RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-15, 09:00 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
you can find some 08 ISF for 30k, just doesnt have all the goodies 2011+ has
Yeah paying $30k for an 8 year old car would never happen in my world.

The 2011+ low mileage cars are still $10k over what I'd pay for them so basically would never happen.
Old 06-11-15, 05:13 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
Yeah paying $30k for an 8 year old car would never happen in my world.

The 2011+ low mileage cars are still $10k over what I'd pay for them so basically would never happen.
So by your own logic you're numbers just don't add up. Not a chance these cars will suffer as big a depreciation hit as you're saying in your previous post. 20-30k depreciation in first year alone.....thanks for the laugh. I had to go look up values on used IS F's just to see for myself....not sure where you're buying your cars from but I'd love to know
Old 06-11-15, 06:39 AM
ghd8989
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Carnevino
So by your own logic you're numbers just don't add up. Not a chance these cars will suffer as big a depreciation hit as you're saying in your previous post. 20-30k depreciation in first year alone.....thanks for the laugh. I had to go look up values on used IS F's just to see for myself....not sure where you're buying your cars from but I'd love to know
This guy has ridiculous notions of car values. He is almost not worth addressing.
Old 06-11-15, 08:07 AM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RedlineRCF
Hi guys/gals

New to the forums and looking for your opinions and experiences. I nearly purchased a white RCF performance package yesterday at my local dealer, but decided to wait until the end of this year or early next. My feeling is that pricing will be lower due to the holiday season and better deals will be available. Will pricing be any better for the RCF in December during the December To Remember sale? The sales guy seems to not think so. He said prices would increase due to the car being "The higher end model" and they would more than likely be able to sell it for list price or over? Is this true or is this another car salesman tactic? I got them to their invoice (per what they said) $73k and change. Should i jump on this now or will I be ok to wait until the holidays?
Thanks again!
See this link for used RC-F's out there right now:
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...Source=UTILITY

It's just a quick search and I'm sure there are other listings as well...looks like plenty of low mileage cars being traded...curious...
Z
Old 06-11-15, 09:58 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
See this link for used RC-F's out there right now:
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...Source=UTILITY

It's just a quick search and I'm sure there are other listings as well...looks like plenty of low mileage cars being traded...curious...
Z
If I were to guess I'd say some of those buyers didn't understand how the car would ride. Being a Lexus they could have thought the ride would be more comfy....I'm just guessing here. I took an older friend out in it and she's like "damn this thing rides rough".....and that's why I loved my KW V3's so much....women approved. 27 cars for the entire country doesn't "seem" like too many from where I'm sitting...but maybe that's a lot? Here's another guess, maybe it's customers that experienced the "fuel pump" issue and aren't members of the forum. I'll admit, I listen out for it now after shutting my car off.
Old 06-11-15, 11:23 AM
ghd8989
Pit Crew

If I were to guess I'd say some of those buyers didn't understand how the car would ride. Being a Lexus they could have thought the ride would be more comfy....I'm just guessing here. I took an older friend out in it and she's like "damn this thing rides rough".....and that's why I loved my KW V3's so much....women approved. 27 cars for the entire country doesn't "seem" like too many from where I'm sitting...but maybe that's a lot? Here's another guess, maybe it's customers that experienced the "fuel pump" issue and aren't members of the forum. I'll admit, I listen out for it now after shutting my car off.
If this wasn't one big run big run on sentence I would be able to understand.
Old 06-11-15, 01:53 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

I'm not so sure there are only 27...someone told me there were multiple pages of listings for them; this is the only one I found. I must admit that I'm pretty disappointed in its ride; I've had 2 ES's and naturally they were more comfortable. I've had a Porsche Cayman which was slightly rougher, but then it was a Cayman. I'm not so sure this is a long term keeper for me; interior finish compared to just a $72K Audi S6 is pretty stunning in a negative way. The thrill of brutal acceleration is intoxicating, but long drives I believe will be exhausting in a "busy" sort of way. Paying MSRP will kill you if it comes to trade since you will not recoup the markup you paid in the trade #'s, so be prepared to bend over.

