RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-17, 07:16 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
I only lost because of the cold weather. My tires were as hard as rocks and slipped like a *****. I would say, the S5 would still take the 0-60 but the F will take it after it really hooks up. But, I have new found respect for them and they will be on my list when move on from the F. I agree that their tech is way better and the AWD is awesome. I just don’t like the wheels. FYI, I had a 2015 S5 which I bought for 64K so I don’t mind the price..
Always loved the Audis...RS5 and TTRS were options when looking at possibly getting the RCF. Ended up going with reliability...would have loved AWD, though...there is a RS7 at work that I love. Audi has good bang for the buck but just like the rest of the german brands, once that warranty and/or maintenance agreement is up...$$$$$.
Old 01-10-19, 11:54 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
Any more looks or races?
Idk man things have been a little "quiet" here in California. I've barely been speeding up myself to pass anyone just to play safe.

I still think this exhaust law is blown out of proportion but the issue is when other cars get quieter and you're one of few loud ones left lol.
Old 01-11-19, 04:14 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

The thing that peoples don't race you simply means that you are living around more civilized peoples. The dumber peoples get, the more they are doing illegal streetracing.

Go and see to yourself. For example on Harvard U campus and check who is doing illegal street races... exactly... no one. Go to some parking lot at night and you will find plenty of play buddies. We have the same phenomenon there. If you drive around rush hour of the CEO's offices, you will have no problems on the streets. Wait until the supermarket and mechanics shops close at 19:00, and you will encounter many street idiots.
Old 01-11-19, 10:17 AM
nomadlife
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benoit
The thing that peoples don't race you simply means that you are living around more civilized peoples. The dumber peoples get, the more they are doing illegal streetracing.

Go and see to yourself. For example on Harvard U campus and check who is doing illegal street races... exactly... no one. Go to some parking lot at night and you will find plenty of play buddies. We have the same phenomenon there. If you drive around rush hour of the CEO's offices, you will have no problems on the streets. Wait until the supermarket and mechanics shops close at 19:00, and you will encounter many street idiots.
I definitely agree with this. It also depends on the landscape and if there are suitable racing roads.

In San Francisco, nobody bothers. Probably because the only people who can afford to live here are too busy with their careers/lives to be street racing, but also because there isn't much space for that sort of thing. Head over to modesto / sacramento / bakersfield and it's another story with plenty of bored young men, living in a place without excitement, and without other ways to prove themselves than a strip of asphalt.

Last edited by nomadlife; 01-11-19 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-11-19, 10:30 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
Any more looks or races?
Agree with others - with cops cracking down because of this blown-out-of-proportion exhaust law, it's been fairly quiet.

That being said, I did have a bean dream riced out Mini Cooper try to run me a little over a week ago when I was in Hayward on Mission. I originally ignored him but he kept harassing me (revs, pops and crackles over the span of 6 blocks). Finally got tired of it and lined up with him and put bus lengths on him. His poor car sounded like a lawnmower on its last leg
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (01-16-19)
Old 01-13-19, 05:17 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Street racing is fine as long as you are not endangering other people in a empty stretch of high way. I only street race with people I know, not with random people. I also drive pretty aggressively just because I love how my car drives and feels. It's not like I am trying to show off. I work long hours and run couple of businesses and the best way for me to lose stress is driving my car.
Old 01-13-19, 10:57 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I don't race and don't think it's a good idea on public roads.

It is true that sometimes you need to speed up FAST to get away from dangers. I learned that long ago in my motorcycle riding days (those days are over for me as I learned to mitigate risks).

BTW, "slow drivers on the highways" are dangerous:
https://www.esurance.com/info/car/th...ing-too-slowly

Originally Posted by Spam89
Street racing is fine as long as you are not endangering other people in a empty stretch of high way. I only street race with people I know, not with random people. I also drive pretty aggressively just because I love how my car drives and feels. It's not like I am trying to show off. I work long hours and run couple of businesses and the best way for me to lose stress is driving my car.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (01-14-19)
Old 05-05-19, 02:02 AM
sensai
Advanced

Received 619 Likes on 217 Posts

I get people trying to instigate a race often. Day and night...
Old 05-05-19, 10:32 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

We and those out there that can afford a $150k+ sports car, bought our cars for the same reason. Just because you haven't been enticed by a NSX or AMG GT or 911TT, doesn't mean they aren't street racing. I think it has more to do with the individual being a street racer no matter what car he/she can afford or where they live. Its either in you or not. It's about the balance of opportunity and safety. The younger guys ignore safety for the opportunity, while older guys try more to balance the two. If the opportunity arises, I will push my car, but not at the expense of public safety.