RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Deciding between Sports Coupe in this Segment

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-16, 07:37 AM
JL6speed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
how modified was your 350? I had a stock AT 370 that ran 12.9 and the Rcf is barely faster from a dig, 12.8 quarter mile.

the Rcf shines after 90 mph and well into the triple digits as the v8 keeps on pulling.
I'm coming from ~300rwhp. When I test drove the RCF, I felt it was moderately faster, and very controllable. I didn't feel unsafe powering through curves or turns.

I do see a bunch of BMW 4 series, and I've always been the type that likes to have exclusivity. My DD is orange and it is a major perk going for the RC F. Only other option for a OEM orange car would be getting a used E92 M3 Lime Rock edition, but those are horribly overpriced for what it is.
Old 10-05-16, 03:32 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JL6speed
I'm coming from ~300rwhp. When I test drove the RCF, I felt it was moderately faster, and very controllable. I didn't feel unsafe powering through curves or turns.

I do see a bunch of BMW 4 series, and I've always been the type that likes to have exclusivity. My DD is orange and it is a major perk going for the RC F. Only other option for a OEM orange car would be getting a used E92 M3 Lime Rock edition, but those are horribly overpriced for what it is.
wait til you turn off traction control on the Rcf haha. It's more stable bc of the traction control system. I'm much more confident pushing the 370z with the traction off, especially around corners.

you will not be disappointed with the molten pearl Rcf. My Rcf turns heads everywhere I go
Old 10-05-16, 03:55 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Driven all three (granted for very short spurts aside from the RCF), and I think it's relatively simple.

If I was going for purely performance only: BMW M4 would be my choice. Easily the fastest of the three stock, and right now the aftermarket community for the M4 is definitely bigger. I've seen videos of tuned M4 on 100 octane keeping up with tuned/exhaust GTRs (2009-2010) from a roll. It's a beast.

If I was going for elegant styling with great sounding motor - Audi RS5 would be my choice. To me, it's the best looking of the group. The shifts sounds amazing.

If I was going for aggressive exterior styling with the best interior of the group and a great sounding motor with Toyota reliability - Lexus RCF. I get compliments and stares all the time. I'm sure way more than the Audi or BMW would. It's a great car. Might not be the fastest but it's definitely fun!
I couldn't have said it better (for all three cars).
Old 10-05-16, 04:32 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JL6speed

I am used to very quick cars and I have never once thought the RCF needed more power or felt it left me wanting. I also love the Orange and would not have it in any other color.

I am just not big on the RS5 styling. It seems bland to me. I can hook you up with the below Audi for about the same price as an M4. It is a much better car than the RS5 and quicker than the RC F.
Attached Thumbnails Deciding between Sports Coupe in this Segment-s7.jpg  
Old 10-05-16, 06:09 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Current F80 M3 owner here.

Both the RCF and M4 are great cars.
I have had ZERO issues with my M3 so far - 9months and 6k miles.

If you plan to mod extensively especially for power - i would get M4 as over 5-8yr period, your ownership experience will be much more exciting. Also if you join BMW CCA, you can attend cool events etc.
S55 engine is a beast and very underrated from factory.
Comp pack exhaust sounds great imo.

if you plan to stay stock and just want a fun car with no hassles, get RCF.

Both are great choices, cant go wrong with either.