ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-251/)
-   -   Drone!! Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust w/ no resonator (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance/832330-drone-tanabe-medalion-touring-exhaust-w-no-resonator.html)

janterry15 08-25-16 04:34 AM

Drone!! Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust w/ no resonator

Hi

first started off with a resonator delete for my stock exhaust.
Then I bought the Tanabe axle back and got it installed.

There is so much cabin drone! is it just loud because its new? does it get better after breaking in??

If not,
How can i fix it. Should I put my stock resonators back on? (i heard that makes my exhaust sound really soft and stock sound)
or should i get a after market resonator (vibrant resonator? or which one do you guys recommend?)
or buy a aftermarket mid pipe? or
what else can I do??

Im trying to do this as cheap as possible but still having a deep tone. Just need to get rid of that cabin drone. Its giving me a headache!

Please help

Thanks

Sexis350 08-25-16 06:34 AM

I gave up on exhausts because im assuming all of them have drone to some degree (even f sport). You cant have a growl on outside without hearing anything inside. Thats why i just put an afe intake in and called it a day. You get growl from 3kup to WOT and luxury silence under that. Gona weld on some exhaust tips so exhaust looks nicer too.

LexSense 08-25-16 05:17 PM

I have PPE headers and JoeZ axleback.
Actually have the full JoeZ exhaust, but it was droning like crazy with headers, so that had to come off.

With headers, stock midpipe, and JoeZ axleback the sound was significantly less deafening.
Now the JoeZ midpipe is just sitting there for now.

I'm convinced the sound deadening on our car is pretty deplorable, as the exhaust is hardly loud hearing it from outside the vehicle.

Anyone try Dynamat in the trunk or similar sound deadening products to reduce drone?

Fsportme 08-26-16 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by janterry15 (Post 9596653)
Hi

There is so much cabin drone! is it just loud because its new? does it get better after breaking in??

If not,
How can i fix it. Should I put my stock resonators back on? (i heard that makes my exhaust sound really soft and stock sound)
or should i get a after market resonator (vibrant resonator? or which one do you guys recommend?)
what else can I do??

Im trying to do this as cheap as possible but still having a deep tone. Just need to get rid of that cabin drone. Its giving me a headache!

Please help

Thanks

Pretty simple... put the resonator back on is the cheapest route!

anthonys2r 08-26-16 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by LexSense (Post 9597493)
I have PPE headers and JoeZ axleback.
Actually have the full JoeZ exhaust, but it was droning like crazy with headers, so that had to come off.

With headers, stock midpipe, and JoeZ axleback the sound was significantly less deafening.
Now the JoeZ midpipe is just sitting there for now.

I'm convinced the sound deadening on our car is pretty deplorable, as the exhaust is hardly loud hearing it from outside the vehicle.

Anyone try Dynamat in the trunk or similar sound deadening products to reduce drone?

I have the Ark exhaust and Dynamat in my trunk, about 75% covered. It does not blanket the drone, probably about 10%. You're going to need it all under the seats and floor carpet lining for any true sound deadening.

UngBuck 08-28-16 01:13 PM

i think once you changed the resonator. you will definitely get drones no matter what. especially with headers.

janterry15 08-28-16 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fsportme (Post 9597791)
Pretty simple... put the resonator back on is the cheapest route!

haha yea I put the resonator back on.
the exhaust is very soft and only loud when it heats up, which is perfect for me.

teban 12-07-18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by janterry15 (Post 9596653)
Hi

If not,
what else can I do??

Please help

Thanks

Old post but but because you did resonator delete that it is your cause for it being loud like that. I was very interested in the Tanabe Medallion Touring for my is200t but don't want the drone.

Flash5 12-09-18 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by teban (Post 10378301)
Old post but but because you did resonator delete that it is your cause for it being loud like that. I was very interested in the Tanabe Medallion Touring for my is200t but don't want the drone.

I have the Tanabe exhaust on and it drones only during the break in period then there’s no drone after, just give it like 100-300 miles. :thumbup:

teban 01-02-19 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Flash5 (Post 10379679)

I have the Tanabe exhaust on and it drones only during the break in period then there’s no drone after, just give it like 100-300 miles. :thumbup:

Thank you. I also want to change my diffuser to 17 to complete look.