RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Clarkson's opinion on RC F vs GS F

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-17, 02:54 AM
hellorcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clarkson's opinion on RC F vs GS F

When he reviewed the Lexus GS F, he seemed to like it a lot. anyone think he is being extremely hypocritical?

Last edited by hellorcf; 02-16-17 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-16-17, 06:52 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Clarkson wanted to have his c__k sucked by his mistress but she just had a tooth pulled by the dentist. So, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and vented on the RC-F. Definitely a hypocrite!
His review turned off a lot of potential buyers. I am sure this pissed off Lexus..
Old 02-16-17, 09:42 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Clarkson wanted to have his c__k sucked by his mistress but she just had a tooth pulled by the dentist. So, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and vented on the RC-F. Definitely a hypocrite!
His review turned off a lot of potential buyers. I am sure this pissed off Lexus..
im a firm believer that his rant with that car was one of the reason for his blow up with the producer ill never forgive him for that. It has been proven several times that the M4 is only marginally better or the same performance as the rcf
Old 02-16-17, 12:44 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They hated the SC-430, saying it was the world's worst car, and having owned one his award to Lexus was not that far off.
Old 02-16-17, 01:11 PM
hellorcf
Driver School Candidate

Yeah it's a load of bs. He said he would pick the gs f over the m3 and m5. He also said how the gs f was pretty quick and sounded great. His rc f review was just a bunch of bs so he could drive the lfa again
Old 02-16-17, 03:01 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I think what happened with the RC-F's review was that Clarkson went in there expecting something on the level of the LFA. His expectations were probably extremely high and was disappointed when he drove it because obviously it is not in the same league as the LFA, he even compared them saying something along the lines of "how can Lexus have given us the LFA and then give us this!" And on top of that, he compares it with the M4 too and he just loves BMWs for whatever reason. To be fair, that drag race between the RC-F and the M4 is also horrible in that review, it's like the RC-F wasn't even trying... "Top gear: drag races" has a race with the GTR, M4 and RC-F and even though the M4 still wins over the RC-F, it was only by barely a car length, if that much. Top Gear's rival Fifth Gear, also had reviews of the RC-F and they certainly didn't give it a bad review. Maybe he was told to do that review like that... I dunno, maybe the performance is good enough for a 4 door saloon (how they call it) but not for a sports coupe in his eyes???
Old 02-16-17, 03:21 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I think he just expected more and his expectations were high. But comparing the RCF to the M4 is the same as when the ISF was compared to the E92, the RCF is getting put through the same ringer the ISF did compared to its competitors. That's just the nature of the beast now, he probably had his expectations in line by the time he drove the GSF
Old 02-16-17, 03:28 PM
hellorcf
Driver School Candidate

probably, but him just under-steering the rc f was just silly i think. he basically compared the gs f to the m3, and the m3 is basically an m4 in my opinion.
Old 02-16-17, 05:27 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

OK. But Clarkson did not know or did not have any clue that the LFA was an extremely limited production vehicle (500 copies for 2012) with a price tag of north of $400K+?

Versus the RCF is a mass production vehicle with a price of around $80K fully loaded? I mean if the price tag of the RCF was in the same ballpark as the LFA, then YES, Clarkson had every right to say whatever bad things he wanted to say about the RCF. HE KNOWS BETTER AND HE SAID BAD THINGS AND DROVE THE RCF BADLY ON PURPOSE! This is not excusable for him as this is his profession and he lives and breathes in the automotive industry.

An example:. One goes out and buys a brand new VW Bug. Drives it home and then became upset because it will not perform like a Porsche 911 and says it is slow and does not handle like a Porsche 911? And continues to complain that it can't take that turn at 70 mph and had to slow down to 35mph and sliding all over the place!!! And on and on. Come on Clarkson, get real and do your home work BC your are supposed to be a professional and people USED to rely and trust your reviews and opinions. Trying to compare the uber performance $400K+ LFA to the $80K LUXURY coupe RCF? Two different animals!!!

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
I think what happened with the RC-F's review was that Clarkson went in there expecting something on the level of the LFA. His expectations were probably extremely high and was disappointed when he drove it because obviously it is not in the same league as the LFA, he even compared them saying something along the lines of "how can Lexus have given us the LFA and then give us this!" And on top of that, he compares it with the M4 too and he just loves BMWs for whatever reason. To be fair, that drag race between the RC-F and the M4 is also horrible in that review, it's like the RC-F wasn't even trying... "Top gear: drag races" has a race with the GTR, M4 and RC-F and even though the M4 still wins over the RC-F, it was only by barely a car length, if that much. Top Gear's rival Fifth Gear, also had reviews of the RC-F and they certainly didn't give it a bad review. Maybe he was told to do that review like that... I dunno, maybe the performance is good enough for a 4 door saloon (how they call it) but not for a sports coupe in his eyes???
Old 02-16-17, 09:46 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Clarkson isn't the only one that thinks the GSF handles better than the RCF. There are several reviews out there that state they like the GSF more than the RCF.

Example:
Old 02-16-17, 09:51 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

GSF handles well for the size and it being a sedan. you expect more out of the RCF. ive driven them back to back, i can't say the GSF handles betters. it def feels lower. i like both cars. RCF more of course.
Old 02-16-17, 10:11 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Clarkson didn't like the looks of the RC-F, which kind of soured him on the car.
Old 02-16-17, 10:46 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
GSF handles well for the size and it being a sedan. you expect more out of the RCF. ive driven them back to back, i can't say the GSF handles betters. it def feels lower. i like both cars. RCF more of course.
Stiffer chassis in GSF makes it handle sharper than the RCF. Not saying the RCF is bad, but it does have the Frankenstein chassis compared to the well-honed and developed 4GS chassis. Don't be surprised when many people praise the GSF when they weren't impressed with the RCF.

I have driven both too, and I lean towards the GSF. That's ok though, people are allowed to like different things.
Old 02-17-17, 10:33 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Stiffer chassis in GSF makes it handle sharper than the RCF. Not saying the RCF is bad, but it does have the Frankenstein chassis compared to the well-honed and developed 4GS chassis. Don't be surprised when many people praise the GSF when they weren't impressed with the RCF.

I have driven both too, and I lean towards the GSF. That's ok though, people are allowed to like different things.
I was just thinking the same thing what you said about the 4GS chassis vs the Frankenstein RCF chassis, it makes sense.
Old 02-17-17, 08:36 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

BMW surely slipped him several benjamins for that one. He lost my respect when he reviewed the GSF later on and loved it. It totally confirmed he was full of crap reviewing the RCF and totally confirmed my suspicions. They're both great cars, just a bit under powered with the competition. They both share the same powerplant. Then that asshat wants to talk about sound? It's the same motor! same induction sound, coming from the two stage valve intake box. Even the ISF has been doing this since 2008. He made it even worse for not letting the stig hot lap it.

Quick Reply: Clarkson's opinion on RC F vs GS F