Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Cylinder 3 misfire under acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-17, 05:31 PM
Coreyd87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder 3 misfire under acceleration.

OK so I know there's a ton of threads about misfires but this one has me stumped to the point I'm ready to cry. So I have a 2000 GS 300 with 150,000+ miles on it. I've replaced the timing belt with a gates Kevlar racing belt I've replaced the plugs with the manufacturer spec $12.00 iridium plugs, I've replaced all 3 coils with new ones, i put new 10mm race plug wires on it, replaced the injectors with new ones, and recently replaced all 24 valve springs with Brian Crower high rpm rated springs. The valve springs are made to factory specific specs. Now, I have replaced all this stuff one piece at a time to see if this misfire would go away and it hasn't and you can definitely feel it when it happens. It will idle just fine but as soon as you get into the throttle it falls on its face and starts missing but not a constant miss. It kinda misses for a few seconds then it's fine then misses again then it's fine. Compression is good and cylinder leak down passed no problem and cylinder 3 misfire is the only code it ever throws. Is it possible my PCM isn't pulsing the number 3 injector enough when it calls for high rpm? IV been an auto technician for over 8 years now and this being my car has me banging my head against the wall. Im not one of those guys that just tries parts till something is fixed I've tried all these parts through process of elimination and because I also wanted to upgrade or replace the original parts. Let me also reiterate that I have had this misfire since before the upgrades and replacement parts. And nothing that I have done so far has changed the misfire. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Coreyd87; 05-09-17 at 05:09 AM.