RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Price Paid for RC 350

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-17, 02:53 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh0pp3r
last time you said " Thats what Camry's and Accords go for" lol.

but ill post again what I feel comfortable sharing.

Thats all i remember and thats all the money that exchanged hands. car had 40 miles on odo, i remember because i didn't want to get charged for 40 miles i didn't drive if i came that close to going over. ill look for the actual sticker that was on the car tonight should still be in there.

the car itself was a transfer though, when i went to install my plates, the original dealer paper dealer plate was behind the one that was showing form the dealer i got the car from.

i did have initial suspicion that the car may have been abused or damaged in a way i couldn't see. so i took it to carman and 2 other body shops for a check up and they all told me why am i wasting their time looking at a new car. car has had 0 issue's and i did the oil change at 5k since thats what I'm used to doing with all my cars prior running Full synthetic.

my initial questions still stand though. if anyone can help me or guid me through it.
its a lease for god sakes. By the time you figure out your question, the lease is long returned
Old 06-23-17, 03:07 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
its a lease for god sakes. By the time you figure out your question, the lease is long returned

I'm just trying to figure out what my options are from what others are currently experiencing on their lease returns/ renewals...
Old 06-23-17, 03:22 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I'm just trying to figure out what my options are from what others are currently experiencing on their lease returns/ renewals...
you can't renew a lease, only buy on the agreed residual value. So "if" you got a great deal, you will be paying way above market for the buyout
Old 06-23-17, 03:23 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

you can't renew a lease, only buy on the agreed residual value. So "if" you got a great deal, you will be paying way above market for the buyout
I'm probably using the wrong terminology here. what i mean by renew lease, i mean drop off keys to current car, get into another lease with a new car.
Old 06-23-17, 03:42 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I'm probably using the wrong terminology here. what i mean by renew lease, i mean drop off keys to current car, get into another lease with a new car.
are you sticking to the same car?
Old 06-23-17, 03:46 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

are you sticking to the same car?
that would be the plan. only reason i don't want this one is simply the color. all amenities are great, but the color (white) isn't what i want. and i figure if I'm gonna decide to buy something i leased, it might as well be the color combo i want, which would be UB/ black interior. but from what I've been reading in this thread just getting UB exterior color is nearly impossible.
Old 06-23-17, 09:00 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Most RC leasees are not turning in their cars yet. It's too soon to have a big turnover. It's also not smart to create a new lease based on an old one. A lot changes in two or three years. With any car lease or purchase, what matters is what you negotiate off the sticker (or above/below invoice), what incentives there are, and what the APR or money factor is. If you do really good with all those, then the monthly payment drops. This way also prevents dealers from hiding profit in a place you'll never know about.

I'd also estimate many or most will not renew to another RC. It doesn't sound like the public warmed over to the model from what I read, but I could be wrong.
The following users liked this post:
Wh0pp3r (06-23-17)
Old 06-23-17, 11:12 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I'd also estimate many or most will not renew to another RC. It doesn't sound like the public warmed over to the model from what I read, but I could be wrong.
if this is the case, then It looks like I may just turn my keys in and wait a year or so to buy a used UB with black interior.

thank you
Old 06-23-17, 11:25 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

if this is the case, then It looks like I may just turn my keys in and wait a year or so to buy a used UB with black interior.

thank you
Maybe extend the lease for six months and then see what may be out by then. If it's just color that has you on the edge, keep in mind you'll be over the new color soon into having it. Then you'll look back and miss that cheap lease you have now. I'd stick with what you have as long as possible and enjoy it. Giving up hundreds or thousands of dollars just for a color on the same type of car doesn't seem concrete.
Wh0pp3r (06-24-17)
Old 06-24-17, 09:58 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Maybe extend the lease for six months and then see what may be out by then. If it's just color that has you on the edge, keep in mind you'll be over the new color soon into having it. Then you'll look back and miss that cheap lease you have now. I'd stick with what you have as long as possible and enjoy it. Giving up hundreds or thousands of dollars just for a color on the same type of car doesn't seem concrete.

woah woah, this is actually the first time I've heard that i could possibly extend it a bit?! I'm going to look into this now.
Fizzboy7 (06-24-17)
Old 06-30-17, 02:52 PM
Dwight047
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

woah woah, this is actually the first time I've heard that i could possibly extend it a bit?! I'm going to look into this now.
At least in California, assuming your credit hasn't changed, Lexus will let you chip away at that residual and extend your lease up to another year with the same payment.
Wh0pp3r (06-30-17)
Old 06-30-17, 02:59 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dwight047
At least in California, assuming your credit hasn't changed, Lexus will let you chip away at that residual and extend your lease up to another year with the same payment.
Called and confirmed actually thank you. but I'm already looking into trading it in to another dealer or carmax to possibly buy if the appraisal is worth it. if its not, I'm turning the keys in and running.
Old 07-03-17, 07:38 PM
EricTsang
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I went in for a test drive and a quote today... (Houston, TX)

Black RC350 F sport with Nav+ML and some other bits for $53.8K. They took 3k off MSRP but the lease for 36months/10K was still $745 including tax...

With MSD (They claimed 6) the MF was like 0.00078.

That's really high

Will I have to give up ML for a decent payment? There's so little inventory. I don't mind going out of state either haha
Old 07-03-17, 08:51 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EricTsang
So I went in for a test drive and a quote today... (Houston, TX)

Black RC350 F sport with Nav+ML and some other bits for $53.8K. They took 3k off MSRP but the lease for 36months/10K was still $745 including tax...

With MSD (They claimed 6) the MF was like 0.00078.

That's really high

Will I have to give up ML for a decent payment? There's so little inventory. I don't mind going out of state either haha

come to CA. there are plenty here. they just don't sell that well here
EricTsang (07-03-17)
Old 07-10-17, 01:35 AM
usdmJON
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
come to CA. there are plenty here. they just don't sell that well here
I hope you are right!

I am looking to trade my 2013 Acura ILX for a 2015 RC350.

Most ideal model would be AWD with GPS and Rear View Camera. Unsure if the latter two are optional or not.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for RC 350