RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-17, 02:50 PM
ragingf80
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Ragingf80 is trying to put Lexusnutt in his place by posting a video where a C63 coupe destroys an RC-F on the drag strip. What he does not explain is that that C63 is a 507 Edition with 500 HPs which is way faster than normal C63. Also, that RC-F is on heavy 20s wrapped in rubberbands thus it was losing traction big time at launch.
Originally Posted by lexusnutt
Thanks man. Appreciate you having my back. As I posted, The one I raced was comparable in weight and CI

I'm not trying to put anyone in their place. I'm just trying to be realistic. The RC-F weighs 3958lbs compared to the 3829lb C63. Not much difference, but the C63 has 479 lb-ft @ 1,750-4,500 rpm and the RC-F only has 389 lb-ft @ 4,800.

Sure, the RC-F has 20's but that doesn't negate that it has less torque and weights a bit more. Same could be said for that C63. Maybe his tires were worn, maybe he was on rubber bands. Maybe he wasn't 100% on. I know that if I were in that situation on that onramp, there is a threshold of how hard I hit that accelerator. I know that I will be making a lot of noise if I mash the gas, so usually my commitment is about 80%ish in those situations. I'm not going to do a hard launch just to get into a lane, even if I really wanted it. So no, lexusnutt, I don't think that's anything to brag about. We don't even know if he is racing. In real world situations, like in the video I posted, the C63 can smoke a RC-F. I'm sure there are situations where a properly setup RC-F can smoke a C63. The point is, it's folly to claim

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
A win for the RCF!!
when there wasn't a race to begin with. This is an encounter on the street with questionable commitment on the other driver's part. Enjoy your cars fellas, RC-Fs are nice, but don't let that hubris start clouding your judgment. I see this on every forum. These "kill stories" are about as credible as "big fish" stories. Take it to the track.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (05-19-17)
Old 05-18-17, 07:26 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ragingf80
I'm not trying to put anyone in their place. I'm just trying to be realistic. The RC-F weighs 3958lbs compared to the 3829lb C63. Not much difference, but the C63 has 479 lb-ft @ 1,750-4,500 rpm and the RC-F only has 389 lb-ft @ 4,800.

Sure, the RC-F has 20's but that doesn't negate that it has less torque and weights a bit more. Same could be said for that C63. Maybe his tires were worn, maybe he was on rubber bands. Maybe he wasn't 100% on. I know that if I were in that situation on that onramp, there is a threshold of how hard I hit that accelerator. I know that I will be making a lot of noise if I mash the gas, so usually my commitment is about 80%ish in those situations. I'm not going to do a hard launch just to get into a lane, even if I really wanted it. So no, lexusnutt, I don't think that's anything to brag about. We don't even know if he is racing. In real world situations, like in the video I posted, the C63 can smoke a RC-F. I'm sure there are situations where a properly setup RC-F can smoke a C63. The point is, it's folly to claim

when there wasn't a race to begin with. This is an encounter on the street with questionable commitment on the other driver's part. Enjoy your cars fellas, RC-Fs are nice, but don't let that hubris start clouding your judgment. I see this on every forum. These "kill stories" are about as credible as "big fish" stories. Take it to the track.
and MAYBE Lexusnutt is a better driver than the C63 driver. And MAYBE, that C63 is the base version and probably an easier 'Kill' for an RC-F. There are many variables and you cannot just put down somebody because of SPECS. Many drivers like you underestimate the RC-F but in the REAL WORLD it is a great car. Many here have taken out F80 M3s like yours which judging by spec ( power to weight ratio) should be faster. Why? Because of variables we do not know. So, please stop putting down people. But I agree with you to take it to the track..
lexusnutt (12-30-20)
Old 05-18-17, 09:30 PM
ragingf80
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
and MAYBE Lexusnutt is a better driver than the C63 driver. And MAYBE, that C63 is the base version and probably an easier 'Kill' for an RC-F. There are many variables and you cannot just put down somebody because of SPECS. Many drivers like you underestimate the RC-F but in the REAL WORLD it is a great car. Many here have taken out F80 M3s like yours which judging by spec ( power to weight ratio) should be faster. Why? Because of variables we do not know. So, please stop putting down people. But I agree with you to take it to the track..

