Search this Thread

Old 04-15-16, 03:03 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by mjeds
the RCF 0-60 is pretty equal to the SS/GT/SRT cars
off the line the Camaro SS has more torque (I had one) and will launch harder, but beyond that the RCF can easily over take it, same with the Mustang GT 5.0, and the Dodge 392 cars (Challenger and Charger SRT)

The z/28, ZL1, and GT350, and Hell Cats, no comparison the RCF will lose it is heavier and has 120-250 ft lb less torque and/or hp.
So with a Full Joe Z or GT HAUS exhaust and Intake, and putting the RCF with a diet i.e lighter brakes rotors, Braille Battery, wont even help somewhat ?
Old 04-15-16, 03:11 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
So with a Full Joe Z or GT HAUS exhaust and Intake, and putting the RCF with a diet i.e lighter brakes rotors, Braille Battery, wont even help somewhat ?

help with what? against what?

The Z/28, GT350, or Hellcats? bolt-on parts won't help against vehicles that have a 50 - 200+ torque and HP advantage and/or forced induction.

add forced induction and maybe you might have a chance, but that requires tuning which isn't available.
Old 04-15-16, 05:38 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
A SS Camaro would be a good pairing with the RC-F. Both overweight pigs. Would come down to the driver.

The Z/28 will probably pull on you, the LS7 is a very torquy engine.

ZL1 - lol You will be smoked.

Mustang - See SS

Shelby, probably similar to the Z/28.

What I don't understand is that you guys are looking for a car to "mess with" but you either say "it will lose to you" or "I'll lose to it, so I didn't try".

What happens when you lose? Does you man pride shrink? Who cares. I've messed around with ZR1s, ZL1s, GT-Rs, 5.0s, 4th gens, ect. Surprisingly win some, lose ones you don't predict. You have a go or two, give a thumbs up and go your own ways.
I'll take the stand out unique design & reliability of my rcf any day, it's a blast to drive everyday

Last edited by MGB1120; 04-15-16 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-15-16, 06:07 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by MGB1120
I'll take the stand out unique design & reliability of my rcf any day, it's a blast to drive everyday

I do not disagree, it is why I bought it.
Old 04-15-16, 06:11 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
I do not disagree, it is why I bought it.
I swear I get double takes every day I drive it! Just getting gas today gentleman next to me looking at the back trying to see what kind of car it was!

Last edited by MGB1120; 04-15-16 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-18-16, 04:23 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MGB1120
Unique is in the eye of the beholder. Some will agree with you, others will not. So that doesn't really apply to this discussion.

As for reliability, I think there are several threads on here that prove otherwise. Fuel Pumps? Spoilers not working? I've had my Camaro for 4 years, 10k miles of good abuse, and not a single issue worth noting. So while I understand your point on reliability, the other options aren't much "less" reliable to make this a standout point. Furthermore, you use "unreliability" to justify upgrades. lol

Furthermore, for most people, the 400hp+ car is typically the toy. Thus, if its broken from time to time, it doesn't really matter, you just drive the DD until it is fixed lol
Old 04-18-16, 06:22 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Unique is in the eye of the beholder. Some will agree with you, others will not. So that doesn't really apply to this discussion.

As for reliability, I think there are several threads on here that prove otherwise. Fuel Pumps? Spoilers not working? I've had my Camaro for 4 years, 10k miles of good abuse, and not a single issue worth noting. So while I understand your point on reliability, the other options aren't much "less" reliable to make this a standout point. Furthermore, you use "unreliability" to justify upgrades. lol

Furthermore, for most people, the 400hp+ car is typically the toy. Thus, if its broken from time to time, it doesn't really matter, you just drive the DD until it is fixed lol
If you want to compare apples to apples, the first year model of the fifth generation camero had transmission issues and made the car immobile because of using launch control? I don't ever recalling the RCF leaving people stranded because of the fuel pump or the spoiler not working. I have the first year model with a build date 10/14 and have none of those issues.

I'm at 10k miles, had the car for about a year and a half, no issues here except for a CEL here and there due to the headers.
Old 04-18-16, 07:20 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
If you want to compare apples to apples, the first year model of the fifth generation camero had transmission issues and made the car immobile because of using launch control? I don't ever recalling the RCF leaving people stranded because of the fuel pump or the spoiler not working. I have the first year model with a build date 10/14 and have none of those issues.

I'm at 10k miles, had the car for about a year and a half, no issues here except for a CEL here and there due to the headers.
Very true. The first years were epic. The LC launches that left your rear end in pieces were great too lol
Old 06-19-16, 05:42 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Tell you the truth i don't think that's it I find that most people don't even know what kind of car it is unless it's someone that knows every car on the road, but MOST people don't have a clue. The guys in our Viper club OR our Porsche club don't even recognize my RCF as anything serious when it comes REAL Sports cars they usually just kid with me & say it's PRETTY

I found this humorous because I chose the RC F over a Porsche Cayman S (and a Jaguar F-type), and the other day I seen a guy in a black Viper watching me as I drove by him.

It doesn't hurt that it's pretty rare to see the RC F on the road, in my experience. I have yet to see another one... But I have seen Porsche and Viper several times. This car gets attention no matter where I go. Probably because it's rare to see them.

I don't care if I have the fastest car on the street or not. I'm content with what I have. I don't care what you own, there's always going to be someone faster. If I wanted raw power I could have bought a Camaro ZL1 with 580 HP for a lot less. I have a buddy who bought a Mustang for $3k and put $20k into it and now it runs 8's in the 1/4 mile. get what you want and don't worry about what other people want. It's not their money.
Old 06-19-16, 06:36 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I actually got a 5.0 Mustang with exhaust modifications (it was super loud) mess with me. Surprisingly I was able to pull away quite hard so i'm sure his exhaust modification wasn't extensive.

A lot of people do not know what motor the RCF has. When I tell folks it's a 5.0L V8 - they are usually very surprised. I actual like that!
Old 06-19-16, 07:03 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Yes, I love how rare my car is in my neck of the woods. I get double takes, thumbs ups, and "that is a beautiful ride!". I have only run into one other and it was a white one.

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 06-19-16 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-19-16, 09:50 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 273 Likes on 173 Posts

We call that lack of revving from other people, Fear.
Old 06-19-16, 10:10 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 672 Likes on 592 Posts

Only time people look at me and want to race is another ISF.. in the same caravan!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-20-16, 02:13 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Well I think we all bought the RCF for similar reasons,
Its fast, very reliable, priced fair, looks good, fun car to drive everyday.
Not like other people, (buy things they can't afford, Try to impress people they don't know).
Old 06-21-16, 04:40 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I actually got a 5.0 Mustang with exhaust modifications (it was super loud) mess with me. Surprisingly I was able to pull away quite hard so i'm sure his exhaust modification wasn't extensive.

A lot of people do not know what motor the RCF has. When I tell folks it's a 5.0L V8 - they are usually very surprised. I actual like that!
Agree with the surprised reaction from people regarding the engine. One guy even went as far as saying "you got a four under there?" He flipped when I said a V8 close to 500 horse.

Quick Reply: I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race