Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-11, 02:22 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fromxtor
If I'm using the Tweak'd wiring harness, on my GTE with the Aristo ECU and keep everything stock with the engine/turbo is there anything to stop it from running properly without using any sort of piggyback?
Harness doesn't have anything to do with it. If you are running an Unmodified Stock VVTI GTE swap with a VVTI Aristo ECU you don't need a piggyback, it will run like a stock aristo.
Old 11-29-11, 03:28 PM
fromxtor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Thanks, I just wanted to clarify which harness I was running. I may throw my greddy profec on it to make the twins non-sequential.
Old 12-02-11, 04:24 PM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Default Supra tt fmic on the GS3

I have been reading that some people that do this swap themselves usually have custom piping made so that they can run a front mount. Wouldn't you be able to use a Supra tt front mount kit in a GS3(with the stock twins)? I would hate doing the swap on my car, than have to get it towed to a shop so they can fab some pipes up for me. This is the only info I could find about this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...for-gs300.html
Old 12-03-11, 11:18 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dwilly58
I have been reading that some people that do this swap themselves usually have custom piping made so that they can run a front mount. Wouldn't you be able to use a Supra tt front mount kit in a GS3(with the stock twins)? I would hate doing the swap on my car, than have to get it towed to a shop so they can fab some pipes up for me. This is the only info I could find about this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...for-gs300.html
I had to pipe my car and make intercooler brackets, it pretty basic stuff for anyone that has the means to swap a motor.

No a Supra TT kit is not anywhere close. You could make it work but it would be just as much modding as making universal parts work.

If you really want a bolt in solution, your best choices are just getting the stock aristo side mount intercooler and piping. Or import a jdm aristo setup like the greddy front mount kit. The greddy front mount it is pretty pricey once you get it here and it's only 2.5" piping, but if your running twins it'll flow more than you'll need @ BPU and you can install it yourself.
Old 12-03-11, 09:00 PM
fromxtor
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a front mount setup from japan for a JZS161, it was super cheap on yahoo japan. The shipping was not.
Old 02-24-12, 08:03 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Exhaust and drive shaft question.

So i read through this whole post and it was very informative!! Seems like a pretty straight fwd swap. One thing I may have not seen or skipped was on the Exhaust. I have read that people go with custom pipes. I was wondering if the stock GS300 pipes will mount up to the down pipe of the stock twins? If so that will be great because I will get to drive the car while i save up to purchase an after market exhaust system.

And as for the drive shaft, I have read that you can have a custom one made or try to get the Aristo one. Well I noticed that the importer torched the Aristo drive shaft just behind the yoke. Could i remove it and take it to a shop and have it welded to the stock drive shaft and then balanced? Or is there another alternative way? I read that some people have used their stock drive shaft and by looking at it I just cant see how that was possible!!

Thank you
Old 02-27-12, 04:52 AM
vanquish2
Rookie

The exhaust does not bolt up.....BUT all you need is someone to make a pipe from the converter right off the manifold to your factory exhaust. Shouldn't cost that much.

Get a swap with at least the front half of the driveshaft. Thats all you really need. If you get the front half you won't have to modify anything on the yolf. My swap included this and much more and it was 2955 plus shipping......spend the extra money and get the parts you need. Don't buy the cheapest thing out there.
Old 02-28-12, 05:46 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Default ok

Right on. Would you mind if I pm you then? Id like to get info on where you got your swap from without jacking up this thread.
Old 02-29-12, 05:41 AM
vanquish2
Rookie

Absolutely! I'm always here to help. I may not be well known on clublexus due to this being my first lexus swap but I had a long running rep on nico. Hit me up with anything.....my advice comes free....if needed you can call me too. PM me and I'll give my number if needed.
Old 07-20-12, 08:39 PM
Jonb42
Driver

Driftmotion has a front mount that worked pretty good. I just piped it. It is 24x9x3 and 159$. And the universal piping kit was like 150$. Your gonna need a couple more u clamps and a vibrant 3x2 .5 rubber 90 and I used a rubber 2.5" 45 to clear the belts. Basically I replicated the stock intercooler piping off the intake manifold. The hardest part was clearing my auto adjusting headlight on the passenger side. But for under 400 shipped you can't beat it. And it only took a few days to get. I have a few pics in one of my posts. FYI.
Old 07-20-12, 10:03 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jonb42
Driftmotion has a front mount that worked pretty good. I just piped it. It is 24x9x3 and 159$. And the universal piping kit was like 150$. Your gonna need a couple more u clamps and a vibrant 3x2 .5 rubber 90 and I used a rubber 2.5" 45 to clear the belts. Basically I replicated the stock intercooler piping off the intake manifold. The hardest part was clearing my auto adjusting headlight on the passenger side. But for under 400 shipped you can't beat it. And it only took a few days to get. I have a few pics in one of my posts. FYI.
Or you can order the one from Autobhan88 like I did. Its almost a perfect fit. You just need to modify and trim a few things. But It worked good on mine and the kit comes with a perfect size pipe that fits under the passenger side head light, and clears the power steering pump belt.
Old 12-06-12, 09:49 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
Or you can order the one from Autobhan88 like I did. Its almost a perfect fit. You just need to modify and trim a few things. But It worked good on mine and the kit comes with a perfect size pipe that fits under the passenger side head light, and clears the power steering pump belt.
if u don't mode me asking how much does he charge for the kit??
Old 12-06-12, 10:19 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
if u don't mode me asking how much does he charge for the kit??
Old 12-06-12, 11:27 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

99GS3, is there any banging of the firewall required if I'm running the stock twins? Also, will I still be able to use the heater if I'm on the stock twins? Also, I need to swap my GS430 drive-by-wire gas pedal for a non drive-by-wire gas pedal. Can I use the GS300 pedal? Thanks!!!
Old 12-26-12, 06:55 PM
vbieds
Driver

Great posts. Thanks to all of you guys for the info. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion