Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Stage 4 Turbo with N2O:Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-03, 01:40 PM
isman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Stage 4 Turbo with N2O:Update

Good Monday to all fellow members. In a few weeks, it will be the start of Spring and that means the start of the season for Import shows, drag/race event and meets for us (at least for the North East region peeps). With all the snow we had, I finally had a chance to pick up my car at SRT-MD Sunday-yesterday. The car's been ready for a while now and yesterday's 50+degree sunny day drive up to NYC from MD was so so (well too many words to describe it ).

Since my original post on the SRT Stage 4 kit last Oct/Nov, the whp has increase to 503whp at 21.5psi on race gas and 561whp with a small 35shot of happy juice. To compensate for the increase in hp, I had SRT to fully build and blueprint the auto tranny internally. Keep in mind that I'm still using SRT piggy back and no standalone, and my dyno numbers are SAE corrected unlike some other dynos that shows STD.

As those who are boosted may know, the largest injectors that are available for use "without" a standalone is 440cc (RC engineering lists 550cc injectors on their website but they don't make it-trust me I called). Well, at 22psi with race gas, I was maxing out on the duty cycle of my 440cc injectors . Looks like it's time for me to go standalone and some 720cc injectors . In anycase, I feel very good about the current 503whp number, considering that I have an auto and still on a piggy. To get this level of hp from a piggy is quite impressive. If I had a manual, I would be putting down a good 535 +or- whp from the SRT piggy back and with nitrous that would be over 600whp .

The 35shot of nitrous gave me additional 58hp to the wheels. For those who are wondering, my a/f was still at 12:1 for most of the power band range, and honestly it leaned (due to the injectors maxing out) after 6k rpm. I'm safe to run 18psi everyday which gave me 472whp on a perfect a/f ratio.

This might obviously sound biased, but I let the work do the talking. SRT has come out with some impressive products. They started out with the intakes w/ecu when no other mfgs were producing them, and we were in dire need for aftermarket products then. Then the superchargers, but we all know that every mfgs are always developing something better (but how many others had f/i kits then?). They boosted IS300, GS300, and even the GS400 with the Twin Turbo set up (I personally had a chance to inspect and ride in one of those M5 killers ). They are currently on a big project that will reword the word for swaps, and I'm not just talking about engines here.

Believe me, I already have scheduled my next step for more whp within this season (probably toward late summer), but I'll be enjoying in the meanwhile. Oh, the kills on the way up from MD, the Passport 8500 worked perfectly. I can get loose if I don't throttle the car correctly at 4th after shifting from 3rd...enough said and I have 265s in the rear.

Here's some dynos and the vid is being worked on (need to cut and edit, too long). Will make 30 seconds blocks of sick sick burnouts (the tire mark went over 50feet ), donuts (by the dozen), and some quick acceleration high speed runs, oh and the dyno pulls. Stay tuned.

Dynos:
With 35shot of N2O

Turbo only

Turbo-N2O comparison
Old 03-10-03, 02:17 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome stuff.
Looking foreward to your updates!!
Old 03-10-03, 05:09 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's some really nice numbers you got there. Congrats on the turbo set up. Can't wait to see the videos! By the way, you got PM