RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Swift springs and spacers installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-18, 07:49 AM
sperez1971
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larryv
The pictures do not do the car justice, the RC looks so much better especially from the rear with the lower and wider stance of the wheels.
I purchased the lowering springs and spacers last week and had them installed. This changed how the car looks 100%, it looks like a RC on steroids! The ride is a bit hard, but I hope once the springs settle they soften up a bit.
Old 05-27-18, 07:50 AM
sperez1971
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Thanks for the review sir!! Car looks great.. Imagine how it'd look with other mods like a nice body kit.

For anyone else interested.. Contact us for pricing!

-Josh
Josh thank you for the springs and spacers! The car looks great!
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (05-27-18)
Old 05-27-18, 07:52 AM
sperez1971
Driver School Candidate

The pictures do not do the car justice, the RC looks so much better especially from the rear with the lower and wider stance of the wheels.
Thank you for positing photos of your RC, I purchased the lowering springs and spacers based on how your RC looked. It is truly amazing how the look of the car changes!
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (05-27-18)
Old 05-27-18, 07:59 AM
sperez1971
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sperez1971

Josh thank you for the springs and spacers! The car looks great!
Old 05-27-18, 04:28 PM
larryv
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Came out Great! as for the ride, did the installer cut the bumpstops on the front struts? The ride with the Swifts Spec R springs is very good. Your next project is to change out the front brake pads with the Akebono ACT1818 ceramic brake pads, no brake dust what so ever.

Last edited by larryv; 05-28-18 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-29-18, 01:30 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Just purchased a 2018 RC 300 f sport for the Mrs. I figured i would go with Swift springs and 15mm and 20mm H&R spacers and keep the stock 19in wheels. This will be her daily driver so i went easy on the mods. The spring install took me about 3hrs as i took my time and doubled checked all bolts. As for the spacers in the rear they just bolt right on but the fronts you will have to remove the brake caliper and rotor to get to the lug bolts which need to be removed. Luckily Lexus leaves enough space so the longer lug bolts will fit from behind. The OEM lug bolts with a few taps of a hammer and they just popped right out. Since i had the front wheels off i installed Akebono Ceramic low dust brake pads which are very easy to install since the brake caliper does not have to be removed, they just slide in from the back of the caliper. I would like to thank Josh from Meraki Autoworks for the info and the super fast shipping. Here are a few pictures taken with my crappy cell phone.

Your car looks great and its all this model needs anyway because the design is just great to begin with. The springs and spacers were def a must...esp for the AWD version and still keep it looking so clean. BTW the factory wheels look great too!
Old 05-29-18, 06:08 PM
larryv
Rookie

Thanks suvi2K, couple of easy mods, made a BIG difference! She loves the way it came out.
Old 06-22-18, 03:51 PM
JzRc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

RSR Downs (fronts only so far) 15mm Ichiba front spacer and 20mm Ichiba rear spacer and of course I had to get rid of those dust maker pads the car came with. Got the Akebono pad and loving them so far. Thanks for the recommendations Larryv.
I wanted to keep the stock look with an aggressive stance.

Side note, I didn't need to switch out any studs what so ever, the spacers were a direct bolt on even the fronts, the stock rims have those notches carved out I assume to save weight, the stock lugs fit right in those pockets nicely. Wondering if I even need to drop the rear.
Old 06-22-18, 04:55 PM
larryv
Rookie

Very nice! a few mods make a big difference.
Old 06-22-18, 06:15 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

Received 156 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by JzRc

RSR Downs (fronts only so far) 15mm Ichiba front spacer and 20mm Ichiba rear spacer and of course I had to get rid of those dust maker pads the car came with. Got the Akebono pad and loving them so far. Thanks for the recommendations Larryv.
I wanted to keep the stock look with an aggressive stance.

Side note, I didn't need to switch out any studs what so ever, the spacers were a direct bolt on even the fronts, the stock rims have those notches carved out I assume to save weight, the stock lugs fit right in those pockets nicely. Wondering if I even need to drop the rear.

looks very nice! I would like to see some better pics of this setup if you get a chance. I don't plan to lower my wife's (its a lease) but I wouldn't mind doing to spacers on her stock wheels.
Old 06-22-18, 07:42 PM
JzRc
Driver School Candidate

Thank you kindly, if you're not planning on lowering the front then I wouldn't recommend putting a spacer on the front wheels because it may draw more attention to the massive wheel gap, but for sure throw a 15mm - 20mm on the rear wheels. Perhaps a 10mm for the front at most if you have enough clearance in between the lug gaps. My buddy and I installed the front coils and it wasn't that difficult to do. I'll work on getting some better shots soon.

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-28-18, 06:16 AM
jgn77
Driver School Candidate

How much did this run you? I am looking for this exact look. Did you get the springs, spacers, and lug nuts from the same place?
Old 06-28-18, 09:42 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by jgn77
How much did this run you? I am looking for this exact look. Did you get the springs, spacers, and lug nuts from the same place?
Yes he did.

Contact us for pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-28-18, 02:18 PM
jgn77
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Yes he did.

Contact us for pricing!

-Josh
I called and sent you a text message. Let me know.
Old 06-28-18, 05:07 PM
jgn77
Driver School Candidate

Larry, did you put the 15 in the front or the back? I saw on another post Josh recommend 15 on back and 20 on front. But I've seen others say 25 would be best on the rear.

Quick Reply: Swift springs and spacers installed