Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Injen Intake Installation Problem

Old 06-15-17, 07:06 PM
hambrabi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injen Intake Installation Problem

Hi guys, I just bought a used IS350 and I am loving it, I thought I would get an Injen Intake to spice it up since I have heard pretty good things about that company but I am having trouble installing it. I mean I did install it but not correctly to say shortly.

Basically everything fits fine except when I remove the stock air filter box and the two screws, after I put the Injen intake in and try to put on the filter, it wont fit as below where the stock air filter/box used to be, just right below the HID lights theres a tiny little box (the one that has has 2 plastic cover protected wires under it [I dont know what it does, maybe its a circuit for the HIDs or something]) blocks the Injen air filter from attaching to the intake. I was able to install it by tilting the intake at an angle, but because its at an angle the intake wont secure via the anti vibration screw (Its still secured, but it will move if you actually try to move the intake). Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.
Old 06-15-17, 07:26 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 765 Likes on 668 Posts

How much play is there at the silicone sleeves? Maybe push the intake tube closer to the throttle body. Like wise do the same on the filter side. I think it's like an 1.00" to 1.50". Also you don't want to over do it. Make sure the pipe is flush with the air filter sleeve inside.
Old 06-15-17, 07:39 PM
hambrabi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tlts82
How much play is there at the silicone sleeves? Maybe push the intake tube closer to the throttle body. Like wise do the same on the filter side. I think it's like an 1.00" to 1.50". Also you don't want to over do it. Make sure the pipe is flush with the air filter sleeve inside.
None, Ive already pushed the filter into the Intake, and the intake into the silicone sleeve to the max. Yes it does fit in the vibra screw, but if I do that the little black box facing where the filter is supposed to be blocks it. The black box is the size of a matchbox and has a bolt/screw on the car chassis (I was thinking maybe I just went to home depot to get a metal bracket and some nuts/screw to screw the metal prongs on the intake into the vibra screw as a last resort.)
Old 06-16-17, 03:03 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Unscrew that little black box and move it. I used self tappers, others have used zip ties. I have a Takeda but had the same issue. Also make sure your vacuum hose is on securely. If you generate a VSC light , this will most likely be the cause.
Old 06-27-17, 12:24 PM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to loosen up the black collars at the end. It gives you a lot more lee way. I installed the Injen and it's not too hard to install.