Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust Suggestions for 11 IS350 F sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-11, 02:05 PM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Suggestions for 11 IS350 F sport

Hey Guys,

New to the forums. I just bought my IS350 and added the F-Sport Intake. I am looking to add an exhaust.

Any Suggestions?

Last edited by Lexus408; 12-06-11 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 03:34 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

what are you hoping to accomplish with it?

Most legal hp gain for the least noise/cost is probably the Tanabe

Same gain with more noise (and about 2x cost) is something like the F-sport

Most hp gain period (at cost of not being street legal) is something like the Joe Z
Old 12-07-11, 09:16 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

I am looking for something with more noise and hp gain for sure. But not a raspy (ricer) sound no offense. I know the F Sport Exhaust runs about 1200-1500 correct?
Old 12-07-11, 01:14 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

I initially thought I wanted to put exhaust on my IS250, also an Fsport... and one of the best sounds I heard after searching around youtube and reading reviews on the CL forum was this guys HKS HiPower Exhaust where he also took off the resonator and has intake but not the Fsport. Sounds sick to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-UAU...eature=related

Magnaflow also seems to be somewhat popular... which I also thinks has a similar performance pitch/sound like the HKS vid above. Fwd to about 26 seconds on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0smmg...eature=related

IMO, regardless of the exhaust you will not see substantial HP gain no matter what. Maybe 1 or 2 hp difference between all the exhausts out there. Good Luck with your search and purchase!
Old 12-07-11, 01:39 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search the forums..

but go to is.sewellparts.com for fsport parts/oem parts
register with your club lexus account for some discounts.

thatll probably be cheapest price for fsport parts compare to all the dealerships.
Old 12-07-11, 01:49 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

greddy.
Old 12-07-11, 03:29 PM
GOTORacing
Pole Position

No matter which axle back exhaust you go with you won't have substantial hp or sound gains unless you replace the midpipe. Freeing up airflow beyond the axle back will increase sound and give you a few extra hp. I personally love the Tanabe with the Invidia midpipe.
Old 12-07-11, 05:31 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

F-Sport is the best bang for you buck, but if your only looking to go with an axle back then go Greddy or HKS.
Old 12-08-11, 05:44 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GOTORacing
No matter which axle back exhaust you go with you won't have substantial hp or sound gains unless you replace the midpipe. Freeing up airflow beyond the axle back will increase sound and give you a few extra hp. I personally love the Tanabe with the Invidia midpipe.
That's simply false.

The Tanabe Axle-back is about $600-700 and you gain about 7 hp (and you gain about the same with the F-sport, or any other axle-back)

All the midpipes are 300-400 bucks and add roughly one hp (plus make your exhaust illegal in all 50 states).

A midpipe is probably the worst possible thing to suggest for bang/buck as far as hp gains.

It's not 1985 anymore, factory cats simply aren't all that restrictive anymore, especially on a smallish 2.5-3.5 liter motor.

70-80% of the hp gains to be had from any exhaust mods (excluding headers) on the 2IS come from doing the axle-back.

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
F-Sport is the best bang for you buck, but if your only looking to go with an axle back then go Greddy or HKS.

Certainly it's not, for power anyway... the tanabe will be the same gains for half the cost. The F-sport is louder though.
Old 12-08-11, 06:30 AM
LexStylez
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz

Certainly it's not, for power anyway... the tanabe will be the same gains for half the cost. The F-sport is louder though.
Is the F-Sport louder? I read some threads and there's a debate whether the F-Sport is louder than the Tanabe. I love the looks of both exhausts. I'm trying to choose between the two but I don't want it to be too loud. I've youtube both systems but it's kind of hard to tell in the videos which one is louder.
Old 12-08-11, 06:36 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LexStylez
Is the F-Sport louder? I read some threads and there's a debate whether the F-Sport is louder than the Tanabe. I love the looks of both exhausts. I'm trying to choose between the two but I don't want it to be too loud. I've youtube both systems but it's kind of hard to tell in the videos which one is louder.
The Tanabe is said to be just about the quietest exhaust option.I'm very pleased with the level of sound.Last thing I wanted was loud.I love the tips too.
My buddy Koz here has the Greddy on his 350 and it's louder than the Tanabe on my 350.
The F-sport is said to be louder than the Greddy too.
Video sound clips without high end microphone equipment aren't very accurate,IMO.
Old 12-08-11, 08:38 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

I thought they stopped making the HKS Hi Power exhaust after 2008? I could be wrong. It has a great sound. Also is it true the F-Sport exhaust is made by HKS?

I like the Invidia Midpipe however don't want to deal with cops pulling me over to take it off.
Old 12-12-11, 05:19 AM
GOTORacing
Pole Position

In order to maximize the performance of you exhaust adding a midpipe, test pipe, etc... will reduce restriction, no question about that. Yes, HKS does make the F Sport exhaust, exclusively for Lexus and I believe that the Hi Power is still available. However, HKS left the US and getting their parts has become increasingly difficult. Everything I am hearing is if the parts aren't in the US that there is a significant waiting period.
Old 12-12-11, 06:53 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GOTORacing
In order to maximize the performance of you exhaust adding a midpipe, test pipe, etc... will reduce restriction, no question about that.
Except, again, there's not much restriction in the first place. It's not the 1970s and cats aren't robbing 10+ hp anymore.

Hence why midpipes tend to show, at best a gain of 1-2 horsepower on a dyno... versus the axle-back exhaust that add more like 7, offering massively better bang/buck (plus, unlike midpipes, they're actually legal to use on public roads in the US)

Midpipes are mostly a for-sound mod on the 2IS... if you're trying to add hp (which isn't terribly effective on the 2IS in the first place) a midpipe is literally the worst possible choice for your money compared to every other +hp mod available.

Joe Z intake: 5 hp for $125- $25 per hp
PPE Headers: 15 hp (picking the low end of the range) for $850- $56.67 per hp
Tanabe Exhaust- 7 hp for $650- $92.85 per hp
LMS Supercharger (if you can find one)- 50 hp for $6000- $120 per hp

Invidia Midpipe- 1 hp for $300- $300 per hp. Simply awful. Even if you're lucky enough to get 2 hp it's still the worst option available.

Last edited by Kurtz; 12-12-11 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-12-11, 07:14 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

I went f-sport (before it was called that) and am very happy with it, looks great, sounds great, feels great.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Suggestions for 11 IS350 F sport