lexual_rc (11-23-18)
Old 11-16-18, 10:45 PM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by suvi2k
UPDATE: More black and carbon fiber
As the LED reflectors I had before previously failed, I switched over to the fiber optic version and went with the smoked color. Additionally tinted the clear portion of my tail lights and wrapped the spoiler in carbon fiber. Really liking the way this came together..

Lights off:

Lights on:
Did away with the all-fit lip and put on an aero splitter kit I mixed and matched. Painted in flat black to go with the theme I wanted but painted part of the diffuser white. Really loving how it turned out!

Excuse the wheels not sitting flush as I had my wheel spacers removed due to state inspection when the photo was taken. :P

Bro I have the Exact same setup, almost a carbon copy! LOL....
BTW can you please tell me where you got those lights for reflectors in the rear..
The following users liked this post:
NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 11-23-18, 08:56 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Don't have the link anymore but it was sourced from ebay. I have a feeling I shared the link in the forums somewhere however. They were the 'Fiber Optic' model with smoked lenses.
Old 01-14-19, 07:45 AM
lexual_rc

Picked up my supercharged RC this past weekend and loving the performance gains already! Below are a few pics of the finished product on my car shot by the RR team during the installation. Roxy was a unique setup in that she was the first application with a stock header and exhaust(with my custom muffler delete).

Asked for the inter-cooler painted in black to keep things discrete.

There were choices for the intake color as well & I opted for black again.

Engine cover does not fit after the install, but I was told that it was not necessary.

Special thanks to the RR Racing Team for helping me achieve a small but important dream of mine since I was a kid....that is to finally own a car with forced induction! We had some hiccups along the way but the team at RR was professional and helpful to resolve my concerns. I look forward to working with them again to learn more about Motorsports performance and for potential future enhancements for Roxy!

Last edited by lexual_rc; 01-14-19 at 12:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lexual_rc:
and3re (04-03-20), RRRacing (01-14-19)
Old 02-20-19, 10:30 AM
lexual_rc

Some more mods for Roxy!

Carbon Fiber Wrap - The entire lip kit was wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

Black/White F-Sport Badge - The RC350, AWD and standard F-Sport badge was removed. The new black F-Sport badge was relocated.

Black/White F-Sport Side Emblems - These are bigger than the factory emblems but a better fit for this sports coupe IMO. Please excuse the dirty car.

Lexus Cup Inserts - Perfect fit and keeps the cup holder clean finally!

Lexus Neck Rests - In my top 3 favorite mods...perfect timing/combo with the supercharger :P
The following 2 users liked this post by lexual_rc:
and3re (04-03-20), NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 03-03-19, 07:30 AM
asrc350fs
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much was the supercharger install in total?
Old 03-09-19, 02:22 PM
lexual_rc

Just finished getting the RR Racing front and rear Big Brake Kit Stage II for Roxanne installed. The Wilwood calipers were originally black but I requested a red chrome powder coating modeled after another customers car I saw there and it turned out amazing. As a finishing touch, black RR Racing decals were added. You may choose from white or silver as well, but I wanted a more subtle look. Below are some pictures with additional details for those interested in the same upgrade.

The rotors were originally silver in color, but the RR Team painted each one black...reasoning explained further below.

After the installation was complete, Raffi took me out for a test drive to bed the new improved pads in and while doing so, all of the paint that the pad came into contact with the rotor surface with was removed. You can see due to the large surface area of the new front rotor, the inner most part kept the paint intact. This paint should help with rust prevention but it also looks better in my opinion. The RR team did mention, if that inner part of the rotor started to rust after a few years, that I may come back to have them refinished which was also great news to learn!

The pic below shows the finished product on the front passenger wheel of the car. The curved slotted style is all I believe is available currently but that would have been my choice in any case.

