a RCF? I was also in the market of a used Audi R8 for about 100k but do not know how reliable they are, especially a used one,
I'd definitely get the C63S coupe but there is a big price differential between the two. I love the C63s AMG and would get it over RCF in a heartbeat.
Old 02-28-17, 03:52 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey IMCHIA,
Lexus and Porsche top the list in reliability. Mercedes not bad also. Audi is halfway down and I personally wouldn't touch one.
http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study...y-Make/1881ENG

Quick Reply: RC F or Maserati Grand Turismo sport