My suggestion for anyone wanting to buy one - be VERY sure this is THE car. I may have made a mistake but it isn't the end of the world for me..I just think in retrospect I should've stayed German.
Z

Last edited by zekeman; 06-11-15 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-11-15, 03:14 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I ordered what I wanted, I have never in my life said I am going to wait 1-3 years for a car just for 10-20k off. Now something like a 458 to get 100k off maybe but that would not be a DD either.
I think this is absurd. That used RCF in the other thread had an $11K price reduction after only 3K miles. This is a staggering amount of depreciation. I would take that $11K and invest it. The RCF is going to follow the path of the GT-R in the sense that there's no demand for it. This will cause massive depreciation losses. The value will be had in the pre-owned market. A used RC-F starts to make a compelling business case if you're in the market for such a car.
Old 06-11-15, 03:24 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can afford new, why not? You can blow through $11K on a 3 day, 4 night vacation at the Four Seasons Kona easy. Invest it? Even if the stock doubles, after taxes, you're left with maybe $6K net to you in an income tax friendly state.

When I buy new, especially highly tuned, specialized rides like the RCF, I have control over who's driven it, how it's been taken care of, etc. This is worth buying new to me especially when it's built by an OEM known for three things: 1) quality; 2) durability; and 3) reliability. It's going to last. It's low risk. And for darn sure I'm going to enjoy every mile.

I understand the whole a penny saved is a penny earned, but buying a 2 seater coupe is a luxury/toy buy period so let's not try to rationalize an intrinsically extravagant purchase.

Just my $.50
Old 06-11-15, 03:25 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheBatman
I think this is absurd. That used RCF in the other thread had an $11K price reduction after only 3K miles. This is a staggering amount of depreciation. I would take that $11K and invest it. The RCF is going to follow the path of the GT-R in the sense that there's no demand for it. This will cause massive depreciation losses. The value will be had in the pre-owned market. A used RC-F starts to make a compelling business case if you're in the market for such a car.
Completely agree. There are plenty of very low mileage pre-owned RC-F's out there for low to mid 60's which could be had rather than pay MSRP!
Z
Old 06-11-15, 03:30 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ROK
If you can afford new, why not? You can blow through $11K on a 3 day, 4 night vacation at the Four Seasons Kona easy. Invest it? Even if the stock doubles, after taxes, you're left with maybe $6K net to you in an income tax friendly state.

When I buy new, especially highly tuned, specialized rides like the RCF, I have control over who's driven it, how it's been taken care of, etc. This is worth buying new to me especially when it's built by an OEM known for three things: 1) quality; 2) durability; and 3) reliability. It's going to last. It's low risk. And for darn sure I'm going to enjoy every mile.

I understand the whole a penny saved is a penny earned, but buying a 2 seater coupe is a luxury/toy buy period so let's not try to rationalize an intrinsically extravagant purchase.

Just my $.50
Agree with #2 and 3 but compared to German two seat equivalents, Lexus loses on quality, fit and finish. Remember, it's a Toyota on steroids although a very polished one.
Z
Old 06-11-15, 04:21 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Its your reading comprehension that doesn't make the grade. 20k miles doesn't necessarily mean a single year of use. It often means 2-3 years of use.

Fine, I'll give up my sources. There's this mythical website called "Autotrader.com" where you too can get all the deals in the land.

2013 Lexus ISF 16,554 miles for less than $50,000 - Single owner certified preowned no accidents

There's plenty more, but I'll let you look yourself.

Too bad money can't buy intelligence......amirite?
Old 06-11-15, 04:24 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by ghd8989
This guy has ridiculous notions of car values. He is almost not worth addressing.
Yeah, things like "facts" and "figures" must really bother the hell out of you.
Old 06-11-15, 04:25 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Don't know what country you're in, but there are 209 for sale solely on Autotrader right this moment.
Old 06-11-15, 04:31 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by ROK

Just my $.50
Thats not technically true, maybe a short term capital gain, but long term (assuming it took longer than a year for you to double your money) is 15% or $9350......if you don't have write offs of course.

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)