Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo Axle-back Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-16, 02:17 PM
Nochi20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup! I would recommend this exhaust to anyone!
Old 04-03-16, 07:32 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Are you guys lowered yet? Debating in H&R vs eibach. The front drop is about the same. The eibachs arent as liw as the H&R in the rear. So wasnt sure if yall are scraping the Y-pipe or anything since it does seem a little low. Lol
Old 04-03-16, 10:01 AM
Nochi20
Driver School Candidate

Not lowered yet but my bc's come in tomorrow but gonna see how much clearance I'll have after the drop
Old 04-03-16, 01:01 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
Are you guys lowered yet? Debating in H&R vs eibach. The front drop is about the same. The eibachs arent as liw as the H&R in the rear. So wasnt sure if yall are scraping the Y-pipe or anything since it does seem a little low. Lol
The Y pipe is pretty low to honest but even with my drop I only hit when I dont drive carefully over speed bumps and the like. Im really low in the rear though, im on BC coilovers so my drop is more than that of springs. Ill post a pic right now to show you. I have a very small amount of clearance between the Y pipe and the ground (about 1 inch), tire tucked in the rear, and im honestly suprised I dont hit more often lol. It does however happen more with people in the back of course.

Edit: I tried to upload a pic but for some reason ClubLexus wont allow me to from my mobile phone. Ill try again later or tomorrow to show you the drop. But either way if all your doing is springs, you should be good.

Last edited by Tro209; 04-03-16 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-03-16, 01:13 PM
Nochi20
Driver School Candidate

Please do! I wanna see the look, mine come in tomorrow! So excited giddy like a school girl hahaha
Old 04-03-16, 01:57 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
i have eibach pro kit springs and invidia midpipe (not sure if it sits lower than another mid) and its only scraped a couple times when i drive fast over one particularly big bump. my oem midpipe has all kinds of scratches on it tho that i could see when it came off lol. i dont think a couple scrapes on the midpipe really matters tho,,
Old 04-04-16, 12:34 PM
homichael
Driver School Candidate

I love my setup combo tsudo v2 + invidia midpipes..

I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't have OCD.

Filament is up to a sub par $330 shipped job. Passenger side exhaust tip is 3-5millimeters longer then driver side. The sound makes up for the filament.
Old 04-04-16, 05:24 PM
bbaugher47

Thanks for the replies. I think I am set on the H&R springs. There is a set of BC coilovers here in VA for 690$ on craigslist. And a new set in there for 900$. Just dont think I wanna do coils. So it sounds like I will be fine with minimal to no scraping. Prob my next mod.
Old 04-04-16, 09:28 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tsudo Axle-back Installed

Heres the pictures. Sorry it took a while CL isnt letting me upload from my phone for some reason so here it is using Garage Talk for Android. Let me know if this works!

Tsudo Axle-back Installed-20160403_130328.jpg

Tsudo Axle-back Installed-20160403_130227.jpg

As you can see im fairly low, or at least, lower than what is achiveable on springs. I only hit sometimes and when I do its mainly the Y pipe that hits (on speedbumps and the like) and not the midpipe. Oh and for what its worth I have Tsudo v2, Megan Midpipe and resonator delete.
Old 04-05-16, 03:54 AM
bbaugher47

Nice! , thanks for posting the pics. After seeing how low you are , I am definently feeling that I will be ok. Glad to see folks purchasing the tsudo.
Old 04-19-16, 10:21 PM
obe1
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tsudo bought just not installed

I wanted to say Hi to the group. I bought a 2013 IS250 10K miles on it. I have read and read on the Cl just going over the things I like to consider doing. I installed Halo's in my Headlights along with HID Low Beams, Fog lights and LED high beams. All the same color and really like the Upgrade.
I also installed a Viper Smart Start System Alarm with Remote Start too. It was an all day job installing this! I did not want anyone removing panels and splicing wires but me. I install Avionics In Airplanes in my spare time.

I Bought the Sport Package model with Front and Rear spoilers. I understand now the car sets lower than stock by 1/2 inch. I have changed out the Lexus Radio System to a FlyAudio Nav unit. I have been really happy with it. The Forum has been a great wealth of Info.

Yeah, a Nav IS350 F Sport package would be nice. I set out to buy a Low Milage Reliable car for under 30K. All my Upgrades can be removed and applied to another car of similar model 06-13 IS. Maybe a IS350 will present itself one day.

200 Hp is mild, and I enjoy driving the car. I ride CBR1000RR motorcycles on the track for my need for speed. Fly small airplanes for a spirited ride. a 300 HP IS, I would get into trouble I am afraid ...

I have now ordered F Sport Suspension Springs, Shocks, Sway Bars, Under Brace, Intake, Floor Mats, and Shifter ****. I also ordered Aftermarket Lower Control Arm Bushings for the Hopefully address the inter tire wearing issues, or at least help with it.

Now the Exhaust System: The 1200-1300 dollars for a F Sport Rear Exhaust with little or no power gain is hard to swallow. On motorcycles an exhaust system can effect where the power comes on.

So, I am trying this Tsudo out and see what happens. I do not live in the Salt, Snow areas. I live in Texas and feel that might help its life. I read about some minor fitment issues, and will work them one at a time. Pipe Bending, Hanger bends, we can address if needed. I like a good sounding car, but do not want any irritating Drone While driving.

Will you see and performance gains with a Mid Pipe along with a Axle Back System?

I see F-Sports Brakes is a pricy upgrade. They seem they will not work with stock 17 inch wheels. Is there a good aftermarket affordable solution? Maybe not stop in a shorter distance, but displace heat, and hopefully a better feel in the brakes. I know riding my CBR's Steel Braided Brake Lines, Brembo Mater cylinder with Vesra Brake pads make a Lot of Difference on a motorcycle bike, where the difference is 2-3 finger and now only 1-2 finger with plenty of feedback.. Leaned over at 50-70-90 + MPH with your knee barley off the ground, precise braking is a must. Maybe not to stop shorter, but more controllable and I have more confidence.

Thanks again for all your information. I have to post pictures of all my upgrades when I get them installed.

Take care

TEX
Old 04-20-16, 12:41 PM
bbaugher47

I believe your largest HP gains come from headers. Like ppe , juntw , or even megans? Intake and full exhaust wont help all that much. You can always try to lighten the car up too to help out as well. No big heavy wheels etc.
Old 06-30-16, 03:25 AM
bbaugher47

So a little after two months the exhaust , it is still looking great. It has gotten a little louder but the tone itself hasnt changed. It still shines like new. ( i do wash it when I wash the car) and Ive also bought white diamond metal polish to keep her looking good.
Old 08-27-16, 04:13 PM
leoferus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Installed this exhaust today. Fitment was good. The muffler flange bolt holes are slotted. Loosely tighten the mufflers but install the Y pipe snug. Raise the vehicle and adjust fitment as necessary. Tighten everything. Pictures. I do this for a living so I always forget to take pictures. Sorry. Flat rate makes me do things fast ;-)

I am pleased with the sound. I wanted something that would be deep but not raspy. Audible but not very loud. This accomplishes the mission. I'm 35. I was pleased. Most of my older coworkers were pleased... the kids weren't. They wanted it louder!

http://www.semotors.com/tsudo-lexus-...l-mufflers-v2/
Old 08-27-16, 05:08 PM
bbaugher47

I feel mine has gotten louder. Love the tone. Pairs well with my Takeda intake.

Quick Reply: Tsudo Axle-back Installed