Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-17, 05:05 PM
john55657
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
They had to wait on software dongles, should be shipped today
Sweet! I haven't heard back, but I hope all is well! Hopefully I get the dongle in the next 2 weeks! Will keep you guys posted!
Old 09-06-17, 05:59 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I understand thats a safety issue non the less. I just question whether the transmission shifts faster, holds gear longer or if its as responsive when you manually shift. I find i get better 0-60 times when i shift into 2nd at 5.5k, just before torque falls, and in sport mode the transmission doesn't delay or hesitate when i hit my shifter. Can't say the same for normal mode
I saw that OV offers 7000RPM limit. I wonder if an increase to lets say 6500RPM would allow us to hit the 60MPH mark in 2nd? According to my dyno results the horsepower actually rises or peaks in the higher RPM range.

The following users liked this post:
TTITony (09-07-17)
Old 09-06-17, 09:50 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I saw that OV offers 7000RPM limit. I wonder if an increase to lets say 6500RPM would allow us to hit the 60MPH mark in 2nd? According to my dyno results the horsepower actually rises or peaks in the higher RPM range.
Yeah for my old mustang, on n/a vehicles you'll have a steady line of torque thought the entire rpm range which is not the same with forced induction. physics tell me torque is the most important aspect when if comes down to 0-60, learned that awhile back. Ill definitely have the rev limiter raised for highway use so i can stay in the lower 2-3-4th gears longer
The following 2 users liked this post by IS200TFOWL:
Sheddy (09-07-17), Zahabriel (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 09:13 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

I try to increase boost up to 21 psi for full exhaust NX200T dyno graph , something little unstable if over 21psi the boost unstable and knocking with high intake temperature after intercooler.

So between durable and powerful balance our team setup 21psi for stage 2 with full exhaust.

The following 3 users liked this post by TTITony:
IS200TFOWL (09-07-17), Sheddy (09-07-17), Zahabriel (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 01:59 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

OV tuning is the most interesting for the moment have anyone tried thier stage 2 yet or going to ? Pls keep us post on the OV tuning result the peak boost is just awsome but need to eye on the engine durabilty as well need some VDO just like TTi keep posting.

In my opinion

TTi tuning style is more conservative and pay more attention to the engine durability and how the power deliver.

OV tunung style is just extreme straight to the peak performance of the engine(8ar-fts) and OV is also offer you the Transmission tuning and unlock the rev limit in thier package as well....

Well..I'm not going to judge which tuner is better but to me engine the durability is important now we are still currently studying whats the real maximum power that the 8ar-fts can go but i truely believe that Lexus and toyota have a good name for the engine durability as I've heard that thier spent 9 years to develop this engine and rolled out this engine pretty late comparing to thier rivals because of thier over test!! Lets get back to the point now OV tuner is a new challenger for TTi
and i believe that one of these tuners will be able to unleash the maximum power of the 8ar-fts and yes keep in mind about the durability and tuning finess they are quite important.

waiting to see OV tuning result on dyno keep us posted thx.

Ummm I'm dreaming about TTi and OV empowered to each other or together to get the best tuning method unleashing the true maximum power of the 9 years developed lexus engine.( the best tuning mixture)

Sounds like captain American team VS Iron Man team (both teams are hero) haha .... i much prefer them to empowered"Together is stronger" make it 60mph within 5.5 secs or less without blow up the engine hahaha.

ummm sorry for my poor english as im not a native speaker hahaha

Last edited by Zahabriel; 09-07-17 at 02:36 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Zahabriel:
Pacific13 (09-08-17), Sheddy (09-07-17), TTITony (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 02:39 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Sounds like they're saving it for stage 3, turbo internals and intercooler.. I'm sure tti will eventually be on top, just a matter of buyers spending the cash on a full setup. lining em up ⚾️
The following 2 users liked this post by IS200TFOWL:
TTITony (09-08-17), Zahabriel (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 02:41 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

@Tony- That's awesome. We are currently at 19 PSI with the current Stage 2 tune, so that extra 2 PSI would definitely increase some power! Can't wait to test it.

