Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte in 98 gs300 questions looking for some answers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-12, 08:56 PM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2jz-gte in 98 gs300 questions looking for some answers

hey guys first off im not sure what i am getting into because the past 8+ yrs i have been a honda guy and 5 months ago i left the honda scene for the luxury vip scene so i bought me a (98) gs300 KEEP IN MIND that i do have a shop that i go through when i need things done but right now i need to get some straight and forward answers and if any of you guys can bare with me and help/guide me down the right route before i do something wrong and ****** $h*t up. All help and answers would greatly be appreciated and thanks ahead guys....so here it is.

jdm aristo swap 2jz-gte vvti? (if i am correct) motor and tranny itself, ecu, igniter box thing of course the jdm harness (dont know if needed or even if it comes with)

1-what exactly is all needed to complete the swap?

2-does anyone make a wiring harness? for plug and play for the motor to the car, so wires don't have to be splice and down the road later cause electrical problems etc

3-what site should i go to for parts because i am looking to do a few upgrades when the motor is going in such as
-front mount intercooler with the necessary pipping for the 2nd gs
-blow off valves
-aftermarket twin turbo manifold

4-what all can i do to the motor to pull a good 500+ whp daily (maybe more)

5-whats the difference between are tranny and theirs? well the amercian tranny work on the swap?

6-should i think about getting a torque converter for the 500+ whp i want to make?

i might have more but for now this is all i can think of

remember guys any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for those of you that can bare to help me out im slowly learning....
Old 07-22-12, 10:41 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello

Hey guy, hows it going! I guess I can help you out since a few good people on here helped me with my swap. I just finished mine last month and have a full write up on it with pictures. Its actually on this page. The title is "98 GS300 Aristo Swap". If you read through it it may answer some of you questions.

Now some answers.
Yes, get the VVT-I, its plug and play.......
The swap is a direct plug and play swap. With the exception of running one wire. Its very simple to run it and i can help you out if you like. I can't answer you questions on the 500hp because mine is for the most part a stock swap, with the exception of a FMIC and a full custom 3 in exhaust.
You will have to use the Aristo transmission. I know there are people that have used the US one but I heard its a pain to set up. You can use the igniter currently in your car as they are the same part number. You will need the forward part of the aristo drive shaft to get it driving. The rear portion is the same and does not need to be changed. You will need to run a return line. So to make that easy I just ordered a 2nd gen Aristo fuel pump assembly off ebay. You will need the aristo MAF. The gs300 one is a different part number. The Aristo harness is a must and should come with the engine. If the harness and ecu don't come with it, then you might not want to buy the motor set.
I ordered the FMIC from Autobahn88. It was around $400 shipped. You will have to do some cutting to the front bumper possibly but coming from Hondas Im sure you are use to trimming up a few things. Now for the exhaust system I ordered a turbo elbow for a JDM mk4 supra and the mid pipe from a USDM MK4 supra. You will need to do some cutting and welding to make it work. And after market cat back and mid pipe for the GS300 will work as long as its 3in. I ordered an ebay one and its actually really nice. Not too loud, not to quiet. if your going to keep it stock then you won't need a BOV. The stock one works fine!

I hope this helped you out some. IF you need more help just pm me. If i can't answer it, I most deff know some one who can. And Im sure he might have even read this thread already. "99GS" ...
Again check out my thread, I have some really good pictures in there. They are all spread out so you will have to read through the whole thing...lol
Good luck bud, I love my swap. Most fun I've ever had driving a luxury car!
Old 07-22-12, 11:07 PM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
Hey guy, hows it going! I guess I can help you out since a few good people on here helped me with my swap. I just finished mine last month and have a full write up on it with pictures. Its actually on this page. The title is "98 GS300 Aristo Swap". If you read through it it may answer some of you questions.

