Search this Thread

Old 04-01-18, 08:10 AM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleMoney
Looks good.
- how is the ride quality?
- does installing only the front springs affect your warranty?
- is $313 the all-in cost?
-will it need an alignment?

thx.
Ride Quality Exactly same. So far feels great

One of the additional reasons for going OEM and getting it installed in Lexus dealership it's that Indeed warranty stays fully intact.

313 was just cost of lowering spring set of 4. Installation for only front ones was an additional 370. However I was given a loaner car to make it to work so I felt price was fair. Lost shops around town charge 200 to install them but I rather pay more and have warranty intact.

No alignment was needed. However since I installed with Lexus and warranty its intact. Lexus offers a free alignment and balancing within the first 12 months of ownership. So on the 5k check will request the free alignment.
Check out Lexus Warranty Link:
https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/resources/warranty
Old 04-02-18, 07:43 AM
UncleMoney
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nivle509
Ride Quality Exactly same. So far feels great

One of the additional reasons for going OEM and getting it installed in Lexus dealership it's that Indeed warranty stays fully intact.

313 was just cost of lowering spring set of 4. Installation for only front ones was an additional 370. However I was given a loaner car to make it to work so I felt price was fair. Lost shops around town charge 200 to install them but I rather pay more and have warranty intact.

No alignment was needed. However since I installed with Lexus and warranty its intact. Lexus offers a free alignment and balancing within the first 12 months of ownership. So on the 5k check will request the free alignment.
Check out Lexus Warranty Link:
https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...urces/warranty
Thanks for the info. Re the warranty, I figured all 4 springs wouldn't affect the warranty - I just wasn't sure if only installing 2 of the springs might have a different effect. Like maybe all 4 must be done at the same time or whatever.
And are the 2 springs leftover the same as the front ones? Or do they differentiate between front and rear? I feel like maybe they do...
Old 04-02-18, 08:35 AM
Nivle509
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleMoney
Thanks for the info. Re the warranty, I figured all 4 springs wouldn't affect the warranty - I just wasn't sure if only installing 2 of the springs might have a different effect. Like maybe all 4 must be done at the same time or whatever.
And are the 2 springs leftover the same as the front ones? Or do they differentiate between front and rear? I feel like maybe they do...
They are different in Size
The following users liked this post:
UncleMoney (04-02-18)
Old 07-13-18, 08:26 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

This is very useful information. Thanks for this. Any chance of a picture on the sunny side of the car so we can see the wheel gaps front to rear? It looks perfectly level, like the Tanabe +.5 inch.
Old 07-14-18, 08:20 PM
mvblum
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Man I'd like to do the same, I'd be concerned that the spring rates being stiffer in the front and not the rear would upset the balance of the car. Although I try to avoid driving in the snow, NJ winters are not so forgiving most years.
Old 07-15-18, 09:43 AM
Dftank2
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I may have a set for sale soon only been on the car for a month. Still sits a little to high for my taste. I'm gonna go with a rsr's. Here is them installed with 20X9 wheels on.
Old 07-15-18, 05:32 PM
mvblum
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^ Wow, your car looks amazing, those wheels are sexy AF!!!
Dftank2 (07-16-18)
Old 05-13-19, 05:34 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

I am so confused as I would love to go with lowering springs but I have read so many concerning posts saying that it will prematurely wear my tires or other components, to vibrations with AWD that I feel too nervous to risk it...I love the RC's look so much, especially the MMC, but I can't overlook that gap!
Old 05-13-19, 05:48 PM
dhpeck1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you get a proper alignment after install, that will take care of proper tire wear
wthrman2 (05-14-19)
Old 05-13-19, 05:57 PM
Dftank2
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Never had any vibration with any of my awd cars and they have all been on lowering springs.
wthrman2 (05-14-19)
Old 05-14-19, 04:51 AM
sideswipe
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I am so confused as I would love to go with lowering springs but I have read so many concerning posts saying that it will prematurely wear my tires or other components, to vibrations with AWD that I feel too nervous to risk it...I love the RC's look so much, especially the MMC, but I can't overlook that gap!
I have the OEM lowering springs, staggered 20s and had an alignment and have no rubbing or vibration issues on my AWD.
wthrman2 (05-14-19)
Old 05-16-19, 05:35 PM
AlpineGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

@UncleMoney What dealership in MD quoted you?. Was it Lexus of Towson??
Old 05-16-19, 06:32 PM
BraunRC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case anyone is interested, the F-sport springs are on eBay from Lexus of Scottsdale for $280.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-F...ce89%7Ciid%3A1
Old 05-17-19, 04:29 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Thanks for sharing, I am curious why these apparently are not available in Canada.....You would think that Lexus dealers would be allowed to carry/sell/install these.
Old 05-17-19, 04:57 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

...and for those of you who have lowered their car, it didn't affect your adaptive suspension in that your Sport and Sport+ still works right? I may have to go the RSR route after all….

Quick Reply: OEM Lowering Springs for RC 350 F sports AWD