@Zhabriel- Your English is great man! I totally agree with everything you said and I appreciate the extra insight about the 8AR motor. TTI is all about making power while keeping the motors durability which gives them the upper hand. TTI has also done testing on multiple cars and we have several members on here that are satisfied with their setup. OV is trying to extract the maximum power out of these motors which would make them more desirable to some, but they only did an alpha tune testing on 1 car which is now running TTI, . I haven't seen any other cars being tested with their Stage 1 and 2, so I am skeptical about their power claims.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
TTITony (09-08-17), Zahabriel (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 02:42 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Sounds like they're saving it for stage 3, turbo internals and intercooler.. I'm sure tti will eventually be on top, just a matter of buyers spending the cash on a full setup. lining em up ⚾️
Did OV ever mentioned what tune you'll be getting? Stage 0,1 or 2?
Zahabriel (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 02:51 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Did OV ever mentioned what tune you'll be getting? Stage 0,1 or 2?

i believe it's all included in one package. in order to run stage 1 or 2 you just need the required full exhaust w/ downpipe
Zahabriel (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 03:00 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Should be interesting seeing they are predicting 270+whp 325+wtq with only a full exhaust. What if you add an intake, chargepipe, e85 etc,. Hopefully I can get the tune this week, the pkg is like 4 hours away in Cali lol
Zahabriel (09-07-17)
Old 09-07-17, 08:38 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

To IS200TFOWL : did your purchase the OV tuning packaging +transmission tuning ? And whats the tuning stage u will go for 1 or 2 ? I will be highly appreciated if you can show us stage 2 result on dyno

To Sheddy thank you for your reply I,m actually having a super big MOD project here for my 200t and definately will need a tuner to maximize the performance on both transmission and engine.

here is what im doing and gonna do.

1.FTP charge pipe : already installed but seems to me i need to be wrap with some heat protection layers i bought some heat protection tapes and then will be finishing by the carbon wrap im doing this because FTP charge pipe is keep absorbing heat from the engine and only for a while it will become heated and super hot and just by my common sense it will make the air which flow through this charge pipe heated and hot and that will drive the engine get the heated knock faster.

2.AFE cold air intake : i will do the same as i've mentioned above for thier tube for the same reason and the cold room box will be finished with a carbon fiber wrap as well. (Arma has the real carbon fider intake and tube for is200t unfortunately it will not prrefectly fit my rc200t Just because RC has the gs front platform but the AFe will fit perfectly as I ve watched thier VDO.

3.Downpipe : will be installed with expanding size from from the stock 2.7 inches to 3.0 inches along with high flow catalytic( It will be crafted locally here in Thailand by the best muffler shop.

4.Full Titanium Exhaust system : the pipe size is gonne be 2.5-2.7 inches from the out let of the downpipe and from the mid pipe outlet size will be be 2.2-2.3 inches and the concept is the "F" quad design for the tail end the exhaust tip is about 4 inches for each one.

5.Rc-F cooling system : Yes !! i bought the cooling system too both tranmission and engine an its the Rc-F cooling system and they will ne installed as well need some MOD of coz.

6.Assy braces : all will, be changed to the "F" yeah every single piece of them.

7.Rc-F seats : will be installed as well got them from the UK haha ha from ebay thx to my brother there.

8.Rc-F brake sysytem and bearings : the full sysytem will be replaced by the "F"

9.Rc200t to Rc-f tranformation : yes i will do.I ve been collected rc-F second hand parts from yahoo auction jp
Such as hood,side fender,side moulding raer,front bumper and some i purchased from jp-carparts.com some small thing like screws,clips,assy,braces, grille some many small parts I've been studied about 7 weeks on the rc and rcf diagrams and see what I must have for making this tranformtion perfect.

10. Rc-f active spoiler :Ive got the full set of it including truck,motor system,wires,computer ctroller it will be installed by a lexus profressional he's the best guy who really can mod any lexus systems.
(by the way it will be appreciated if anyone can get me the lexus Rc-f wiring diagram for,this MoD)

11.Carbon body kits: yeah I have Tom,s carbon front lip,lexon sideskirt ,Varis didduser system1,varis muffler guard,varis long tail spolier.

12.The whole car will be repainted(the same color) wirh some extra coating PPG ceramic or something it has to be mixed with the color and paint.

13.Carbon interior and Steering will be placed.

14.the Hood Vent : actually the F vent of its hood isnt really fuctional there is a cover under to sealmthe vent from air nd water so im going to craft the "hood umbrella" from the top it will ne a kind of cover from the top to cover the vent but there will be an air tunnel to let the heat flow out while driving its diffisult to explain here but ya it will block water to come to the vent and wind too lolz it cna only let the heat flow,our while driving.

