Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus IS350 Invidia Midpipe and M2 Performance Exhaust build and review

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-14, 03:30 PM
aburnett2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus IS350 Invidia Midpipe and M2 Performance Exhaust build and review

After MUCH research on this forum and youtube I decided to buy an invidia midpipe and an M2 exhaust. Rather than buy a greddy or an HKS etc. Mainly because of the money. For the price of an HKS or greddy exhaust I got the midpipe and mufflers.

Firstly I paid $320 for the Invidia midpipe and $260 for the M2 mufflers both on ebay with free shipping. Brought it to my muffler shop to have installed.

Installation:
The gaskets for the invidia midpipe and the M2 exhaust don't exactly match up. There's a little bit of a gap between the 2 as one calls for a doughnut gasket and the other not. So I had to cut the gaskets off and weld the 2 together with a piece of stainless steel piping. Not a big deal at all. Just make sure that your mufflers are in the exact same position since you're welding a piece and the dimensions will be a little off on the right side. But as long as you cut the right size of piping, you'll be fine.

Sound: I personally love the sound of this exhaust. From 1000-3000 RPM's there's a nice growl that can be heard in the car during acceleration. When you really hit it, the exhaust screams but sounds very smooth. This has been referred to as an HKS knockoff and i'd agree. It sounds just about the same. I've made a video of the sound. Had to film it myself so the sound is a little muffled but i'll make a new one shortly and post it.

Posted some pics as well.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS350 Invidia Midpipe and M2 Performance Exhaust build and review-get-attachment-1-.jpg   Lexus IS350 Invidia Midpipe and M2 Performance Exhaust build and review-get-attachment.jpg  
Old 02-16-14, 01:52 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice setup. Sound clips were awesome.
Old 02-19-14, 12:35 AM
MrKayVu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, that does sound like an HKS Hi-Power.
Old 03-03-14, 02:43 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the M2, i'm thinking adding the Invidia midpipe. I read your description saying they don't fit well. Can you elaborate on that?? What tweak did you do to make them fit?? I wish it is a straight bolt-on installation.

Sound-wise, how much louder is it with the mid-pipe comparing to just M2 alone? Also, how is the drone???
Old 03-06-14, 06:22 PM
aburnett2
Driver School Candidate

So what I had to do was cut both of the fitments off and weld a piece of stainless steel piping in between them. Was super easy and I didn't mind doing it. That system will probably stay on my car until I sell it so I didn't care. I can't give an opinion on the difference without the mid pipe because I installed them both at the same time. The invidia mid pipe definitely gives you a deep sound along with the M2 also. I really like the sound. It has a little drone to it but I personally don't hear it when i'm just cruising 2-3k RPM's. For under $600 I thought it was a really good deal.
Old 03-08-14, 05:18 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I really want to add the midpipe in. However, I don't want to cut and weld it. Is there a way you can fit the Invidia Midpipe with the M2 axle back exhaust in a bolt on manner? If not, do you think any other midpipe can be bolt on such as the Megan midpipe?? Anyone?
Old 03-09-14, 12:28 PM
aburnett2
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure. I can't remember correctly which was which (maybe someone else can help me out) But I believe Invidia Midpipe was a donut gasket and the other wasn't. The flanges were not matching up to my liking. There was a hairline gap and I didn't want a gap in my system.
Old 03-10-14, 10:33 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

So there is just a hairline gap in between the M2 and the Invidia midpipe if you don't cut and weld it? Does it affect performance? Does the set up still work in a bolt on manner?

We only need to cut/weld it because you want to seal that hairline gap??
Old 03-12-14, 08:27 PM
aburnett2
Driver School Candidate

I'm not really sure. You'd have to direct that question to someone else. When my welder showed it to me it was literally a hairline. They do bolt together though. It was just a bit of a gap. Tiny.
Old 03-13-14, 09:54 PM
aburnett2
Driver School Candidate

Here's a picture of what it looks like when they're lined up. i'm pretty sure the invidia is a flat flange and M2 a donut one. See how they don't line up around the center.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS350 Invidia Midpipe and M2 Performance Exhaust build and review-photo.jpg  
Old 01-28-15, 07:38 AM
flattire
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really considering on doing this just need a little more input! I have the m2 performance exhaust with a resonator delete and I'm kinda sick of the drone. Will this fix it? Also I'm looking for some poping on downshifts do you think the midpipes will help me out with what I'm looking for?? Thanks!
Old 01-28-15, 08:46 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aburnett2
I'm not sure. I can't remember correctly which was which (maybe someone else can help me out) But I believe Invidia Midpipe was a donut gasket and the other wasn't. The flanges were not matching up to my liking. There was a hairline gap and I didn't want a gap in my system.
So, does this mean there's a good chance it will be fine as is?

Is it necessary to replace any/all of the gaskets when swapping the mid pipe?