-Josh
Originally Posted by Sheddy
PPE
any sound clips with ppe only?
Old 05-20-18, 10:34 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Thinking about going with the Injen Short Ram Intake + PPE downpipes.

I don't think I want a full exhaust, but I want something that doesn't sound stock but without the loudness of a full exhaust. I have my Evo for that lol
Old 05-20-18, 08:44 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

^ good setup. Lots of power!

contact us for pricing, lets do it!

Sorry no sound clips of just downpipes.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-20-18, 09:34 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
^ good setup. Lots of power!

contact us for pricing, lets do it!

Sorry no sound clips of just downpipes.

-Josh
Shoot me a price for the injen intake + ppe downpipe? I'm assuming this also fits the RC300 turbo aka RC200T correct? Know a shop that can install the downpipe?

Any pricing for BMS Lexus Stage 1 tune?

I was going to buy the intake sooner but ended up getting a blackvue dash camera lol
Old 05-21-18, 07:08 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

PPE engineering de-catted down pipe with OEM exhaust system.
here you go
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
Lexshark (06-04-19), tnilc (05-29-18)
Old 05-23-18, 12:43 PM
RC3FiftySD
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
Did you try an aftermarket exhaust hanger?

I'm really looking for an exhaust that sounds like it could be stock, not really looking for the loud exhaust of a Honda, STi or Evo, if I want that, I'll drive my Evo. I just want something with a growl or rumble that gives it a low key street presence.
I just purchased a set of aftermarket exhaust hangers to see if it will resolve the issue. I'll provide an update on this thread once I've had a chance to install them this weekend.
Old 05-28-18, 10:24 PM
RC3FiftySD
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RC3FiftySD
I just purchased a set of aftermarket exhaust hangers to see if it will resolve the issue. I'll provide an update on this thread once I've had a chance to install them this weekend.
Good news and bad news, but more good. So, let me get the bad out of the way, one of the aftermarket exhaust hangers ripped while I was trying to install the exhaust. At that point I figured it was pointless to try and use the remaining hanger. Now on to the good...

After what I put the OE hangers through today, I can personally say they're dependable and well built. I put them through the same, if not more, abuse as the aftermarket hangers and they didn't rip under the pressure. I took my time taking off the hangers, without the help of lubricant, to see if it would help keep the hangers in place. I'm glad I did because this time around the driver's side hangers feel solid and are holding the exhaust in position. Took the car for a quick test drive and everything looks and sounds good at this point. I'll see if it passes tomorrows drive to work, but I feel confident it will. Also, I noticed the passenger's side doesn't have an issue of sagging because there is a nut welded to car's hanger that helps to keep the exhaust hanger in place.

That said, I'm enjoying the way the RC sounds!

Last edited by RC3FiftySD; 05-28-18 at 10:26 PM. Reason: grammatical correction
Old 05-29-18, 01:26 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I've been looking for an exhaust. I've been in the import scene for a while and have had my Evo IX for the last 12 years so I'm not really looking for a typical loud exhaust.

I'm looking for something low key that has a bit of a growl, not really looking for loud. Any recommendations? I have a 2018 RC300 F Sport.

You really need to consider doing straight pipes from your resonators onwards. Way cheaper than an exhaust and by the look of your post, exactly what your looking for. It my favorite mod by far and sounds like a deep growl only when I step on the gas. Other members on here who have experimented will probably tell you the same thing who have some experience with different setups. Youtube helps, but going to a car meet or hearing the exhausts in person will really give you an idea...atleast for what you don't want...good luck!
Old 06-13-18, 06:26 PM
Jaywreck
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Diffuser sold separately.
I got the F Sport Performance Exhaust installed (I have a 16 RC 300 Fsport). Awesome build quality, deep sound, but not as loud as others on the market. I was going for a more subtle approach, and the two larger diameter tips (instead of quad) stuck out to me. Paired with the Takeda stage 2 intake, it really comes alive at 3k rpm and up. I don’t use the ASC anymore because of it ��. Ocassionally, i do hear an afterfire “pop” when decelerating. If you’re going for a more subtle approach, I definitely recommend.
The following users liked this post:
2012mylex (11-19-23)
Old 06-16-18, 10:56 PM
tnilc
Instructor

here you go
Got my PPE downpipe installed, but it didn't come with an O2 adapter or spacer like I saw you post in another thread. So I'm throwing a CEL until I can get that resolved.

I think I'll purchase the one you previously linked in another thread. This goes on the second sensor right? Underneath the car or under the heat shield?
Old 06-18-18, 08:27 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Got my PPE downpipe installed, but it didn't come with an O2 adapter or spacer like I saw you post in another thread. So I'm throwing a CEL until I can get that resolved.
I think I'll purchase the one you previously linked in another thread. This goes on the second sensor right? Underneath the car or under the heat shield?
Yes the spacer goes on the 2nd O2 bung close to the transmission.
Old 06-25-18, 11:17 AM
tnilc
Instructor

PPE Down pipe installed! Had to pay an extra fee to come back and get my O2 adapter installed. I should have opened the damn box and checked first. Oh well that’s my fault.

I’m now considering a mid pipe. I’ll be searching YouTube for sound clips lol
Old 06-25-18, 02:43 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Yes the spacer goes on the 2nd O2 bung close to the transmission.
sadly my CEL came back. I ended up using the fittings Figs Engineering sent me. My shop used the smaller fitting. Should I have used one of the ones remaining instead?
Old 06-25-18, 06:29 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Update:

Emailed PPE, they recommended I go without the restrictor. I did and I cleared the CEL but it came back after a few miles. Their next recommendation was to check the error code, if it was a P0420, they advised to try the largest restrictor. I read the code on my OBDII reader and it was indeed throwing a P0420 code. As soon as the car cools, I'll try the largest restrictor. I hope this works, I don't really want to drive around with a CEL.

Figs also recommended trying the largest restrictor, really hope this works. If it does I'll let you guys know in case you run the same set up.
Old 06-25-18, 09:38 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Success!

CEL is gone

Quick Reply: Need recommendations for an Exhaust RC300