Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Auto trans A340E question has my mind spinning.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-13, 03:36 PM
G0TB00ST
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auto trans A340E question has my mind spinning.

My 2000 gs300 has a 2jz swap in it. The a340e trans went on it. I had a replacement sitting at the shop but the tail section is different. The tail section on the replacement is longer and has a black circle shaft end.

I then just bought another a340e from my friends VVTI swap since the tail section was IDENTICAL to the one that is on my car (it has 3 bolt holes for the driveshaft)

Last night We are were pulling the trans out of the gs300. The trans currently in the car has the SAME SENSORS as the first trans with the longer tail section.

The VVTI trans has a sensor on the left right in front of the tail section that is a lot bigger than the other 2. That is the only sensor that has wires going to it.

Can I still use that trans even though that sensor is not being used?

Here are the two trannies. Left is the VVTI which has the same tail section as my current in car trans.

Here is the VVTI with the ONLY sensor in question at the bottom left. It has wires attached to it. you can see the other trans has a smaller circular sensor which is what I have on the trans on my car currently
Old 01-09-13, 03:46 PM
G0TB00ST
Driver

and no... my swap is not a vvti swap
Old 01-10-13, 06:23 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

You descriptions are kinda confusing. If one question your asking is what is the black sensor with the connector facing towards the front located closest to the flange in the bottom pic, then it that is just the second speed sensor, the vvti trans has two, the front one monitors the engine rotation and the rear one monitors the driveshaft rotation.

So no pic of your current trans? Your running a non-vvti jdm gte engine/trans right now? If so the gte-vvti and gte-non-vvti trans are not the same and not a plug and play swap. The connections and ecu control are different.

You just looking for a 1st gen gte aristo auto trans?? Is this what you have? A friend of mine has a few of those at his house if that's what your replacing and need another.
Old 01-11-13, 12:25 PM
G0TB00ST
Driver

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
You descriptions are kinda confusing. If one question your asking is what is the black sensor with the connector facing towards the front located closest to the flange in the bottom pic, then it that is just the second speed sensor, the vvti trans has two, the front one monitors the engine rotation and the rear one monitors the driveshaft rotation.

So no pic of your current trans? Your running a non-vvti jdm gte engine/trans right now? If so the gte-vvti and gte-non-vvti trans are not the same and not a plug and play swap. The connections and ecu control are different.

You just looking for a 1st gen gte aristo auto trans?? Is this what you have? A friend of mine has a few of those at his house if that's what your replacing and need another.
The current trans is still being held up by 3 bolts on the lift. i currently do not have a vvti trans. I thought all the a340e transmissions would be the same. but the differences i see was the sensor on the left before the tail section.

I guess i cannot use the vvti trans anyways. i guess ill just get rid of it. I guess I would need a 1st gen aristo trans... if the tail section is identical and the sensor in front of the tail section is the same as the trans on the right.
Old 01-13-13, 11:06 AM
Meyagi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the trans on the right is for a non vvti 1jz/2jz. you can tell because it has a tv cable that runs from the valve body up to the throttle plate. it is most likely from a soarer. you would need to find a combination of driveshaft parts connect to it, or possibly swap the tail housing and shaft from your old trans to your new one. it will probably be easier to just get the right transmission.

Last edited by Meyagi; 01-13-13 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-14-13, 09:02 AM
G0TB00ST
Driver

thank you meyagi... looks like im throwing these 3 trans away. i will be looking to get myself a built trans this time around. this crap is driving me up a wall already. lol
Old 01-14-13, 11:54 AM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, in short a340 is not descriptive enough and there's lot of variation in the family. Unforrunately they were not coded by the small details.