Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Where to buy Ark Grip Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 06:58 AM
rgonza1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy Ark Grip Exhaust?

So after careful thought and consideration I have decided to purchase the Ark Performance Grip exhaust. I'll being going with polished versus the burt on tips. Where is a good site to make my purchase? I have browsed Ark Performance direct website, CarID and THMotorsports. Of the 3 THMotorsports is the cheapest at $1,579.46 + free shipping. Anyone else purchased from THMotorsports or have any other suggestions on where I can get the best deal?

Thank you,

Ricky
Old 04-22-15, 01:44 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

JM Auto was better pricing that that... I would go with JoeZ though
Old 04-22-15, 01:53 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

JoeZ catback says it is true-dual, while Ark doesn't seem to say that it is. The Ark website does say Grip is true-dual for certain cars but I don't know why the IS350 version doesn't say it is. It's a question I had that wasn't answered in this forum.
Old 04-22-15, 02:25 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

I've dealt w/ modinjapan. ask for steve...he's cool and will answer any questions you have.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ock-items.html

I got my joe z full cat from them...
Old 04-22-15, 03:12 PM
rgonza1
Driver

I know they are fairly comparable, why do you pick JoeZ over Ark?
Old 04-22-15, 03:29 PM
cp2
Racer

from what I've read, I concur. both systems are very similar as far as sound and maybe power, but looks and are designs are very different.

my reason for choosing joe z is because his dedication and work has been proven with lexus. good numbers and even better quality is what you get with his/their products. and if there are any issues, he's the first one to try and help resolve them. he was very active on these boards and didn't shy away from any comments, good or bad.

not to down play ark, I really don't know anything about them other than what's posted on these boards. I've never seen a dyno from them either.

funny thing is (and I've said it before), it seems a lot of members on here are more concerned/fascinated with how the exhaust looks and sounds more than anything. so when it comes down to making your decision, at the end of the day, you're going to go with makes you happy.
Old 04-22-15, 03:40 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Richie was one of the guys that worked with developing the ARK I believe. He did post some dynos in the ARK thread somewhere. I remember seeing it. As for JoeZ, there are plenty of dynos from different models in this forum. Can't go wrong with both when just comparing numbers.
Old 04-22-15, 03:44 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did JoeZ because he makes one for the AWD model and was very impressed with him and his dedication as stated above. He is a true Lexus enthusiast that just wants what is best for our cars. Ark I was going to order my exhaust from they said they were doing an AWD model, and I think to this day they still do not have an AWD model in fabrication. People have had to have another muffler shop cut and re weld their pipes to fit... I wanted a fabricated model. Plus I really didn't like how Ark handled it with me. I kept calling and asking and they kept adding a couple of weeks, fast forward a few months and finally I got the real story that they did have someone to test the pipe in so cal... just didn't like how I was treated.
I agree with above, just do what makes you happy. I can honestly say I love my exhaust and every day I am extremely satisfied with it.
Old 04-22-15, 03:46 PM
SonicMotor
Lexus Champion

I can get you a price on the ARK Grip, shoot me a PM.
Old 04-23-15, 09:19 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
from what I've read, I concur. both systems are very similar as far as sound and maybe power, but looks and are designs are very different.

my reason for choosing joe z is because his dedication and work has been proven with lexus. good numbers and even better quality is what you get with his/their products. and if there are any issues, he's the first one to try and help resolve them. he was very active on these boards and didn't shy away from any comments, good or bad.

not to down play ark, I really don't know anything about them other than what's posted on these boards. I've never seen a dyno from them either.

funny thing is (and I've said it before), it seems a lot of members on here are more concerned/fascinated with how the exhaust looks and sounds more than anything. so when it comes down to making your decision, at the end of the day, you're going to go with makes you happy.
Dynos are posted on their product page itself... lol
http://www.arkperformance.com/Lexus-...1500-0214g.htm

Ark is also much more known in the broader car community. I have a few friends that run Ark exhaust systems on non-Lexus cars. Joe Z is more concentrated on Lexus cars. But little known fact, APexi, well renowned JDM aftermarket performance company, copied Arks exhaust design on the IS350. Must say something about Ark right?

Last edited by anthonys2r; 04-23-15 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-23-15, 09:43 AM
cp2
Racer

well damn...thanks! I saw the exhaust on the page but failed to notice the dyno thumbnail! very nice all the way through! I didn't know that apexi copied them...good on the 411. I've been out of the "scene" for quite a bit. w/ my 1st gen is300, there were the typical hks, greddy, tanabe, etc. i don't think joe z came to play until the 2nd gen right? so all these names in here are new and foreign to me...haha. but i did do some research (mostly through these boards) when choosing my exhaust and these two systems (joe z and ark) were the best suited for me; have full cat back systems. it was really nice at the time that modinjapan was having a retarded rad deal...any joe z system $15 shipped! so that helped in my decision too...haha.

still...can't go wrong with either systems. both help the car exhale better, add some ponies, look and sound great and are around the same price range.
Old 04-24-15, 12:32 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dont order from jmautoracing if you want polished tips

I just ordered from jmauto racing cuz they had a group buy discount.

I ordered polished tips specifically and they sent me burnt tips anyway.
i called them up and they said there was a 'mix up' at the warehouse. which im starting to doubt.

I called ark and they said they are completely out of polished until june.

Buyer beware. Buy at your own discretion.
Old 04-24-15, 12:33 PM
SonicMotor
Lexus Champion

Yes there is a proper back order on these, we have pre-orders open, but please if you do order as said make sure that someone doesn't send you incorrect parts.
Old 04-24-15, 08:12 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered polished and said maybe ships at end of may. I got mine at CARID.com i called ark to before i placed order and got ETA straight from them sucks i hate waiting.