Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo vvti swap + HKS VPC: Results.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-14, 02:14 PM
Meyagi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo vvti swap + HKS VPC: Results.

i recently bought a aem infinity to replace the vpc/afc combo in my supra, and for the hell of it i wired the vpc/afc into my 98 gs3 with aristo swap to see it it would work since i never found a yes or no answer back when i was looking..... answer is yes, it works flawlessly. i used the A chip from the supra which is stock injectors, so this leads me to believe the B chip for the supra which is 680cc injectors would also work just fine. i didnt change any settings from where they were in the supra, but the car still drove fine, air fuels were fine, i used a resistor to trick the stock ecu that the air temp sensor in the maf was still there (same as its done on the supra) no CEL, and transmission shifted just like the car still had a maf. VPC is old tech, but this is a way for single guys to ditch the maf and correct for larger injectors with the help of the AFC. still no timing control, but plenty of supra guys have managed 600+ hp with this combo.

wiring: simple, same as supra just different ecu connectors obviously.
these are the plugs and pins on the aristo ecu
plug pin wire color
F60 16 black/red B+ power
B2 17 brown ground
B2 10 red/blue airflow signal/maf
B1 25 black igniter/ignition signal
B2 23 yellow/green throttle position, needed for AFC
VPC supra instructions: http://mkiv.com/techarticles/vpc/vpc.htm

there ya go, good luck!
coming next will be using the aristo maf as blow through after turbo, will it work and how will the car run.....
Old 04-22-14, 12:18 PM
MotoEvo
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing your findings. It's good to hear that there's a piggyback solution that will work well enough for milder builds. Are you running the Supra injectors with the resistor pack, and how is the part throttle driveability?

I would be interested to hear how well the Aristo MAF works on a blow through setup too.
Old 04-22-14, 02:36 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

lets see some pics
Old 06-03-14, 07:11 PM
Meyagi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this was the vpc running on fully stock aristo fueling. i only had the vpc in to try it, but its not in the car anymore. my maf is now in the straight section before the throttle body, i had to do a small amount of editing with a afc to get the afr's in boost to be correct but the car runs perfect. ive been running it like this for 2 months now and it runs way better then it did with the maf pre turbo.