RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

why there are so many lexus rc f pre owned for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 06:27 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Also im sure a few RCFs that were sold were impulse buys. I have a 2015 Pre owned performance pack RCF with 8k miles the lady in here 40s wrote a check for the car. Then realized the car was too small. She was really upset she had to give up her RCF it made her feel "younger" as she put it. She is now in a 2016 RX350 Fsport.
Old 03-24-16, 08:15 AM
Db750
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by javierrebe
Hello

I'm just curious

I noticed that there is a lot of RCF Pre-Owned for sale.

makes me think there is something wrong with it?
because can not be expired leasings from 2015? is only 1 year
and some with 2k, 5k, 8k or 12k miles only.

if some one have a theory or a reason for this other that the guy got home and his wife make him return it let me know.
Hello javierrebe,

Welcome to the RCF forum. I have browsed through the replies, some of which have been quite hilarious in a sense of how out of touch with reality at least one owner is, and I have a few things that I would like to add to assist you.

The reason that there are currently so many very lightly used RCF's on the market is a question that to be answered we must look back several years into the past to a time where all we knew about the RCF was that it was going to "be a car that is fun for everyone", "it will have a naturally aspirated engine", and "it will have the DNA of the LFA". This was just the beginning of the hype that Lexus began to build before the reveal of the RCF. We started to see teaser pictures of the massive front grill or that sexy cockpit interior; this was like nothing that has ever come from Lexus and is really going to be something special.

By the time the RCF hit dealer lots Lexus enthusiast, and even more so dealership sales associates and managers, had been completely swept away by Lexus' savvy marketing campaign and believed with 100% certainty that we were dealing with a limited production exotic. You could pull up to the dealership in a brand new M6 wanting a test drive in the new RCF and you would be nothing but a peasant tenant farmer looking for a handout in the eyes of uppity Sales Managers. You want a test drive? You can have one after you buy the car! This is a limited production model, this is the only one we are getting and we already have 10 offers, all carbon models will be special order and impossible to get. For the first few months they were right, and then a well known phenomenon called "Supply and Demand" happened.

After the initial rush of Club Lexus members and Dealership owners/Managers as well as your occasional 27 year old Mrs. Status gotta have the new thing and your 80 year old last fling before the nursing home buyers demand slowed to a halt while the supply train kept chugging along. No one else thought the car was worth buying at the terms laid out above so the cars began to accumulate on dealer lots. Sales associates and other dealer employees began to use these cars as demos which just added to the number of low mile cars on the preowned market. Dealers finally realized that they were going to have to take down the velvet ropes, chandeliers and marble columns they had surrounding their coveted RCF's and actually let prospective buyers test drive the cars. Not only that, but they were going to need to cordially "bend over and take one" on the sales price. This is what we call a "Buyers Market".

Now we have the final 2015 models leaving the lots at massive discounts along with some buyers trading their impulse buy RCF in on a new model at little to no loss as well as other dropping the car due to the normal reasons such as they are tired of the car, they change cars often, they want the next best thing, etc.

All of this has led to where we are today; a market that per capita has a surprising number of used RCF's available. To compare the number of RCF's to M4's is absurd due to the fact that the M4 outsells the RCF 34353246243 to 1. Not only that but there are M4 coupes, convertibles, and the M3 sedan, and they are all holding value quite well (I don't see why the M4 needs to be mentioned in this thread but I have seen it mentioned in nearly every post).

My opinion is that the used market will stabilize. I do not think that the used 2015 will continue to plummet as they have their first year, and I think that a used RCF in the low 50's, or even better high to mid 40's, is/will be a fantastic buy and a value for the money.

Last edited by Db750; 03-24-16 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-24-16, 09:20 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fact:

There are TONS of M4s with VERY LOW mileage for sale--212 M4s on CarGurus alone.

I will agree that many do not realize what there are buying and are drawn to the lure of owning a sexy, high-performance vehicle. It happens with the Fs, Ms, AMGs, Porsches, and super exotics. Affording the car is different from maintaining and fueling the car.

I can no more easily explain why some F buyers are leaving their cars than why M4 owners are leaving their cars in droves--AND THEY ARE. I do believe it has a lot to do with the near uncontrollable, torque-induced oversteer. Sure, the Fs are not "perfect," but they are a heck of a lot closer to perfection than the M4 and the best choice in class for a daily driver that might see the track a few times per year.