Believe me, I know, and I never meant to put anyone down. I've seen F80s absolutely smoke RC-Fs and vice versa, that's not the point. I hesitated to post anything more than a video of a sanctioned drag race on the track because it's a sensitive subject for me and I didn't want to bore or offend anyone with the type of post I ended up posting anyway. I'm just sensitive to these "kill" stories when I know people who have been hurt or, in the case of a friend, died as a result of these impromptu street races. We're not proving anything to anyone in these things. I've been "hit up" more times than I can count because of my car, and all to often the other idiot does some stupid move to try and egg me on, including trying to beat me to a lane merge, risking the lives of other innocent drivers. Yes, my car is modified, it's low, it's extremely loud, it has carbon fiber aero parts, but sometimes I'm just commuting home and I don't want to race. I'm not saying don't ever drive fast, I like to drive fast on backroads all the time, but it's not to street race. Racing gets our blood boiling and that's when we take unnecessary risks. Just be careful who we are racing and ask ourselves why we are doing it.

Enjoy your cars everyone!
The following 2 users liked this post by ragingf80:
Mingofish (09-02-17), shadow1118 (09-01-17)
Old 05-19-17, 06:55 AM
Ninja10r
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i'll run my RC-F at the track , just like i did my is-f (12.79 @111 mph) just for a base and my own peace of mind about how my car is performing , you win some , you lose some and i'm dying to see how the new twin turbo awd infinity will run because at the end of the day
it may also be a little quicker
Old 09-01-17, 07:41 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ragingf80
Believe me, I know, and I never meant to put anyone down. I've seen F80s absolutely smoke RC-Fs and vice versa, that's not the point. I hesitated to post anything more than a video of a sanctioned drag race on the track because it's a sensitive subject for me and I didn't want to bore or offend anyone with the type of post I ended up posting anyway. I'm just sensitive to these "kill" stories when I know people who have been hurt or, in the case of a friend, died as a result of these impromptu street races. We're not proving anything to anyone in these things. I've been "hit up" more times than I can count because of my car, and all to often the other idiot does some stupid move to try and egg me on, including trying to beat me to a lane merge, risking the lives of other innocent drivers. Yes, my car is modified, it's low, it's extremely loud, it has carbon fiber aero parts, but sometimes I'm just commuting home and I don't want to race. I'm not saying don't ever drive fast, I like to drive fast on backroads all the time, but it's not to street race. Racing gets our blood boiling and that's when we take unnecessary risks. Just be careful who we are racing and ask ourselves why we are doing it.

Enjoy your cars everyone!
dang, respect for this post.

I hate how people always try to egg me on driving this car. , its so annoying. I honestly never thought it would be like this, but literally every day on my way to work someone different is always trying to race me. yes I admit I try to race back more times than id like to admit, but I'm not going to do it anymore after reading this. its just not worth it.
Old 09-02-17, 03:09 PM
RadlerCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my way to look at a new Shelby GT350, I raced a GT350. Totally random on I4 in Florida. The RCF is stock except for a Takeda intake. The RCF was barely quicker from about 70-100. I don't think the GT350 was trying hard though because it wasn't getting up in the revs.

I ended up buying the GT350 later that evening.

True story.
Old 09-03-17, 02:15 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RadlerCF
On my way to look at a new Shelby GT350, I raced a GT350. Totally random on I4 in Florida. The RCF is stock except for a Takeda intake. The RCF was barely quicker from about 70-100. I don't think the GT350 was trying hard though because it wasn't getting up in the revs.

