RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Did Lexus change the radio knobs on the 16?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-16, 08:45 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Did Lexus change the radio ***** on the 16?

I've been seeing a few people's RC pics with some shiny looking radio ***** and remember I saw someone had got their hands on some JDM NX *****. But I'm seeing a few people with these. Did Lexus change the ***** for the 2016 models? If so can I get these and swap them out easily?
Old 07-14-16, 05:39 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
I've been seeing a few people's RC pics with some shiny looking radio ***** and remember I saw someone had got their hands on some JDM NX *****. But I'm seeing a few people with these. Did Lexus change the ***** for the 2016 models? If so can I get these and swap them out easily?
My understanding is that there are already 2 different kinds,
1-Brushed aluminum for Mark Levison.
2-Standard for regular sound system.

Take a look at the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Did Lexus change the radio knobs on the 16?-mark-levinson.jpg   Did Lexus change the radio knobs on the 16?-non-mark.jpg  
Old 07-14-16, 06:39 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Hmm... well that makes sense i suppose, for the 2 different types of radios, except I think you meant the other way around. Our RC has ML and it's silver such as the top pic that says ML on it, just below the radio. That's lame though, the brushed aluminum **** looks so much better.
Old 07-14-16, 07:03 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Hmm... well that makes sense i suppose, for the 2 different types of radios, except I think you meant the other way around. Our RC has ML and it's silver such as the top pic that says ML on it, just below the radio. That's lame though, the brushed aluminum **** looks so much better.
The ML which you refer to silver is the brushed aluminum with matte finish.
The regular is some what shinny chrome top finish.
Old 07-14-16, 08:39 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by NjDude
The ML which you refer to silver is the brushed aluminum with matte finish.
The regular is some what shinny chrome top finish.
Oh got it got it. I got confused. It looked the other way around. The ML hardly looks brushed. I like the shinny chrome top finish..more pop.
Old 07-14-16, 10:13 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Oh got it got it. I got confused. It looked the other way around. The ML hardly looks brushed. I like the shinny chrome top finish..more pop.
I do agree with you as I myself like the standard ***** better and they do go with the center console drive mode selection unit (see pic). Wonder if someone will be willing to switch?
Attached Thumbnails Did Lexus change the radio knobs on the 16?-center.jpg  
Old 07-14-16, 10:52 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

ewwww....never knew the ML **** is a different color or that ugly. At least its just a **** which can probably be replaced for little cost and you have ML sound quality vs stock.
Old 07-14-16, 11:27 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by NjDude
I do agree with you as I myself like the standard ***** better and they do go with the center console drive mode selection unit (see pic). Wonder if someone will be willing to switch?
Someone needs to try this. I saw on a post, someone here got some NX ***** from Japan and put it on his RC. I commented on it asking some questions but never got a reply. It definitely matches the mode selector way better. And yes to suvi's comment, eww is right....
Old 07-14-16, 01:21 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Someone needs to try this. I saw on a post, someone here got some NX ***** from Japan and put it on his RC. I commented on it asking some questions but never got a reply. It definitely matches the mode selector way better. And yes to suvi's comment, eww is right....
That was me, and you answered your own question in the same sentence after rereading my post. I installed Tom's NX ***** on my car.

I was not aware that the non-ML came with better looking *****! I should have bought those instead of the Tom's.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...rc-now-25.html

When looking at a wrecked RC-F on ebay, I noticed it had these ***** which are available on ebay for much less than the Tom's ****.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Black-s...VW8qTI&vxp=mtr

Last edited by rcJten; 07-14-16 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-14-16, 01:41 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Yup that's the post. Well good to know now. I'm assuming you did the swap yourself. How difficult was it? Did you have to pull the radio out or just the ***** pulled off to replace them?
Old 07-14-16, 02:21 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Yup that's the post. Well good to know now. I'm assuming you did the swap yourself. How difficult was it? Did you have to pull the radio out or just the ***** pulled off to replace them?
Yeah, they pull right off. The diameter of the Tom's is just slightly larger than the factory, so only a small sliver of light is now view-able around the ****. The smooth metal material feels premium in comparison to the factory ****.
Old 07-14-16, 02:38 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by rcJten
Yeah, they pull right off. The diameter of the Tom's is just slightly larger than the factory, so only a small sliver of light is now view-able around the ****. The smooth metal material feels premium in comparison to the factory ****.
Awesome thanks! Im going to source some of these asap!
Old 09-29-16, 06:12 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Anyone had any luck finding these no ML *****? I sure haven't. Found schematics online and 1 part number appears for both trims. Even went to the dealer and they got the same thing too...
Old 09-30-16, 11:05 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Just for more info, the ***** used on the ML system are reflective of what Mark Levinson uses on their home systems as well.

Old 09-30-16, 01:47 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

N
Originally Posted by JDR76
Just for more info, the ***** used on the ML system are reflective of what Mark Levinson uses on their home systems as well.

Hmmm makes sense why they're in the car. But they can have those hidious things... haha

Quick Reply: Did Lexus change the radio knobs on the 16?