Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Thinking Of Getting Tanabe and Invidia

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-17, 03:24 PM
Bkhectic
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tanabe is what you want. I have it and i love it. I don't like the loud annoying sound as well. Wouldn't change it for any other exhaust.
Old 09-28-17, 11:38 AM
08treefidd
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just went from a catless invidia midpipe to the medallion catback system. Some insight from me, I wanted a car that made noise, but not super attention grabbing. Louder isn't better, so I wanted clean noise without drone and other annoyances associated with aftermarket exhaust.

Strictly Invidia midpipe was good for the most part, it sounded clean except when the car had variable engine loads and wouldn't downshift. Example; 5-10 mph roll, I would stab the throttle 30-60% application, it didn't downshift, so it just revved out, this situation caused an extremely awkward, almost fart pipe sounding note until it cleaned up at ~4500 rpm and higher. This happened a hand full of times and I was never comfortable with it afterwards so I learned to drive around it whenever I wanted to get after it a little bit. There was no drone for me, just a bit too understated in general.

With Invidia catless midpipe and Tanabe catback now. It does not have the loud bark on cold start/loud idle for 10-15 seconds I had with the stock catback. I do not experience anything I would consider "drone", I drove 5.0 Mustang's with 40 series Flowmasters that made your skull pulsate and felt like it was going to explode. This exhaust has a faintly audible tone under all normal driving conditions for me. On the freeway it's plenty docile for road trips/conversation. Driving wise, the car just feels so much more fluid. It does NOT have any issues/load range issues at partial throttle any longer, it is much more fluid and smooth from idle to WOT driving. The sound is clean and deep. I was skeptical running a catback in addition to secondary cat deletes as I'm pretty critical of exhaust systems, but I have been VERY pleased with all aspects of this kit. The fitment was excellent, tips sit perfectly centered in bumper cutouts, installed it in like 30 minutes after fighting the rubber hangers for a minute on the OEM stuff.

My .02, paid $580 for it off Amazon and don't regret it.