Now I predicted some guys here will have question why im doing this.
1.I had a car accidient and ten car was 30-40 dagamed from the rear mainily airbags were not deploy.
2.What caused me the accident was the set of Rc-F that i bought "used" from jp i was too careless on the tire conditionas I saw it produced in2015 and after just 3-4 months the rear right tire was blow up while im driving bht luckily imwas dricing just 60km/hr.
3.Insurance will take care for the car rpeari g including parts replacement ,etc so i just told them howmmuch it will cost u to repair just give me that amountof money and i will take care of the rest haha actually is more complicated to do so but if im telling it will take me around 2-3 hrs to wrtie on this reply.
4.if i expect speed why i didnt get the real "F" at the time i decided to purchase why 200t this is explainable and very pianful the car import duty to Thailand is 350 % so i bought thus rc200t in Thai baht 5,490,000 baht or roughly at that time 159,275 USD its an insane unreasonable price its the price of 2.5 rc-F our gourment just want to protect the local auto makers here (local really? Mainly Toyota,nissan, oppzz should talk about the politics here sorry for that guys)

as u guys can see i have prepared everything for the maximum tuning now just sit and keep eye on this forum which tuner will really drive out its 8ar-fts performace under my big upgrade OV and TTi im planing to get it all done in next FEB this the MOD is already started they're doing carefuly and care of every single piece it will be ankther of thier amster pepiece MOD but i will need to move the car to a few shops such as brake system,muffler shop,wiring guy and will be finishing with a tune.

im looking for an upgarde tomreplace the stock radiator can anyone find it for me? ive found only for the nx200t koyo brand or something and not sure it will fit the RC as it has different engine bay platform.

thx for spending time for reading and trying to understand my english and i really welcome and willing to listen to any comments or suggestions to improve my car performance.

thx for the topic sheddy withnout u i would really blank out of many ideas i silently keep reading your topic for a while already and thx to our friends who is sharing experiance they all very useful and helpful and this topic is extracting and crytalizing many ideas about the 8ar-fts and i believe that if we keep moving foward to we shall acheive our goal and we er here(yes all of us) we have the same goal and the same passion thats call "power"

again thx for reading and trying to understand as im too lazy to double my spelling and gramma hahaha.

Need some assits:
1.an upgrade for rc200t radiator
2.lexus rcf wiring diagram espcially for the active spoiler
3.any comments or suggestions will be welcome with my open arms haha

Last edited by Zahabriel; 09-08-17 at 03:17 AM.
Sheddy (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 08:54 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 09-08-17, 09:19 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

TTI Motorsport lab rat #1......Lexus IS200T Speed limiter and defeat limiter.

Last edited by TTITony; 09-08-17 at 09:38 AM. Reason: fix link
Old 09-08-17, 09:33 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Tony, you loaded twice the video with defeat speed limiter. In the video (found in YouTube) with the speed limiter in action we can see that maximum speed is 245Kmh
Old 09-08-17, 09:51 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
To IS200TFOWL : did your purchase the OV tuning packaging +transmission tuning ? And whats the tuning stage u will go for 1 or 2 ? I will be highly appreciated if you can show us stage 2 result on dyno

To Sheddy thank you for your reply I,m actually having a super big MOD project here for my 200t and definately will need a tuner to maximize the performance on both transmission and engine.

here is what im doing and gonna do.

1.FTP charge pipe : already installed but seems to me i need to be wrap with some heat protection layers i bought some heat protection tapes and then will be finishing by the carbon wrap im doing this because FTP charge pipe is keep absorbing heat from the engine and only for a while it will become heated and super hot and just by my common sense it will make the air which flow through this charge pipe heated and hot and that will drive the engine get the heated knock faster.

2.AFE cold air intake : i will do the same as i've mentioned above for thier tube for the same reason and the cold room box will be finished with a carbon fiber wrap as well. (Arma has the real carbon fider intake and tube for is200t unfortunately it will not prrefectly fit my rc200t Just because RC has the gs front platform but the AFe will fit perfectly as I ve watched thier VDO.

3.Downpipe : will be installed with expanding size from from the stock 2.7 inches to 3.0 inches along with high flow catalytic( It will be crafted locally here in Thailand by the best muffler shop.

4.Full Titanium Exhaust system : the pipe size is gonne be 2.5-2.7 inches from the out let of the downpipe and from the mid pipe outlet size will be be 2.2-2.3 inches and the concept is the "F" quad design for the tail end the exhaust tip is about 4 inches for each one.