The RC F has already achieved it goal of ushering in a new face for "Lexus." While that may not be what everyone wants, they have succeeded in enhancing their brand, and the F brand association is attracting buyers who are purchasing across the product line.

The RC F is the envy of A LOT of car enthusiasts and I expect over time that this will grow even more as car critics continue to appreciate the RC F for what it is as a unique high-performance daily driver vehicle. Believe it or not, there are PLENTY of M4 buyers who wish they purchased the RC F, and there are plenty who have converted--it's far from a one-way street.

My F will NEVER see a track: that's not keeping me from have a blast in it every day of week.

Regardless, the F can run with the best of them on the track. The question is: can the F deliver at 9/10s. I think so.

Last edited by ISF001; 03-24-16 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-24-16, 09:21 AM
kdu
Rookie

Originally Posted by Db750
Hello javierrebe,

Welcome to the RCF forum. I have browsed through the replies, some of which have been quite hilarious in a sense of how out of touch with reality at least one owner is, and I have a few things that I would like to add to assist you.

The reason that there are currently so many very lightly used RCF's on the market is a question that to be answered we must look back several years into a the past to a time where all we knew about the RCF was that it was going to "be a car that is fun for everyone", "it will have a naturally aspirated engine", and "it will have the DNA of the LFA". This was just the beginning of the hype that Lexus began to build before the reveal of the RCF. We started to see teaser pictures of the massive front grill or that sexy cockpit interior; this was like nothing that has ever come from Lexus and is really going to be something special.

By the time the RCF hit dealer lots Lexus enthusiast, and even more so dealership sales associates and managers, had been completely swept away by Lexus' savvy marketing campaign and believed with 100% certainty that we were dealing with a limited production exotic. You could pull up to the dealership in a brand new M6 wanting a test drive in the new RCF and you would be nothing but a peasant tenant farmer looking for a handout in the eyes of uppity Sales Managers. You want a test drive? You can have one after you buy the car! This is a limited production model, this is the only one we are getting and we already have 10 offers, all carbon models will be special order and impossible to get. For the first few months they were right, and then a well known phenomenon called "Supply and Demand" happened.

After the initial rush of Club Lexus members and Dealership owners/Managers as well as your occasional 27 year old Mrs. Status gotta have the new thing and your 80 year old last fling before the nursing home buyers demand slowed to a halt the supply train kept chugging along. No one else thought the car was worth buying at the terms laid out above so the cars began to accumulate on dealer lots. Sales associates and other dealer employees began to use these cars as demos which just added to the number of low mile cars on the preowned market. Dealers finally realized that they were going to have to take down the velvet ropes, chandeliers and marble columns they had surrounding their coveted RCF's and actually let prospective buyers test drive the cars. Not only that, but they were going to need to cordially "bend over and take one" on the sales price. This is what we call a "Buyers Market".

Now we have the final 2015 models leaving the lots at massive discounts along with some buyers trading their impulse buy RCF in on a new model at little to no loss as well as other dropping the car due to the normal reasons such as they are tired of the car, they change cars often, they want the next best thing, etc.

All of this has led to where we are today; a market that per capita has a surprising number of used RCF's available. To compare the number of RCF's to M4's is absurd due to the fact that the M4 outsells the RCF 34353246243 to 1. Not only that but there are M4 coupes, convertibles, and the M3 sedan, and they are all holding value quite well (I don't see why the M4 needs to be mentioned in this thread but I have seen it mentioned in nearly every post).

My opinion is that the used market will stabilize. I do not think that the used 2015 will continue to plummet as they have their first year, and I think that a used RCF in the low 50's, or even better high to mid 40's, is/will be a fantastic buy and a value for the money.
That pretty much sums it up.
Old 03-24-16, 10:01 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Fact:

There are TONS of M4s with VERY LOW mileage for sale--212 M4s on CarGurus alone.

I will agree that many do not realize what there are buying and are drawn to the lure of owning a sexy, high-performance vehicle. It happens with the Fs, Ms, AMGs, Porsches, and super exotics. Affording the car is different from maintaining and fueling the car.

I can no more easily explain why some F buyers are leaving their cars than why M4 owners are leaving their cars in droves--AND THEY ARE. I do believe it has a lot to do with the near uncontrollable, torque-induced oversteer. Sure, the Fs are not "perfect," but they are a heck of a lot closer to perfection than the M4 and the best choice in class for a daily driver that might see the track a few times per year.

