RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Took my RCF to the track

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-16, 10:31 PM
Jbishop0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my RCF to the track

Hey guys, my first post to the forum. I have had my RC-F for over a year now and just completed my second track day over the weekend. I took some go pro footage I wanted to share with you guys. This was at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. I saw a few other IS-F's in my group and talked to 1 guy who mentioned he was a member on here so I thought id post up. My best lap was a 1:59.

Anyhoo, here is my first session. Keep in mind its my first time ever driving on this track.

here is a clip from my second session

and here is a reverse facing video from my third session.

here is a clip of an m3 who spun in front of me

Old 06-13-16, 04:20 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great stuff and nice driving--especially for your first time out.
Old 06-13-16, 10:06 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I almost signed up for this but couldn't make it last minute. Is your RCF all stock? It must have been interesting doing the roval in the damp weather that we had!
Old 06-13-16, 11:38 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice! Sharp pic:

Old 06-13-16, 12:28 PM
Jbishop0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF001
Great stuff and nice driving--especially for your first time out.
Thank you

Originally Posted by FR500GT
I almost signed up for this but couldn't make it last minute. Is your RCF all stock? It must have been interesting doing the roval in the damp weather that we had!
Weather wasn't too bad, couple rain drops here and there. My car has lowering springs , wheels spacers , apexi exhaust, and an apexi air filter.
Old 06-13-16, 06:40 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Nice video's which Apexi do you have resonated or the race non resonated exhaust?
Old 06-13-16, 08:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice videos & pics of your car, i've just never had the desire to take any of my cars to the track. I'd probably do it IF they gave me one of their hi-performance cars to drive, but i don't think i'd drive one of MY cars all out like you should if you're going to the track Some of these cars you see going around the track are going so slow, i just don't see the Thrill of doing that. if you're going to that track you need to drive like jeff gordon or whoever, not like your Grandmother (i just don't think i could do it in one of MY cars) But to each his own
Old 06-14-16, 05:41 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Nice videos & pics of your car, i've just never had the desire to take any of my cars to the track. I'd probably do it IF they gave me one of their hi-performance cars to drive, but i don't think i'd drive one of MY cars all out like you should if you're going to the track Some of these cars you see going around the track are going so slow, i just don't see the Thrill of doing that. if you're going to that track you need to drive like jeff gordon or whoever, not like your Grandmother (i just don't think i could do it in one of MY cars) But to each his own
Everyone should go at the pace within which they are comfortable in the novice run groups and instructors keep people reined in. Those slow appearing speeds can feel really fast and exhilarating to those novice drivers just learning the ropes.

Man, I would recommend this over anything else you could do on your bucket list if you are a car guy. Take that 996 out to a DE at a fun track just once . . . although you may get hooked. Its easy to do and there is always great camaraderie at these events put on by various car clubs such as PCA, BMW CCA, PBOC, Audi, Chin and etc.
Old 06-14-16, 11:34 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't let videos fool you Johnny. There is nothing like getting behind the wheel on an open track. While from an outside perspective it may look like the car is driving "slow", behind the wheel (depending on how technical the track is) you are literally fighting the car in the cockpit around the turns. I'll never forget the first time I went out to Buttonwillow, the warm up lap alone scared me but by the end of the day I was able to manipulate the car to do what I wanted and was able to get gain a lot more confidence behind the wheel, even when returning to daily driving the car. Granted the first time I tracked a car it had 500hp, some of the most fun track cars are little 150hp Mazda Miatas.

Last edited by FR500GT; 06-14-16 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-15-16, 08:39 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

so you were the one with the RC F at the track, I was there for the RR supercharger event... I have a video of you on the roval...your car sound mean...
Old 06-15-16, 12:49 PM
Jbishop0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Danblanco
Hey Nice video's which Apexi do you have resonated or the race non resonated exhaust?

I have the resonated one because I didn't want too much attention driving on the street. If I could do it all over again, I think this car can not get loud enough.

Yes to each his own. I did not get this car to only hit on ramps hard and meet up at cars and coffee. Although I do both of those things the real fun for me is having a spirited drive thru the canyons with my son, and more fun than that trying to safely push the car within my limits at the track. I will admit I am always hard on my toys but if I wasnt I would not get the F and would be satisfied with driving a 350.

Originally Posted by chris07is
so you were the one with the RC F at the track, I was there for the RR supercharger event... I have a video of you on the roval...your car sound mean...

were you the one I was chatting with in the garage? send me the video, I would love to see it.
Old 06-15-16, 01:10 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

No, that was Jeff aka (Quarius) he mentioned about you...i have a short clip from my phone when you were at the roval...
Old 06-15-16, 01:15 PM
Jbishop0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chris07is
No, that was Jeff aka (Quarius) he mentioned about you...i have a short clip from my phone when you were at the roval...
cool man, I will pm you my contact info to see if you can send it somehow. good lookin out.
Old 06-16-16, 04:28 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Great videos. That WRX was ahead for a while, but seemed like he was slowing you down. I'm wondering whether the M3 got distracted with you creeping up on him!

Is there a reason for taping the headlights/DRLs?
Old 06-16-16, 06:52 PM
Jbishop0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Welcome to the forum. Great videos. That WRX was ahead for a while, but seemed like he was slowing you down. I'm wondering whether the M3 got distracted with you creeping up on him!

Is there a reason for taping the headlights/DRLs?
The wrx was a good friend of mine that I went to the track with. The first 2 laps I stayed behind him till I decided to up my pace. I actually pointed that m3 by me thinking he was gonna show me some great lines, but he went wide the next turn then lost it under braking on the chicane after that, and that's the clip I put up. I taped up the headlights to reduce the chance of cracking or braking them from rocks. I actually cracked my windshield at chuckwalla valley raceway .

Quick Reply: Took my RCF to the track