Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-14, 05:11 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exhaust ?

I have straight pipes on my gs430 but only in place of my resonators. I am running no mufflers at the moment and i want to put my stock mufflers back on. The plan was to put the mufflers back on after the resonator delete but i love the sound and all the compliments so much i would rather keep them off. I would do straight pipes but i wanna pass emissions when it comes around and i really like the look of big mufflers on a car. So basically how can i keep the current sound with my stock mufflers? Would i have to have a shop cut into the muffler and put a straight pipe in place? What are my options? thanks
Old 01-28-14, 03:02 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

First off, I believe your in the wrong section. This is the IS section. Secondly, if you want to keep the sound, just add exhaust tips to your straight pipe. It will look better and still retain the sound you like.
Old 01-28-14, 04:13 PM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
I have straight pipes on my gs430 but only in place of my resonators. I am running no mufflers at the moment and i want to put my stock mufflers back on. The plan was to put the mufflers back on after the resonator delete but i love the sound and all the compliments so much i would rather keep them off. I would do straight pipes but i wanna pass emissions when it comes around and i really like the look of big mufflers on a car. So basically how can i keep the current sound with my stock mufflers? Would i have to have a shop cut into the muffler and put a straight pipe in place? What are my options? thanks
If your emissions testing has a sound component (judging from your plan, it doesn't), then you'll need a muffler. But essentially, it'll just test if your primary and secondary catalytic converters are working. Most emissions tests won't even have a visual test (to check if you even have a muffler).

Like what idoke said, just put some exhaust tips on and call it a day.
Old 01-29-14, 10:45 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh thanks guys! But what i meant to say when i said no mufflers is i dont even have a straight pipe in place of my mufflers... there literally is nothing there cause its unbolted. The resonators are straight piped then there is no exhaust. I also dont want to get pulled over. But like u guys said im prolly going to do a straight pipe and put the stock tips on it.