Now some answers.
Yes, get the VVT-I, its plug and play.......
The swap is a direct plug and play swap. With the exception of running one wire. Its very simple to run it and i can help you out if you like. I can't answer you questions on the 500hp because mine is for the most part a stock swap, with the exception of a FMIC and a full custom 3 in exhaust.
You will have to use the Aristo transmission. I know there are people that have used the US one but I heard its a pain to set up. You can use the igniter currently in your car as they are the same part number. You will need the forward part of the aristo drive shaft to get it driving. The rear portion is the same and does not need to be changed. You will need to run a return line. So to make that easy I just ordered a 2nd gen Aristo fuel pump assembly off ebay. You will need the aristo MAF. The gs300 one is a different part number. The Aristo harness is a must and should come with the engine. If the harness and ecu don't come with it, then you might not want to buy the motor set.
I ordered the FMIC from Autobahn88. It was around $400 shipped. You will have to do some cutting to the front bumper possibly but coming from Hondas Im sure you are use to trimming up a few things. Now for the exhaust system I ordered a turbo elbow for a JDM mk4 supra and the mid pipe from a USDM MK4 supra. You will need to do some cutting and welding to make it work. And after market cat back and mid pipe for the GS300 will work as long as its 3in. I ordered an ebay one and its actually really nice. Not too loud, not to quiet. if your going to keep it stock then you won't need a BOV. The stock one works fine!

I hope this helped you out some. IF you need more help just pm me. If i can't answer it, I most deff know some one who can. And Im sure he might have even read this thread already. "99GS" ...
Again check out my thread, I have some really good pictures in there. They are all spread out so you will have to read through the whole thing...lol
Good luck bud, I love my swap. Most fun I've ever had driving a luxury car!
ahahah hell yeah thanks man i appreciated man so how much in parts you think in parts you think i have to spend (besides motor and labor to get it ready to swap in)
Old 07-23-12, 03:57 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2dannyKeo
ahahah hell yeah thanks man i appreciated man so how much in parts you think in parts you think i have to spend (besides motor and labor to get it ready to swap in)
I'd set aside about $1000 just to be safe. That should get you your entire exhaust, FMIC, new plugs, and all new fluids. Who knows, you might have some cash left over if you buy the right things. My budget was around $6000 for the swap. I bought everything I needed and a few extra things that I wanted. I went $40 dollars over. So I was happy with that. Just make sure you get these important things with your swap.
1. 2JZ-GTE VVT-I , it should come with harness and ecu.
2. GTE MAF
3. Igniter , and you can also use the GE one as they are the same part number.
4. Forward part of the drive shaft from the Aristo. The GS300 one will not work, the bolt pattern is a bit off.
Things you will need to buy.
1. You will need to buy a MK4 Supra Throttle cable. The GS300 one is too short. Make sure its from the twin turbo model. I got mine from Driftmotion.
2. Upper radiator hose. I got one from auto zone for a Ford truck and just cut it down.
3. Fuel return line. 5/16 fuel injection line will work just fine. Get about 13 feet. Just in case.....
4. Optional....but for stock it was easy, The Aristo JZS161 fuel pump assembly. It comes with the return hole already on it and does not cause the fuel reading issues that most people have with after market set ups.
5. Custom exhaust set up.
6. After market intake for the GE or GTE if, yours didnt come with the stock air box. I used one from the GE because it had the 2 necessary ports for the stock evap lines.

I seriously thought this was going to be a royal pain in the *** of a swap, And it turned out to be some what of a simple one. This Forum helped me a bunch so if anyone needs help I am totally down to return the favor! PM me if you have more detailed questions.
Good Luck

Last edited by GS300LUV; 07-25-12 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 09:27 AM
supra1
Driver School Candidate

^^^^^^ Lot's of good info in this thread by GS300LUV. Kudos to you for the great info you posted.

Anyway you can make a quick video of how the car sounds at WOT and cruising with the 3" exhaust. I am also interested in how well the aristo twins spool compared to the usdm supra twins.
Old 04-06-16, 08:53 AM
MrTrDZ88
Driver School Candidate

Default Need some questions answered please

I'm also needing some help I own a 1998 gs300 ge with 2jz vvti, and I'm going to be doing a swap to the 2jz gte vvti engine. I've heard that the non vvti gte 2jz is more feasible in the long run as far performance parts, and also a lot easier to modify. On the other hand I've read the vvti isn't a good setup for a single turbo setup that the non vvti is a lot cheaper and easier to do the TT delete.