RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-17, 08:25 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
bronze wheels look good against the white!
thabks man. It's a good combo
your car is coming along real nice
Old 02-07-17, 09:17 AM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricardorc
Super high status driving me crazy lol.
Front lip , rear add ons , suspension pending.
Hopefully within few weeks I'll have it all done .
It looks great. I can't wait to see it once you drop it. Can I get the wheel specs and tire specs?
Old 02-07-17, 09:46 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pheen619
It looks great. I can't wait to see it once you drop it. Can I get the wheel specs and tire specs?

thanks bro.
i can't wait to drop it either
specs are 19x9.5 and 10.5 offset 35
tires 255-35-19 and 285-35-19 I believe there is room for bigger tires .
thank you
The following users liked this post:
pheen619 (02-14-17)
Old 02-09-17, 08:29 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Installed front tow hook and rear bumper clear lense LED lamps replacing the red reflectors....tapped into tail lights for power.
Attached Thumbnails What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-img_0028.jpg   What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-img_0022.jpg   What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?-img_0030.jpg  
Old 02-09-17, 09:33 PM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

mmmmm interesting.
Old 02-09-17, 10:34 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Installed front tow hook and rear bumper clear lense LED lamps replacing the red reflectors....tapped into tail lights for power.
Wow, I like those rear LED enhancements alot! Any details on where you found them to fit so perfectly? This would be a great DIY tutorial!
Old 02-10-17, 07:42 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by raerae1616
Wow, I like those rear LED enhancements alot! Any details on where you found them to fit so perfectly? This would be a great DIY tutorial!
I will post a tutorial here shortly. I purchased them off Ebay.....about $45'ish....They list them for an ISF Sienna etc....as they are all the same. I had them on my old ISF and loved them....
The following 2 users liked this post by Kramer:
IMCHIA (02-14-17), raerae1616 (02-14-17)
Old 02-14-17, 07:41 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I will post a tutorial here shortly. I purchased them off Ebay.....about $45'ish....They list them for an ISF Sienna etc....as they are all the same. I had them on my old ISF and loved them....
Looking forward to it... I'm considering doing this as well.
I think I prefer the look of the red over the clear lense though.
Old 02-14-17, 10:26 AM
raerae1616
Driver

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Looking forward to it... I'm considering doing this as well.
I think I prefer the look of the red over the clear lense though.
I'm looking forward to it also... though I love the clear lens look with instant on Red when turned on . . . it would look awesome on my Nebula Grey!
Old 02-15-17, 12:15 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Since this is an active thread - is anyone SEARCHING for an RC-F? I'm struggling to find a good deal but I think it's because I'm mainly looking in northern california.
Old 02-15-17, 08:35 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Originally Posted by Kerune
Since this is an active thread - is anyone SEARCHING for an RC-F? I'm struggling to find a good deal but I think it's because I'm mainly looking in northern california.
Not to encourage thread hi-jacking . . . but "Good deal" is a relative term . . . especially relative to your list of must have features. I was looking for fully loaded but didn't necessarily want teh TVD Performance Package because I would have loved a Sunroof. But, I really wanted the Levinson audio, and pre-collision system with radar cruise.... Stratus Grey seats were next as an awesome feature, but could live with black; I did NOT want Red. So that pretty much limited me to only cars that generally had the TVD & Performance package..... almost none available had Mark Levinson+Radar Cruise without the Performance package, and the very few that did had Red interior. So yeah your must have list can dramatically impact the options.

I did call on one option in norther California, but the dealer wouldn't negotiating anything, though he was very friendly and responsive. But their asking price wasn't competitive.... I ended up with certified model, less miles, and in my favorite color combo for a little less than they wanted but out of Southern Florida -- but WATCH those outrageous Dealer Documentation fees in Florida they are insane!

Good Luck with your search!
Old 02-15-17, 08:41 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by raerae1616
Not to encourage thread hi-jacking . . . but "Good deal" is a relative term . . . especially relative to your list of must have features. I was looking for fully loaded but didn't necessarily want teh TVD Performance Package because I would have loved a Sunroof. But, I really wanted the Levinson audio, and pre-collision system with radar cruise.... Stratus Grey seats were next as an awesome feature, but could live with black; I did NOT want Red. So that pretty much limited me to only cars that generally had the TVD & Performance package..... almost none available had Mark Levinson+Radar Cruise without the Performance package, and the very few that did had Red interior. So yeah your must have list can dramatically impact the options.

I did call on one option in norther California, but the dealer wouldn't negotiating anything, though he was very friendly and responsive. But their asking price wasn't competitive.... I ended up with certified model, less miles, and in my favorite color combo for a little less than they wanted but out of Southern Florida -- but WATCH those outrageous Dealer Documentation fees in Florida they are insane!

Good Luck with your search!
Hey thanks, hoping it doesn't detract from the thread too much but I am hoping to eventually post that I bought one as my first thing I did lol. You're right, everything is loaded and 2017s don't have dealer cash so I'm not in the market at 70k+. I have a few offers at 59/60k in Northern California but ALL are white. NGP did not want to negotiate so I'm mostly looking for ngp/usb used now. I'd likely avoid a trip that far, unfortunately I think it's so-cal/nevada or bust lol.
Old 02-16-17, 12:00 AM
raerae1616
Driver

Originally Posted by Kerune
Hey thanks, hoping it doesn't detract from the thread too much but I am hoping to eventually post that I bought one as my first thing I did lol. You're right, everything is loaded and 2017s don't have dealer cash so I'm not in the market at 70k+. I have a few offers at 59/60k in Northern California but ALL are white. NGP did not want to negotiate so I'm mostly looking for ngp/usb used now. I'd likely avoid a trip that far, unfortunately I think it's so-cal/nevada or bust lol.
Well for the right car and price I personally wasn't concerned with distance. I got mine shipped from Florida to Texas for ~$600, even cross country wouldn't be more than $1k. And the price difference for the right car could very well offset the cost . . . as it did for me. Are you looking for 2016 only, or willing to pick up a 2015 . . . I love my 2015 Nebula Grey Pearl and have alot of peace knowing it's L-certified.

Back when I was shopping I also found this one sitting on the lot in Florida (long shipping distance, I know . . . but thought I'd share just in case) . . . and it's still sitting there. They gave me an offer of about ~63k and that was back in early December. It's still sitting there . . . I ran the Carfax in December so that would mean it's been there for 19 months. But for some reason they just weren't all that interested in selling the car. The various sales people I called didn't follow up much at all and never gave me a second offer better than their first. So as I warned them I went with my second option which was an identical in every way certified car with 10k miles, and saved ~$10k on the out the door price.

http://www.lexusofkendall.com/Vehicl...-FL/2866778383

And since you said you'd go for a USB (ultra-sonic blue) this looks like a killer deal to me their sister dealership (dang my wife would have never approved of the USB color):
http://www.lexusofwestkendall.com/Ve...-FL/2893816293

I'm not affiliated with these guys at all, but I did find they had several RC-F's that I would have bought had the price been right....
Old 02-20-17, 03:41 PM
Spider21
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gloss black vinyl.

Got some gloss black vinyl done and fixed my brake caliper decals.
The brake decals are actually a reflective sticker which kind of glow with any light on them.

Front grille surround and bonnet vent.

Window trim and roof.

Rear spoiler

Covered up my previous F Sport decal mistake.

Reflective brake decals.
Old 02-21-17, 05:19 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by KSLAM
Installed BCracing coilovers in an RCF today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRuBV5ejd6c
looks good

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?