A shot of the rear drivers side after installation. (Peep my wifes pimped out Prius in the background :P )

Some other notes which may be helpful and things I learned from the RR team. The rear rotors have the same fitment as the true F models. It looks like the aftermarket brand used for this upgrade was either Centric or Stop-Tech. The front rotors are interchangeable with the mustang 5.0.
I also learned that the OEM F-Sport braking system I had which came with the car is actually interchangeable for all of the IS, RC and GS variants. I have listed these lightly used parts for sale on the CL market place for those non F-sport owners who want a huge braking upgrade at a low cost since I have no use for them anymore!
Link found here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/913572

Impression after driving about 50 miles: The main difference I felt from a performance perspective is the braking power. More importantly the pulsations I felt with the OEM set-up while braking hard are completely gone! After 50 miles, I have not noticed any excessive brake dust either but that could be contributed by the ceramic pro coating I had installed recently.

Hope this helps someone...cheers and happy driving!

Last edited by lexual_rc; 03-09-19 at 03:10 PM.
and3re (04-03-20)
Old 03-09-19, 03:11 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by asrc350fs
How much was the supercharger install in total?
I don't remember exactly anymore but I did get a holiday discount during the RR Racing christmas sales time. I am sure it was under 2K for everything installed but you should give them a call to clarify what their most current rates are!
and3re (04-03-20)
Old 03-12-19, 08:02 AM
twigz
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

There were choices for the intake color as well & I opted for black again.

Engine cover does not fit after the install, but I was told that it was not necessary.
It's too bad we don't get the pretty carbon fiber piping that the RCF/ISF supercharger kit comes with. I know it would make the kit cost more, but I think it would look a lot nicer then.

But seeing your numbers makes me excited for when I eventually go through with getting the kit for mine!
and3re (04-03-20)
Old 03-12-19, 10:31 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

looks good!! i actually saw it in person when i took my IS in to ironically get the big brake kit stage ii installed as well!
lexual_rc (03-12-19)
Old 03-12-19, 10:48 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by jmull3r
looks good!! i actually saw it in person when i took my IS in to ironically get the big brake kit stage ii installed as well!
Thank you, what color did you go with? Will you be attending the event RR is hosting next weekend? I'm hoping to meet other Lexus enthusiasts rather than just online.
Old 03-12-19, 11:24 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

i ended up getting F colored orange like my stock ones were! just waiting to put f sport logos on once i get the new summers mounted. i am going to their meet next weekend with the entire tristateclub! if you have an insta you can follow me @jmis350_ haha. excuse the car being dirty and stock wheels, winter mode lol
Old 03-12-19, 11:45 AM
lexual_rc

That color combo looks amazing and I'm sure its even better in person...I can see why you chose it! The 18" open spoke wheel design of the IS really make the calipers stand out as well vs the multispoke OEM RC wheels. I can't wait to get some new wheels for the summer as well to they aren't so hidden.
Look forward to meeting at the event and will look you up!
Old 03-12-19, 12:06 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by twigz
It's too bad we don't get the pretty carbon fiber piping that the RCF/ISF supercharger kit comes with. I know it would make the kit cost more, but I think it would look a lot nicer then.

But seeing your numbers makes me excited for when I eventually go through with getting the kit for mine!

More carbon fiber is always good to me as well but oh well. I would like to experiment with hydro-dipping those plastic covers up front in the future for fun as well. You will certainly enjoy the extra power, thats for sure!
Old 03-12-19, 12:17 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

That color combo looks amazing and I'm sure its even better in person...I can see why you chose it! The 18" open spoke wheel design of the IS really make the calipers stand out as well vs the multispoke OEM RC wheels. I can't wait to get some new wheels for the summer as well to they aren't so hidden.
Look forward to meeting at the event and will look you up!
thank you! the 18s are going bye bye and i’m going for new forged 19” f sport wheels for the winter because the calipers barely clear the 18s plus i don’t like how light they are with the orange blue and blackout package

Quick Reply: My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3