Lexshark
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a video clip
Old 06-08-19, 10:57 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Got my Invidia midpipe installed but noticed a different sound from my Injen Short Ram.

When accelerating from the midrange, say maybe 40 mph, you usually hear the intake sucking in more air but it's a consistent intake flow. Now with the midpipe in it sounds like "suck, suck, suck" instead of "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

Any advice? I'm considering switching to the Takeda CAI instead.
Old 06-13-19, 05:26 AM
Kaidan117
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
Got my Invidia midpipe installed but noticed a different sound from my Injen Short Ram.

When accelerating from the midrange, say maybe 40 mph, you usually hear the intake sucking in more air but it's a consistent intake flow. Now with the midpipe in it sounds like "suck, suck, suck" instead of "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

Any advice? I'm considering switching to the Takeda CAI instead.

I have a takeda CAI and catback ARK quadtip exhaust and for my personal opinion is just right amount of growl. Not too loud and not too quiet. Pops on downshift. In cabin noise is just fine and it doesnt overpower the sounds when listening to music. Fsport mode is even better sounds out of it. Not sure if they make ARK for 300. Ill see if i can upload a video when i get the chance
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (06-13-19)
Old 02-09-20, 09:33 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Update...so I started with a PPE catless down pipe, then got an Invidia midpipe, then finally decided to get the Invidia Q300 axle backs and the cold start is ridiculously loud. There's a slight drone at low rpms, but tbh I am having an issue with my vacuum regulator and will be replacing it when the parts come in. The vacuum regulator seemed to be the cause of my previous issue of hearing the car suck air then stop then start again. Seems to be common on the IS200T as well.

Anyone else with an RC300 or RC200T with a similar exhaust set up? Does the Invidia exhaust break in after a while and change sound? I have an Evo 9 with 3 inch piping and it's not as loud as my RC. Cold start is so loud I feel bad for my neighbors lol.
Old 02-09-20, 09:46 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Here's some sound clips

Cold Start in my garage

https://i.imgur.com/0vm6Ji3.mp4

About 10 seconds later it mellows out, still pretty loud
https://i.imgur.com/IgufhdS.mp4
Old 11-19-23, 04:03 AM
2012mylex
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have the exhaust

Originally Posted by Jaywreck

Diffuser sold separately.
I got the F Sport Performance Exhaust installed (I have a 16 RC 300 Fsport). Awesome build quality, deep sound, but not as loud as others on the market. I was going for a more subtle approach, and the two larger diameter tips (instead of quad) stuck out to me. Paired with the Takeda stage 2 intake, it really comes alive at 3k rpm and up. I don’t use the ASC anymore because of it ��. Ocassionally, i do hear an afterfire “pop” when decelerating. If you’re going for a more subtle approach, I definitely recommend.
Do you still like your Takeda stage 2 intake setup? I'm thinking about getting the intake as well with your same exhaust setup that I have even with the defuser. Can you post a video with sound?