True story.
bruh, are you serious? thats why you bought a mustang? I got creamed by a gtr the other day and I didn't buy a gtr.... which I could of..... lmao
finny76 (11-14-17)
Old 09-05-17, 09:21 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RadlerCF

True story.
Kudos to you buddy. ​Off to the Mustang forums you go. I just love my RCF.
The following 2 users liked this post by SinisteRCF:
finny76 (11-14-17), shadow1118 (09-05-17)
Old 09-15-17, 12:47 PM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

All I know is that the RC-F is underrated on paper especially on a roll versus a dig...I have pulled cars that on paper I should not have...and they were "going hard" because they were pissed at the results. IDK but it seems to me like the RC-F has a lot more mid range to top end power than most V8's I have owned...just the way it comes on kind of late? Just my 2 cents!

Also I owned a GTR and there is no comparison but then again until you own a GTR you are not aware of the DD issues with that car (too many to list). Now I will tell you it is the baddest car I have ever owned or driven from a dig...and it is seriously fast. But over the years I have learned there is more to owning a very nice car than just raw power. Too each his own but I want the diversity that the RCF delivers. It might not be the fastest car on the road but then what percentage of the time do you need that when DD? 10% of the time...so you suffer the other 90% driving a radical race car just so for that 10% you can pull someone??? Hmmm...just not my reason for picking the RC-F. I love that 90% of the time I am driving a luxury type car with great amenities and the style (whether you agree with it or not) is sort of iconic I think. I guess we will have to wait and see??? Good thread though!
Old 11-14-17, 12:10 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Well I just lost to a Mustang GT. It was a 2016 or 2017, looked pretty badass and had at least a hell of a loud exhaust. He took me by about 2 cars from a ~40 mile roll, partially my fault because it was a quick thing and I had it on sport+ but in auto so by the 3rd honk when I stepped on it it took a second to downshift, should have been on manual and the right gear but anyways... the guys said it was tuned but didn't tell me what it had aside from the obvious exhaust... now I want to mod the F, crap...
finny76 (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 12:40 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Well I just lost to a Mustang GT. It was a 2016 or 2017, looked pretty badass and had at least a hell of a loud exhaust. He took me by about 2 cars from a ~40 mile roll, partially my fault because it was a quick thing and I had it on sport+ but in auto so by the 3rd honk when I stepped on it it took a second to downshift, should have been on manual and the right gear but anyways... the guys said it was tuned but didn't tell me what it had aside from the obvious exhaust... now I want to mod the F, crap...
What mods do you have? Mustang GT are quick but you need to know your strengths when you are doing roll racing. Our strength is 30mph in 1st gear or 50mile in 2nd gear. I hang with FBO Musang GT (Exhaust, Intake, Intake Manifold, Headers, Tune, E85) and I am exhaust and headers. When I was only exhaust, I would constantly lose by only half a car to a car length.
Old 11-14-17, 02:59 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
What mods do you have? Mustang GT are quick but you need to know your strengths when you are doing roll racing. Our strength is 30mph in 1st gear or 50mile in 2nd gear. I hang with FBO Musang GT (Exhaust, Intake, Intake Manifold, Headers, Tune, E85) and I am exhaust and headers. When I was only exhaust, I would constantly lose by only half a car to a car length.
Yeah that's the thing, I'm 100%, completely bone stock so I don't feel that bad but still got the little itch to mod... Now looking at it, I probably would have been next to him or maybe more if I had been on 2nd gear... I think it was in 4th and downshifted to second when I punched it but still lost time from the beginning... I might start looking into an exhaust, I hear it makes a difference and it opens up pretty good
Old 11-14-17, 04:36 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

A mustang GT is quick and the new performance pack ones for 2018 are very good. The GT350, as mentioned above, is another league. My mechanic has one and it's a monster. RC-F is NOT a race car. Actually, I wish it was more performance oriented than it is but it's a very nice, very fast (different than quick) car. Cars like GT350s, GTRs, BMW M whatever should be beating them as those cars had a different design priority. Go look at an M2, hell or M240i specs and times. Just don't look at the interior ;-)
Old 11-14-17, 05:11 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1118
bruh, are you serious? thats why you bought a mustang? I got creamed by a gtr the other day and I didn't buy a gtr.... which I could of..... lmao
LMFAO!
Old 11-14-17, 06:36 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

I have won many races starting in 2nd gear at 50mph, the car pulls like crazy then.

Quick Reply: I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race