5.Rc-F cooling system : Yes !! i bought the cooling system too both tranmission and engine an its the Rc-F cooling system and they will ne installed as well need some MOD of coz.

6.Assy braces : all will, be changed to the "F" yeah every single piece of them.

7.Rc-F seats : will be installed as well got them from the UK haha ha from ebay thx to my brother there.

8.Rc-F brake sysytem and bearings : the full sysytem will be replaced by the "F"

9.Rc200t to Rc-f tranformation : yes i will do.I ve been collected rc-F second hand parts from yahoo auction jp
Such as hood,side fender,side moulding raer,front bumper and some i purchased from jp-carparts.com some small thing like screws,clips,assy,braces, grille some many small parts I've been studied about 7 weeks on the rc and rcf diagrams and see what I must have for making this tranformtion perfect.

10. Rc-f active spoiler :Ive got the full set of it including truck,motor system,wires,computer ctroller it will be installed by a lexus profressional he's the best guy who really can mod any lexus systems.
(by the way it will be appreciated if anyone can get me the lexus Rc-f wiring diagram for,this MoD)

11.Carbon body kits: yeah I have Tom,s carbon front lip,lexon sideskirt ,Varis didduser system1,varis muffler guard,varis long tail spolier.

12.The whole car will be repainted(the same color) wirh some extra coating PPG ceramic or something it has to be mixed with the color and paint.

13.Carbon interior and Steering will be placed.

14.the Hood Vent : actually the F vent of its hood isnt really fuctional there is a cover under to sealmthe vent from air nd water so im going to craft the "hood umbrella" from the top it will ne a kind of cover from the top to cover the vent but there will be an air tunnel to let the heat flow out while driving its diffisult to explain here but ya it will block water to come to the vent and wind too lolz it cna only let the heat flow,our while driving.

Now I predicted some guys here will have question why im doing this.
1.I had a car accidient and ten car was 30-40 dagamed from the rear mainily airbags were not deploy.
2.What caused me the accident was the set of Rc-F that i bought "used" from jp i was too careless on the tire conditionas I saw it produced in2015 and after just 3-4 months the rear right tire was blow up while im driving bht luckily imwas dricing just 60km/hr.
3.Insurance will take care for the car rpeari g including parts replacement ,etc so i just told them howmmuch it will cost u to repair just give me that amountof money and i will take care of the rest haha actually is more complicated to do so but if im telling it will take me around 2-3 hrs to wrtie on this reply.
4.if i expect speed why i didnt get the real "F" at the time i decided to purchase why 200t this is explainable and very pianful the car import duty to Thailand is 350 % so i bought thus rc200t in Thai baht 5,490,000 baht or roughly at that time 159,275 USD its an insane unreasonable price its the price of 2.5 rc-F our gourment just want to protect the local auto makers here (local really? Mainly Toyota,nissan, oppzz should talk about the politics here sorry for that guys)

as u guys can see i have prepared everything for the maximum tuning now just sit and keep eye on this forum which tuner will really drive out its 8ar-fts performace under my big upgrade OV and TTi im planing to get it all done in next FEB this the MOD is already started they're doing carefuly and care of every single piece it will be ankther of thier amster pepiece MOD but i will need to move the car to a few shops such as brake system,muffler shop,wiring guy and will be finishing with a tune.

im looking for an upgarde tomreplace the stock radiator can anyone find it for me? ive found only for the nx200t koyo brand or something and not sure it will fit the RC as it has different engine bay platform.

thx for spending time for reading and trying to understand my english and i really welcome and willing to listen to any comments or suggestions to improve my car performance.

thx for the topic sheddy withnout u i would really blank out of many ideas i silently keep reading your topic for a while already and thx to our friends who is sharing experiance they all very useful and helpful and this topic is extracting and crytalizing many ideas about the 8ar-fts and i believe that if we keep moving foward to we shall acheive our goal and we er here(yes all of us) we have the same goal and the same passion thats call "power"

again thx for reading and trying to understand as im too lazy to double my spelling and gramma hahaha.

Need some assits:
1.an upgrade for rc200t radiator
2.lexus rcf wiring diagram espcially for the active spoiler
3.any comments or suggestions will be welcome with my open arms haha

Our team make ECU settings based not only for output, so engine temperature management is our team's first task, 8ARFTS Intercooler cooling efficiency optimization will be a challenge.
Zahabriel (09-08-17)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune