Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

CARB stickers for F-Sport intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-11, 04:47 PM
JYOO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARB stickers for F-Sport intake

Anyone remember where they stashed the 2 stickers when u received the F-sport intake?

I checked the box twice now and cant seem to find it, i was just wondering if there is some place i should look again.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-11, 04:54 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

It should be with the installation instructions.
Old 12-08-11, 05:36 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

Mine only came with the 1 sticker for the outside of the air box.

Was i sposed to get 2
Old 12-08-11, 05:40 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Yes, it's suppose to come with two. One sticker saying it is a reusable filter, do not throw away and the other sticker is the carb sticker.
Old 12-08-11, 09:34 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrBBQ
^^ Yes, it's suppose to come with two. One sticker saying it is a reusable filter, do not throw away and the other sticker is the carb sticker.
I got mine today and yes like MrBBQ stated they come with the instructions sealed. Once i broke the seal they fell out but I had 2 (one black and one white stickers).

Also, our intakes use the factory cover correct? So no new cover for the bottom box? Just making sure
Old 12-08-11, 10:38 PM
Virulent
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy just the CARB sticker from Sewell. Its around $6, but I don't know how much shipping will be.

I bought the CARB sticker for my Joe-Z intake. I don't think the cops will be able to tell the difference.
Old 12-08-11, 10:56 PM
JYOO
Pole Position

^^^^Thats BS. I didnt even get any install instructions. I just printed all 13 pages off the website. I shouldnt have to pay even 6 cents let alone dollars for something that should of came with my purchase. i already sent a email hopefully they do right asap. Sewell if u are reading this , please send me the 2 stickers asap. Thanks.
Old 12-08-11, 11:01 PM
JYOO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Virulent
You can buy just the CARB sticker from Sewell. Its around $6, but I don't know how much shipping will be.

I bought the CARB sticker for my Joe-Z intake. I don't think the cops will be able to tell the difference.
OH WOW! By the way the shipping costs just under 10 bucks for something they can stick in an envelope for .46 cents!! The total is just under 15 bucks and YES that is CL member price. Yeah im not paying for anything, they need to rush this thing out to me asap esp in California where cops will tow your car for having an intake, ive seen it!!
Old 12-09-11, 12:03 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JYOO
OH WOW! By the way the shipping costs just under 10 bucks for something they can stick in an envelope for .46 cents!! The total is just under 15 bucks and YES that is CL member price. Yeah im not paying for anything, they need to rush this thing out to me asap esp in California where cops will tow your car for having an intake, ive seen it!!
You gotta relax. They will not tow your car for not having a "carb sticker."
Old 12-09-11, 02:15 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

I have yet to put the carb sticker on my car. I'm OCD so I know putting a sticker will not be a 5 second job. I will have to clean the surface at least 3x with alcohol, make sure it is aligned and straight, recheck it another 3x, mark the area with a marker, peel the sticker, stick it on, rub on it for awhile for maximum cohesion, then clean off the marker spots with alcohol. Yea I know, I make it more complicated than it has to be.
Old 12-09-11, 03:00 AM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrBBQ
I have yet to put the carb sticker on my car. I'm OCD so I know putting a sticker will not be a 5 second job. I will have to clean the surface at least 3x with alcohol, make sure it is aligned and straight, recheck it another 3x, mark the area with a marker, peel the sticker, stick it on, rub on it for awhile for maximum cohesion, then clean off the marker spots with alcohol. Yea I know, I make it more complicated than it has to be.
I am the same way! In matter of fact I am getting an F Sport sticker to put on top of the airbox.........but the shroud does cover the airbox right? Then it might be a waste
Old 12-09-11, 04:11 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Which sticker goes on where? I know one is for the hood and one on the intake box.

NVM. The black sticker goes under the hood, the white on the box.
Old 12-09-11, 09:46 AM
Hoac
Pole Position

So I didn't get the resuable filter sticker with mine. That won't cause any problems will it? I do have the CARB sticker for the top of the air box however.
Old 12-09-11, 09:52 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoac
So I didn't get the resuable filter sticker with mine. That won't cause any problems will it? I do have the CARB sticker for the top of the air box however.

The 'reusable' sticker is only there so the mechanic changing the filter knows not to throw out the existing one.

Since you ought be doing this bit of maintenance yourself (as it's incredibly easy/simple) its lack should not be an issue.
Old 12-09-11, 10:28 AM
JYOO
Pole Position

Smile

Yeah i know, they only take your car if your doing something illegal, but alot of CHiPs are pretty knowledgeable on whats stock and whats not and will give you a fix it ticket if you dont have the carb or epa sticker.

Quick Reply: CARB stickers for F-Sport intake