Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-12, 07:26 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
you got pm.
Reply sent, get @ me.
Old 03-20-12, 09:32 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unsure?

So Ive been reading this thread for some time and I see you guys are talking about a Trac/abs/vsc ECU? Is this something I will need in order to complete my swap? Or is it something that comes with the harness? Where is it located on the JDM harness? My harness came with the engine harness,ecu part of the front body harness and both fuse boxes.
Old 03-20-12, 09:43 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
So Ive been reading this thread for some time and I see you guys are talking about a Trac/abs/vsc ECU? Is this something I will need in order to complete my swap? Or is it something that comes with the harness? Where is it located on the JDM harness? My harness came with the engine harness,ecu part of the front body harness and both fuse boxes.
Unless you get a full clip with thewhistle 9 yards from engine to driveshaft and diff. But basically with the aristo trac/abs/vsc ecu you can keep/ regain your abs and traction control. Meaning if you do the swap and not the trac ecu the lights for your abs, traction control and vsc stays on. Thing here is the aristo does not have vsc so you just have to get rid of the bulb. It also depends in the year of your car tho. Some gs300s are fine and won't kick lights without the ecu. Read this thread from start to end the info is here.
Old 03-21-12, 02:36 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pliccaid
Thanks man, thing is I have and there's one on there. This guy wants 550.00 for the damn thing.
LOL i can get that thing for 150 or less on yahoo japan lmao.
Old 03-21-12, 05:04 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by japspec
LOL i can get that thing for 150 or less on yahoo japan lmao.
Lol, that's why I told him to keep it. He's acting like its a gad damn stand alone for crying out loud.
Old 03-21-12, 05:43 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, that's why I told him to keep it. He's acting like its a gad damn stand alone for crying out loud.
I take that back i thought you were talking about the trac/abs/ect ecu lol, the vvti gte ecu goes for about 250-350 on yahoo japan give or take now the tuned ecu's are the ones that they tax you on from 750-1200 for a toms or mines ecu lol.
Old 03-21-12, 06:26 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
It is located behind the dash not in the engine bay, and it why it is typically not included with the swap from most importers.
Old 03-21-12, 07:28 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

It is located behind the dash not in the engine bay, and it why it is typically not included with the swap from most importers.
I still have to locate mine. I'll post a pic of the location later today stay tuned. And yes they are not usually included you can request it if you are getting a full clip, if you are lucky you will get it. And no it I not located in the engine bay. it is located in the car. I wanna believe in the back I the cabin where the cabin air filter is located. Not too positive, but I'll let you know.
Old 03-21-12, 08:04 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by japspec
I take that back i thought you were talking about the trac/abs/ect ecu lol, the vvti gte ecu goes for about 250-350 on yahoo japan give or take now the tuned ecu's are the ones that they tax you on from 750-1200 for a toms or mines ecu lol.
If its tuned.., that's a whole nother level! I would pay 550 if it's tuned, But this was a bone stock ecu. That same day I called another company and got it for 200 ship.
Old 03-21-12, 02:27 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

I still have to locate mine. I'll post a pic of the location later today stay tuned. And yes they are not usually included you can request it if you are getting a full clip, if you are lucky you will get it. And no it I not located in the engine bay. it is located in the car. I wanna believe in the back I the cabin where the cabin air filter is located. Not too positive, but I'll let you know.
If you look up under the dash on the driver side, it is mounted vertically directly to the left side of the brake pedal mount, it's obvious once you see it as there are 4 connectors on it with 105 wires.

There are two 10mm nuts holding it on, the usdm and jdm modules are the exact same size and pin/connector configuration, but the jdm is mounted on the other side of the car so the thin metal mounting tabs on the housing don't line up directly as the jdm one was on the right side of the brake pedal not the left side, so it is opposite.. It's easy enough to bend the tabs some or use zipties to hold it up in place.
Old 03-21-12, 02:49 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

here is the location. follow the lables. driver's right foot, above the gas padel or next to it I believe.
Attached Thumbnails JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300-lexx.gif  

Last edited by Mr.Gs_GTE; 03-21-12 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-21-12, 03:51 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

here is the location. follow the lables. driver's right foot, above the gas padel or next to it I believe.
As I stated in the previous post it is to the left side of the brake pedal. It's easy to see without removing the dash panel under the steering wheel, can't miss it as it's huge.

I've changed out a few of these, and in my manual swap car the 105 wire harness was extended 5ft so I could mount abs/vsc/trac module inside the gutted cd changer housing along with the mapecu3 piggyback, usb hub, innovate wideband serial convertor, and hks evc easywriter adapter.. .

Yeah that is the proper diagram, although those line drawings are difficult to orientate depth, it kinda only shows the general area.

There easy to access, there is just no slack on the wiring..
Old 03-21-12, 04:00 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

As I stated in the previous post it is to the left side of the brake pedal. It's easy to see without removing the dash panel under the steering wheel, can't miss it as it's huge.

I've changed out a few of these, and in my manual swap car the 105 wire harness was extended 5ft so I could mount abs/vsc/trac module inside the gutted cd changer housing along with the mapecu3 piggyback, usb hub, innovate wideband serial convertor, and hks evc easywriter adapter.. .

Yeah that is the proper diagram, although those line drawings are difficult to orientate depth, it kinda only shows the general area.

There easy to access, there is just no slack on the wiring..
I'm on my phone dogg, I just noticed that post. But it's nice to know anyways.
Old 03-25-12, 10:43 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

okay guys, my swap been going okay. i founded out that my car has two body plus that does not plug into the gtevvti ecu. at first i thought it was because i dont have the gray immbobilizer plug for some reason. two i didnt wanna put up with reflashint the car to get it started so i did some research and got the ecu without the gray connector. problem still remains, those two body plugs does not plug into the ecu. I did some run arounds and i found the part numbers for the right connectors called toyota and ordered the two of them. they will be here on tuesday and i will start the wiring. i know its going to be a headache but i'll get it done. I just wantede to stop by to see if anybody been down this route before to please give me some pointers as to what to watch out for. I could probably run to some junk yards and find a 160 gs and cut those connectors wit wires still attached and match up wires with a spec sheet to be sure but i thought i ask for some help first.
this view shows my stock ecu and as you can see there is no gray plug.
Name:  lex2.jpg
Views: 1679
Size:  120.4 KB
these are the plugs that doesnt plug in directly.

Name:  lex4.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  98.8 KB
immobobilize and non immbobilizer
Name:  lex5.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  160.1 KB
connectors i need to switch over
Name:  lex1.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  65.4 KB
actually I'll take that back, E2 and E3 has to be switched over, correct me if im wrong.
Now, i got a good spec/ pinout from ";Wilbo666" for the 2jzgte vvti. they have a lot of info for toyota cars. my concern here is that this is what i got for the car itself from alldata. unless im not reading it right.. but it really isnt helping. sorry about the picture quality. there is another page but what you see below the connectors is basically what the other looks like.

I found this around here which is alot better but it doesnt have everything in it.

so yeah, other than this everything is ready for finish up. fuel reture was completed lastnight, im just waiting for my jet killer to completely seal the gas tank. i also still have to connect my tech wire, but the igniter is hooked up as well. so somebody, anybody if you know or have any clue please help. its a really busy month for me. I still have to do my singo turbo conversion on my S147 but i have to get this over with before i start on that.
Old 03-25-12, 12:19 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

I'm gonna send you some diagrams and a pdf via email later today that may help you out. Looks like you've pretty much got this under control though, your on the right track.

Quick Reply: JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300