Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo whine, considering single conversion. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-16, 09:14 PM
amaz87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo whine, considering single conversion. HELP!

I tried searching and see mixed answers. My turbo is whining. I have plans to convert to single turbo someday. Of course I want to go all out, order a manifold, bigger injectors, standalone or piggyback ecu. But my budget is.... next to nothing right now I cant really afford it but I have to do something. The turbo whine has me needing to focus on fixing. It's my daily driver.
I was just going to buy a used replacement turbo. Im seeing them used for $100 each. My engine was just installed within a year ago. Im worried about old used jdm turbos going out again. So I am considering a xs-power turbo manifold and a cheap ebay turbo at the very least. Ideally Id go after better quality one, but I just need to keep my car on the road.
Some have said they run the single turbo setup just fine with stock ecu and injectors. others talk about igniters. I just need the bare minimum single turbo conversion. Can I have some input on anyone's thoughts or opinions?
How about input on rebuilding the jdm turbo with an ebay rebuild kit? I found NOTHING on that. Thanks for the help.