RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC-F world trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 08:11 PM
aristott
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USA registered Lexus RC-F world trip

Hi members, I don't post much on here but have been on Club Lexus from day one. I've owned one of the very first turbo Lexus back in the 90's and was it fun to beat up on cars that didn't expect a fast Lexus.
The past few years I've shipped my Nissan GT-R to Europe to drive the most amazing roads in the world. What makes them so amazing? It's being able to drive some passes and visit historic cities one day and the next many more. Top Gear played a small role to inspire me, especially with the Stelvio pass in North Italy. This year I've decided to buy an RC-F over the M4 for comfort, engine sound, and luggage space for two people. Today was my fist day picking up the RC-F in Holland before touring many countries.
Current mods:
RSR lowering springs
ADV 1 20" wheels
Carbon fiber mirrors and illuminated kick plates
And more coming from Bulletproof Automotive & Varis

Dropping it off at the freight forwarder

Another pic before it leaves US soil

First day before its road trip

Another

Last edited by aristott; 07-09-15 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-08-15, 11:57 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Very nice..!!

Where is your RC F originally from ??

Doesn't seem to be a standard USA / Florida build...

Joe Z
Old 07-09-15, 05:57 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Those wheels are gorgeous!
Old 07-09-15, 08:51 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Awesome! Sounds like the ULTIMATE Road Trip!
Old 07-09-15, 04:15 PM
aristott
Rookie

The car is a U.S. Spec/registered that's fresh off the boat in January only to get to Europe last week.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Very nice..!!

Where is your RC F originally from ??

Doesn't seem to be a standard USA / Florida build...

Joe Z

Rotterdam Netherlands

Rotterdam Netherlands

Rotterdam Netherlands

German/Holland border
Old 07-09-15, 04:25 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Wow thats awesome journey you plan there...
Old 07-09-15, 04:57 PM
aristott
Rookie

Carbon mirror cover from Bulletproof Automotive

These stainless tips are from Lexus in Japan with factory part numbers. I like that are angled to the shape of the bumper. I won't bother installing many upgrades because they don't increase the power enough. For that I can drive my Mclaren or mod a GT-R if I want ultra performance. Lexus really should have given more power or lightened the car a bit.

Lighted door sills

Old 07-09-15, 05:07 PM
Mutorcs
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my god I hate you... This car looks awesome in white!!!
Have fun
Old 07-09-15, 05:08 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

That's an awesome adventure..!!

So you purposely added the JDM spec rear bumper & fender extenders..??

Bonus TVD + No Sunroof

Joe Z

Originally Posted by aristott
The car is a U.S. Spec/registered that's fresh off the boat in January only to get to Europe last week.

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-09-15 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-09-15, 05:55 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Looks Really Nice with all the added CF, surprised you Didn't order one with it on the roof & spoiler.
Enjoy your trip, though i Couldn't imagine leaving those other 2 Babies for that long!
Old 07-09-15, 06:56 PM
aristott
Rookie

Thanks... I did want the carbon package but didn't want to wait till April so I received this car in January and still have a factory carbon rear spoiler in the box. Since I have the Varis kit going on this weekend it didn't make sense to install the factory carbon spoiler.

Today I drove nearly 5 hours to south of Frankfurt Germany and really got to open it up on the no limit Autobahn. I find that when the car is on sport + it still hunts for gears if I floor it, it's not a good thing if we need the instant acceleration. The delay takes away the fun of having instant acceleration. I have plenty of experience on these roads and even grandma is on a mission to get to her destination quickly so if you are on the left lane and not in a hurry just move over.
So far this car does look great, it has grown on me more than ever, I hope Lexus can give many what they are asking for... this car with much more options:
1) leather dashboard (because it's too similar to the IS250/RC350)
2) Real alcantara headliner
3) nicer trims that does not look like the regular RC350 or IS250's, it's nearly $75k.
Just touches to at least be more competitive to the F Type Jaguar.
4) maybe wider front and rear fenders to look a bit different from the RC350 FSport
5) 550hp to match the AMG by turbo cars (we can't look like sitting ducks on the autobahn)

I hope Lexus does not take offense to this but it's just basic things a manufacturer should have to out class the rest.

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Looks Really Nice with all the added CF, surprised you Didn't order one with it on the roof & spoiler.
Enjoy your trip, though i Couldn't imagine leaving those other 2 Babies for that long!

Last edited by aristott; 07-09-15 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-09-15, 06:58 PM
aristott
Rookie

Anyone can help me change my signature? I've tried to change it for years with no luck.
Old 07-09-15, 07:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Anyone can help me change my signature? I've tried to change it for years with no luck.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...=editsignature
Old 07-09-15, 07:58 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Thanks... I did want the carbon package but didn't want to wait till April so I received this car in January and still have a factory carbon rear spoiler in the box. Since I have the Varis kit going on this weekend it didn't make sense to install the factory carbon spoiler.

Today I drove nearly 5 hours to south of Frankfurt Germany and really got to open it up on the no limit Autobahn. I find that when the car is on sport + it still hunts for gears if I floor it, it's not a good thing if we need the instant acceleration. The delay takes away the fun of having instant acceleration. I have plenty of experience on these roads and even grandma is on a mission to get to her destination quickly so if you are on the left lane and not in a hurry just move over.
So far this car does look great, it has grown on me more than ever, I hope Lexus can give many what they are asking for... this car with much more options:
1) leather dashboard (because it's too similar to the IS250/RC350)
2) Real alcantara headliner
3) nicer trims that does not look like the regular RC350 or IS250's, it's nearly $75k.
Just touches to at least be more competitive to the F Type Jaguar.
4) maybe wider front and rear fenders to look a bit different from the RC350 FSport
5) 550hp to match the AMG by turbo cars (we can't look like sitting ducks on the autobahn)

I hope Lexus does not take offense to this but it's just basic things a manufacturer should have to out class the rest.
Got to Say i AGREE with you 100% on Everything you Said (you really Do know your Cars Don't you, Lol)!
Old 07-10-15, 12:16 AM
e2c
Driver School Candidate

Rotterdam Netherlands

Rotterdam Netherlands

Rotterdam Netherlands

German/Holland border

Nice trip .. I live in Ramstein Germany area and will be picking up my RCF today from the dealer. I been waiting two months for mind to delivered , can't wait till I get mine on the road this weekend .. The dealer let me have a RC loaner for three weeks then the owner let me use his RCF as well .. Can't wait to take my RCF to Nürburgring..

Quick Reply: Lexus RC-F world trip