The RC F has already achieved it goal of ushering in a new face for "Lexus." While that may not be what everyone wants, they have succeeded in enhancing their brand, and the F brand association is attracting buyers who are purchasing across the product line.

The RC F is the envy of A LOT of car enthusiasts and I expect over time that this will grow even more as car critics continue to appreciate the RC F for what it is as a unique high-performance daily driver vehicle. Believe it or not, there are PLENTY of M4 buyers who wish they purchased the RC F, and there are plenty who have converted--it's far from a one-way street.

My F will NEVER see a track: that's not keeping me from have a blast in it every day of week.

Regardless, the F can run with the best of them on the track. The question is: can the F deliver at 9/10s. I think so.

Testing the new Lexus RC F with RingTaxi.de - YouTube
there's really no need to lie. there are a whopping 116 used M4's on CarGurus with 10k miles or less. and im not even sure that 10k miles signifies 'VERY LOW'.

be better than that, man...
Old 03-24-16, 10:22 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would I lie? There are 211 M4s listed. Forgive the addition of one more in my earlier post.

My point: plenty of M4s for the taking if folks want them.
Attached Thumbnails why there are so many lexus rc f pre owned for sale?-212-m4s-listed.jpg  
Old 03-24-16, 10:35 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Why would I lie? There are 211 M4s listed. Forgive the addition of one more in my earlier post.

My point: plenty of M4s for the taking if folks want them.
i think we all know why you *might* not want to give the whole truth. but...given your parameters of 'VERY LOW' mileage....there are significantly less than 211 that turn up. i think you can make your point without embellishing.

besides...we should be celebrating how many deals can be made on used RC-Fs. they are definitely bargains when compared to the M4s.
Old 03-24-16, 10:37 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

lets not forget the used IS-F's that have been popping up on CL in the last few months also...
Old 03-24-16, 02:39 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wonder what is happening with used values, just got an email from Lexus of Arlington in the Chicago suburbs, a leftover brand new 2015 RC F, MSRP $73,590 for $59,590
Old 03-24-16, 03:04 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
Wonder what is happening with used values, just got an email from Lexus of Arlington in the Chicago suburbs, a leftover brand new 2015 RC F, MSRP $73,590 for $59,590
9 in stock LOL
Old 03-24-16, 05:03 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The car is over a year old now, I have had mine a year. Not sure how the paint is after sitting outside for a year but mine was inside for 1 day but I paid 71k and got it the way I wanted it.

It should be over 10k off for being outside over a year.
Old 03-25-16, 09:16 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
The car is over a year old now, I have had mine a year. Not sure how the paint is after sitting outside for a year but mine was inside for 1 day but I paid 71k and got it the way I wanted it.

It should be over 10k off for being outside over a year.
I understand that it's a year old, but just saying that demand and supply is definitely not balanced out at this point.
Old 03-27-16, 06:15 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand that it's a year old, but just saying that demand and supply is definitely not balanced out at this point.
Most people have no idea what it is, I only knew because a friend at Toyota told me about it so I got one because I like the way it looks, I wanted an NSX but that was a flop.
Old 03-27-16, 06:22 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,298 Posts

^^^^Enthusiasts certainly know what it is. Most folks don't know what my ISF is either, and that's been out 8 years now.

But If I had a nickel for every time an M5, M3, M4, WRX, Corvette, Camaro, Mustang and even much lessor cars have pulled up beside me at a light or pulled up beside me on the freeway and wanted to race, I'd be a rich man.

An M5 did that to me the last time I was out (last Friday afternoon). Since I wasn't aware of what he was doing until after he got the jump on me - he took off, but before we hit traffic I was catching him. Happens frequently, and again those who know cars, certainly know what the F emblem means.

Lou
Old 04-07-16, 10:50 AM
DzNutz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javierrebe
Hello

I'm just curious

I noticed that there is a lot of RCF Pre-Owned for sale.

makes me think there is something wrong with it?
because can not be expired leasings from 2015? is only 1 year
and some with 2k, 5k, 8k or 12k miles only.

if some one have a theory or a reason for this other that the guy got home and his wife make him return it let me know.
I know right. My friend is looking for an used RCF or an used M4, and I was told 88 RCFs & 215 M4s on cars.com I think he is going for M4. More cars to choose from = more leverage for him.

Quick Reply: why there are so many lexus rc f pre owned for sale?