Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

tips and tricks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-17, 10:19 AM
MikeNori64
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips and tricks?

Whats going on everyone im new to CL and hoping to gain alot of knowledge from you all, i drive a 2011 Lexus IS250 RWD (Obsidian) I've had the car since late Feb. and sad enough to say im ready to void my warranty and do some small things to make the car more enjoyable, im about to take it in to remove the mufflers and resonators, wanted to know what headers would be good for the exhaust work im doing/ also i was looking into getting a F-Sport intake, wanted to know if its different then me just going to get a K&N drop-in filter? thanks in advance. Looking forward to talking to you al.
Old 07-29-17, 10:45 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

PPE headers, Try to hit up rrracing. They may do a package for you. Intakes will not do much of anything for the car. Also , people are going to bust your ***** because these things have been discussed 1,000 times. Some suspensions mods will help as well. Mostly rear sway( sikky, megan, fsport, hotchkis, etc) springs or coils, LCA bushings, and more. Go to the figs website and the rrracing website to check out available products. Good luck and welcome:-)
Old 08-01-17, 06:09 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,367 Likes on 625 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeNori64
Whats going on everyone im new to CL and hoping to gain alot of knowledge from you all, i drive a 2011 Lexus IS250 RWD (Obsidian) I've had the car since late Feb. and sad enough to say im ready to void my warranty and do some small things to make the car more enjoyable, im about to take it in to remove the mufflers and resonators, wanted to know what headers would be good for the exhaust work im doing/ also i was looking into getting a F-Sport intake, wanted to know if its different then me just going to get a K&N drop-in filter? thanks in advance. Looking forward to talking to you al.
The is250 would probably get a lot more tuner support where it not for the is350. The IS350 with tune and basic bolt ons like header and exhaust is right around 300whp. To spend money on an is250 to get to that level of performance does not make economic sense, when you can just trade it for a comparable is350. Price differential between the 2 is small, since many folks who buy these cars just want a reliable daily driver with a Lexus badge.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 08-01-17, 02:07 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

PPE headers will be the only thing that increases performance. The muffler and resonator delete will make it sound louder but I doubt it will add any power. The F Sport intake will add about 5 hp and I don't think changing out the filter will do anything.