Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

5-15-10 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 05:51 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks guys for all the comments/suggestions! Unfortunately, I do not have any videos of the dyno tuning session.

As far as resetting the ECU...I forgot to do this before I went to the shop; it went on the dyno as-is.

Also, it's funny (like Caoboy mentioned) how the car will start to "feel" more sluggish if driven softly for a good amount of time. This was me for the last month or so - I just haven't been driving her like she should be...lol . I will re-set the ECU and drive it like it's hot for a while.

Eventhough it is not a 300, 400 or 500+whp car I am still very happy with it and all the mods I did to date; and it's been about 7 years now! It is crazy sometimes to see it when it is parked next to a stock(ish) 2nd gen GS; such a difference all around. It can still hold it's own against new(er) cars and that's all I ever wanted.
Old 05-18-10, 05:58 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Its not just the weight of the wheels Rock...lot of people think it is. Its also the rotational mass. Bolt up those 16's and see....
I understand and I agree but...wheels rotate and we ARE talking about the weight of the wheels (hence rotational mass). I know that it goes deeper than this as far as WHERE the weight is located on the wheels. I know that it is more advantageous to have most of the weight towards the center (hub). The further out (on the edge) the weight is the greater the rotational mass and the MORE it hurts performance...acceleration, turning, braking etc etc. Probably "dish" wheels or wheels with a lip would be in this category (I would think). IIRC the lightest weight wheels have very thin spokes towards the edges and have no lip...like some of those Forgestar wheels sold on these forums by D2 Autosports...I think their 19" wheels are around 22lbs! Compared to my 29lbs wheels; but I like the "look" of a lipped wheel better. Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad and sacrifice some things for others.
Old 05-18-10, 11:48 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
It is crazy sometimes to see it when it is parked next to a stock(ish) 2nd gen GS; such a difference all around. It can still hold it's own against new(er) cars and that's all I ever wanted.

Right there, these cars are also reliable too. Can't beat that. It's not your average gs with all the custom parts installed. I'm getting coils, and planning on FIGS parts so it's not the average GS. Plus, how many out there have body kits? I don't expect grampa's rock'n them LOL. Lexus Grandpa Sports 430 ftw. I don't think you'll get another styling like this. Just look at the 3gs... it's not as timeless. It's almost like a camry if you glance at it. I hope the 4gs is unique like the 1gs and 2gs. I bet they are struggling with the styling right now LOL.

Last edited by sam430; 05-18-10 at 11:59 AM.