Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

3IS F-Sport Exhaust Droning?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 10:46 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 3IS F-Sport Exhaust Droning?

Hi all,
Just wanted to ask around to see if there is anyone experiencing droning for the F-Sport Exhaust.
For mine it's mostly at around 2000 - 3000 RPM, which is pretty much every time you start from a stop, and on highways when you drive at about 80 mph

Any idea how to get rid of the droning?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-15, 12:05 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

yeah...take the exhaust off and go back to stock. it may seems that it's a smart @$$ remark, but it's true. with the f sport being an axel back system, there's nothing much you can do.

Last edited by cp2; 08-11-15 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-11-15, 01:05 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow the F-Sport exhaust drones too? Didn't know that
Old 08-11-15, 05:11 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has to be said. Let it break in a thousand miles. Disclaimer: my ark exhaust broke in and is still noisey i cant tell if it even changed.

Maybe you will change and get use to it what they mean ahah.
Others complained that f sport exhaust was too quiet after a while thoguh
Old 08-11-15, 05:57 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sexis350
It has to be said. Let it break in a thousand miles. Disclaimer: my ark exhaust broke in and is still noisey i cant tell if it even changed.

Maybe you will change and get use to it what they mean ahah.
Others complained that f sport exhaust was too quiet after a while thoguh
Mine was broken in months ago lol. It's had more than 3k miles in already.
The droning is not much, but I just wanted to see if there are ways to minimize it.

And yea I agree. F-Sport exhaust is on the quiet side, but it's perfect for my taste.
Thanks for the feedback though!
Old 08-11-15, 06:14 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

For highway. To get rid of drone go into stealth mode (sport) itll kick rpm up to 3100 rpm. The sound you hear at 2-3k driving locally is the exhaust! Lol! Its not drone. Thats in cabin sound of your wonderful exhaust. Is the f sport really that loud? I would think the only thing quiter is stock?
Old 08-12-15, 07:56 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

I've had my F-Sport exhaust on for about 8 months now and I love it. Nice note when you get on the gas, but very reasonable almost non existent when you cruise. I do know what you are talking about at 80 mph and I see how it could be annoying for some people since the exhaust is loudest at that general RPM.
Old 08-12-15, 08:20 AM
lino1011
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my F sport exhaust for 8k miles now and i love it. For me, it isn't loud enough to get attention from public. It doesnt have any drone, i think its just the cabin sound because i have f sport intake too. i am thinking of getting a mid pipe from invidia but it may make my car have drone.
Old 08-12-15, 10:12 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HanaleiISF
I've had my F-Sport exhaust on for about 8 months now and I love it. Nice note when you get on the gas, but very reasonable almost non existent when you cruise. I do know what you are talking about at 80 mph and I see how it could be annoying for some people since the exhaust is loudest at that general RPM.
Yeah.. and it's a lot more noticeable when you have passengers, especially when you go uphill or accelerate more. I may just put it back to stock... still debating
Old 08-15-15, 05:09 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for posting that info, I was considering this exhaust seeing as it's on the quieter side, but I never considered the possibility of drone in certain RPM ranges.
Old 08-17-15, 10:16 AM
Driverseat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSense
Thanks for posting that info, I was considering this exhaust seeing as it's on the quieter side, but I never considered the possibility of drone in certain RPM ranges.
The drone on this exhaust is very subtle. I'm a realtor and clients spend time riding in my car and Its quite enough for them not to notice. I would say it reminds me of a stock infinity exhaust noise level maybe a bit quieter. I love it ,especially between 2-3500rpm before the engine noise takes over.
Old 08-17-15, 01:48 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexSense
It is quite nice if you're driving alone, or just have 1 front passenger. It seems like the rear passengers are more affected when you're carrying 4 (including yourself) in the car.

Originally Posted by Driverseat
The drone on this exhaust is very subtle. I'm a realtor and clients spend time riding in my car and Its quite enough for them not to notice. I would say it reminds me of a stock infinity exhaust noise level maybe a bit quieter. I love it ,especially between 2-3500rpm before the engine noise takes over.
Glad you're loving your F-Sport exhaust, I do too
It's just that the constant noise when I'm carrying 3 other passengers is a bit disturbing, especially under business conversations.
Old 08-19-15, 07:26 AM
Sphinx007
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
It is quite nice if you're driving alone, or just have 1 front passenger. It seems like the rear passengers are more affected when you're carrying 4 (including yourself) in the car.

Glad you're loving your F-Sport exhaust, I do too
It's just that the constant noise when I'm carrying 3 other passengers is a bit disturbing, especially under business conversations.
why would you be modifying your exhaust if you have regular business conversations in the car? A business car should be kept stock for business use imo....lol
Old 08-19-15, 10:05 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sphinx007
why would you be modifying your exhaust if you have regular business conversations in the car? A business car should be kept stock for business use imo....lol
I don't take customers out on a regular basis, but I do from time to time.
Old 08-25-15, 11:34 AM
SummerRain
Driver

Thanks for the observation. If it's that obvious, I will just stay stock.

Quick Reply: 3IS F-Sport Exhaust Droning?