RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-17, 01:37 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Finally got around to wrapping the front grill to match my window trims in carbon fiber...did the mirrors as well. I also, rather than buying an over priced front emblem went ahead and tinted it instead. I actually couldn't find a front emblem that was compatible with my collision system in any case. I really like how it turned out and feel its another opportunity for others who like the dark look. In person the 'L' logo is just visible and looks great!

Old 04-27-17, 03:13 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Finally got around to wrapping the front grill to match my window trims in carbon fiber...did the mirrors as well. I also, rather than buying an over priced front emblem went ahead and tinted it instead. I actually couldn't find a front emblem that was compatible with my collision system in any case. I really like how it turned out and feel its another opportunity for others who like the dark look. In person the 'L' logo is just visible and looks great!

Ya after looking at your build, You made me register to clublexus just to give you props!!

All the way from Toronto Canada.

Picking up mine in white on saturday. Absolutely loving the red rims too. The calipers are amazing how they almost glow in the dark.. or was that a lighting trick?

i'm curious if I just used plasti dip on only the front lexus emblem, if it would still turn out looking nice. I haven't seen anyone here do it.
The following 2 users liked this post by and3re:
lexual_rc (04-27-17), NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 04-27-17, 08:23 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by and3re
Ya after looking at your build, You made me register to clublexus just to give you props!!

All the way from Toronto Canada.

Picking up mine in white on saturday. Absolutely loving the red rims too. The calipers are amazing how they almost glow in the dark.. or was that a lighting trick?

i'm curious if I just used plasti dip on only the front lexus emblem, if it would still turn out looking nice. I haven't seen anyone here do it.

Appreciate the props! The plasti dip I used for the wheels, I only do in the winter to protect the rims from salt/chemicals on the road. I've done them black as well once too....maybe white this year end. I think the stock wheels look a lot better honestly and of course my rims as well but it was more or less for fun/functionality.

The type of vinyl used for the calipers is 3M high reflective/high temp made specifically for calipers so its not a lighting trick. In the day time, they look like your every day Brembos in bright red, while at night (only when light is shining on them) you see the 'glow in the dark' reflective look. It is definitely one of my favorite cost effective mods. People tell me all the time, it looks stock and the car should have come like this. I still haven't done my rears lol...will get to it some time later.

I'm not sure how I feel about plasti on the front emblem...might be hard to do too since it sits in the groove. I used tint because I wanted the 'L' to be barely visible. I was surprised and very happy when I saw how that turned out....got lucky with the % tint which was chosen. It actually looks better in person. But to your point, I do plan to plasti dip all the rear emblems minus the F-sport since it seems more feasible and will complete the look I am going for. I will post pics of that once I get around to it! Thanks again!
Old 04-29-17, 05:50 AM
and3re
Driver

Hello Club Lexus,

I wanted to introduce myself and share some of the mods I've done using the community here. I own a 2015 RC F-Sport in white with red/carbon fiber trim interior. I find its hard to do anything to the car as its pretty awesome just the way it is. Please let me know what everyone thinks of the progress so far.

Current Mods:
  • 3M Color Stable 20% tint plus front windshield strip
  • White LED bulbs for the vanity mirrors, door courtesy lights, trunk, reverse and foot wells.
  • Lowered on tanabe springs
  • Muffler delete - custom axle back with staggered burnt tips - (Favorite mod)
  • All Fit - mid lip kit
  • LED rear bumper reflectors
  • 3M high gloss black roof vinyl wrap
  • Carbon fiber window trim, grill, rear spoiler wrap
  • Yellow vinyl overlays for fog lighting
  • 20' Vossen wheels on Michelin's staggered
  • Custom Lexus courtesy lighting
  • High reflective 3M caliper wrap/ w custom Logos
  • Red metallic paddle shifter extenders
  • Covercraft rose pink sunshade
  • Chemical guys full detail and seal
  • Bamboo charcoal odor remover and worn out JDM Air Freshner
Coming soon:
Door sill wrap (carbon fiber), Beat Sonic Radio Bypass

Front Grill trim wrapped and mirrors in Carbon Fiber

Vossens at Night

First day after rims installed

Carbon fiber wrap on all trim

Led rear bumper reflectors turned on

All-fit Mid Lip Kit clearly visible

Fog Light yellow overlays

Caliper Wrap

Covercraft sunshade

Winter/Stock Setup

Hey Suv

This is what you need next.. Slim Wallet sized key fob! Unless you already have it. I'm eyeing it myself.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-card-key.html
The following 2 users liked this post by and3re:
lexual_rc (05-03-17), NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 05-03-17, 09:20 AM
lexual_rc

Andre thanks for the suggestion. I saw this a long time ago and was debating it because I felt that I would always need to carry my keys with me (office, cabinet, bike, etc..) which are attached to my car key fob as well and I hate how big it is to carry the entire set with me where ever I go. I figure, I always carry my wallet with me and I could place the slim card fob in there. Basically when I don't need my other keys, I could leave them in my car and still be able to lock the car since I had the slim card. Sad part is now when I checked the sewell site, it looks like they shut down. Checking on ebay for alternatives as I'm ready to pull the trigger now and get this...any suggestions?
The following users liked this post:
and3re (05-03-17)
Old 05-03-17, 09:29 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Andre thanks for the suggestion. I saw this a long time ago and was debating it because I felt that I would always need to carry my keys with me (office, cabinet, bike, etc..) which are attached to my car key fob as well and I hate how big it is to carry the entire set with me where ever I go. I figure, I always carry my wallet with me and I could place the slim card fob in there. Basically when I don't need my other keys, I could leave them in my car and still be able to lock the car since I had the slim card. Sad part is now when I checked the sewell site, it looks like they shut down. Checking on ebay for alternatives as I'm ready to pull the trigger now and get this...any suggestions?
Make sure that you check that the card key will work with our cars. My service team had a few people look into it and both said it wouldn't work on RCs. If anyone else finds different, I'd love to see the results.
Old 05-03-17, 09:43 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

The card key works absolutely fine with the RC. The part number you need is 89904-53511. Just make sure you are buying a new unused key and programming can be done with a techstream cable or by yourself or a dealership (it really is that easy). If you buy a used key that has already been programmed you just upped the difficulty by 11 (not 10) but again it still can be done too however a dealer won't touch it.
The following 2 users liked this post by sarcoptic:
lexual_rc (05-03-17), SpeedRcr (05-03-17)
Old 05-03-17, 10:53 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
Make sure that you check that the card key will work with our cars. My service team had a few people look into it and both said it wouldn't work on RCs. If anyone else finds different, I'd love to see the results.

Looks like I can do this myself once I get the parts. This was a useful link again: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ard-key-8.html

Its a shame we cant use part # - 89904-24020
SpeedRcr (05-03-17)
Old 05-03-17, 12:03 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
The card key works absolutely fine with the RC. The part number you need is 89904-53511. Just make sure you are buying a new unused key and programming can be done with a techstream cable or by yourself or a dealership (it really is that easy). If you buy a used key that has already been programmed you just upped the difficulty by 11 (not 10) but again it still can be done too however a dealer won't touch it.
Thanks for the clarification. I think I might just order one of these online. Have you seen anyone use this part with the RC? Thank you!

Looks like I can do this myself once I get the parts. This was a useful link again: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ard-key-8.html

Its a shame we cant use part # - 89904-24020
Thanks for the link. Out of curiosity, why a shame you can't use 89904-24020?
Old 05-03-17, 12:06 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
Thanks for the clarification. I think I might just order one of these online. Have you seen anyone use this part with the RC? Thank you!

Thanks for the link. Out of curiosity, why a shame you can't use 89904-24020?
Its for the RC-F not F-Sport models, at least that's what Lexus tells me. It includes an F logo on the smart key
Old 05-03-17, 06:50 PM
and3re
Driver

Its for the RC-F not F-Sport models, at least that's what Lexus tells me. It includes an F logo on the smart key

You can DEFINITELY program one of these keys yourself BTW

there is a tool you buy and erase the old card *if its used* and input your fresh new information.

But like previous users have said, its a certain type of RC3X0 key that it needs to be. to buy the tool to set up the key yourself is like... i believe 40$ and then you can program every next key you get including another regular fob key.

I can find the link if you guys are really interested
Cohice (09-26-20)
Old 06-03-17, 10:33 AM
lexual_rc

UPDATE: More black and carbon fiber
As the LED reflectors I had before previously failed, I switched over to the fiber optic version and went with the smoked color. Additionally tinted the clear portion of my tail lights and wrapped the spoiler in carbon fiber. Really liking the way this came together..

Lights off:

Lights on:
Old 06-03-17, 03:40 PM
and3re
Driver

UPDATE: More black and carbon fiber
As the LED reflectors I had before previously failed, I switched over to the fiber optic version and went with the smoked color. Additionally tinted the clear portion of my tail lights and wrapped the spoiler in carbon fiber. Really liking the way this came together..

Lights off:

Lights on:

What do reverse lights look like when on?
Old 06-03-17, 04:50 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by and3re
What do reverse lights look like when on?
I swapped my reverse bulbs to hyper white some time back. Both those and the amber turn signals shine in all their glory through the tint in both day and night. I was worried about getting pulled over until I noticed that they worked just like before the tint...pretty sweet deal!
Old 01-19-18, 10:54 AM
lexual_rc

Default Minor Update from EOY 2017

Finally went ahead and grabbed the slim key fob, carbon fiber steering wheel overlay and carbon fiber shift **** overlay. My new favorite mod may have shifted from the custom exhaust to the slim key...it is just so convenient and I never lose track of my keys. The quality of the trim overlay pieces for the interior are superb, and to me, a much more economical way to enhance the cars aesthetics for the theme I was aiming for. See a few pictures below:

Slim Key Fob - Programmed by lexus for $50.
Shift **** Carbon Fiber Overlay
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Overlay
The following 2 users liked this post by lexual_rc:
and3re (01-23-18), NewLexGuy (04-14-20)

Quick Reply: My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3