RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

DIY maintenance thread + where to buy discounted Lexus parts online

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-15, 10:59 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Default DIY maintenance thread + where to buy discounted Lexus parts online

I always maintain my vehicles, and the RC-F will be no exception. First 2 services are included, so I'll do what I always do with Lexus cars: get both combined, meaning the 1K-mile (or thereabouts) service with an oil change. Then continue maintenance myself, starting with another oil change at 3K miles on the clock with fully synthetic oil. And go 5K after that, like I do with all my vehicles. Changing the oil on this car looks like a piece of cake: no need to remove the belly pan (just the filter access panel), and the drain plug is pointing back, so lifting the front works perfectly to fully drain it.

Have a question for the gang: Does the car come with a magnetic drain plug? Most cars don't come with one, but this plug is stainless, and not painted like in most cars, leading me to believe it might be magnetic. Want to ask before ordering one in vain. By the way, I always order them from the best source IMO: goldplug.com. Problem is they don't list Lexus I'm sure there's a Toyota equivalent, but how the hell do I find out? Hopefully somebody already has a magnetic plug, even if not from GoldPlug (they're very well made in S/S, and with the best magnets). Please post details.

And finally, where do you folks buy discounted Lexus parts from? Need to order the oil filters and the wrench... unless it can be removed with a strap wrench. Should have tried to loosen it up when I had the belly pan off (tried to install fiberblass screening on the radiators, but aborted the effort, since it requires removing the bumper). Oh well. Thank you.

Last edited by JCtx; 09-24-15 at 11:10 AM.