Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-11, 02:04 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Im still debating installing my Turbo. Ive got 252K miles on it, but it runs perfectly smooth still. Ive got all the components except the wastegate down pipe...I dont want to run open, rather run it back into the header down pipe.

Next thing is getting the Air Fuel & Computer tuned...I think people been using the apexi, not sure if there is something else better...maybe a lap-top software?
Old 11-18-11, 02:59 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by az-dave
Im still debating installing my Turbo. Ive got 252K miles on it, but it runs perfectly smooth still. Ive got all the components except the wastegate down pipe...I dont want to run open, rather run it back into the header down pipe.

Next thing is getting the Air Fuel & Computer tuned...I think people been using the apexi, not sure if there is something else better...maybe a lap-top software?
Dave, go with the AEM FIC for a piggyback. They go for about $300. Take it to Tony @ UMS Tuning in Mesa for a tune.
Old 11-21-11, 11:44 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

THAT is some dang good info! Thank you!

Originally Posted by mex lex
Dave, go with the AEM FIC for a piggyback. They go for about $300. Take it to Tony @ UMS Tuning in Mesa for a tune.
Old 11-21-11, 02:07 PM
okinawa2jz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-vvti Gte 6sd swap

Does anyone know the best way to swap a supra non-vvti gte w/6spd xmsn. With the supra harness?
Im planning on buying a jdm supra front clip.
The wiring is my issue.
Any inputs would be appreciated.
I called a guy that converts harneses and he said i could send him both harneses from my 02 gs300 and the supra harness. To convert and from there its plug and play. Does that sound right?
Old 11-22-11, 10:32 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by okinawa2jz
Does anyone know the best way to swap a supra non-vvti gte w/6spd xmsn. With the supra harness?
Im planning on buying a jdm supra front clip.
The wiring is my issue.
Any inputs would be appreciated.
I called a guy that converts harneses and he said i could send him both harneses from my 02 gs300 and the supra harness. To convert and from there its plug and play. Does that sound right?
If the guy you called was Dr. Tweak, then yes.
Old 11-27-11, 04:21 PM
okinawa2jz
Driver School Candidate

Default harness swap

Hey there...
No i was not DR. Tweak.
I found this guy on a youtube link called:
gs300 2jzgte WIRING HARNESS SERVICE
his name is Jose and when i called him he said that would take the stock gs harness and the new harness from a 2jzgte then convert it and send it back to you.
he mentioned that it would be plug and play but there would only be about 4 wires to manually connect and its will start.
i have not heard any reviews from the guy but when i spoke to him he seemed like he knew his stuff.

Has anyone heard of this guy?

Dr tweak i have not heard from them yet. where are they located at?
Old 11-28-11, 03:18 PM
fromxtor
Driver School Candidate

If I'm using the Tweak'd wiring harness, on my GTE with the Aristo ECU and keep everything stock with the engine/turbo is there anything to stop it from running properly without using any sort of piggyback?
Old 11-28-11, 04:56 PM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Default A.C. question

For the AC, do we need to discharge the compressor on the GE motor before pulling out of the engine bay? Then, would you need to recharge the compressor on the GTE once its installed? Haven't read anything about this..and swap time is soon approaching.
Old 11-28-11, 05:10 PM
fromxtor
Driver School Candidate

^^ From what I've seen you keep the charge in the GE compressor and re-use it, I would be careful with discharging freon its on the EPAs no go list and comes with a hefty fine.
Old 11-28-11, 05:32 PM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fromxtor
^^ From what I've seen you keep the charge in the GE compressor and re-use it, I would be careful with discharging freon its on the EPAs no go list and comes with a hefty fine.
I kinda wondered about that. So when disconnecting the compressor, nothing will come out? Thanks for the info also!
Old 11-28-11, 09:27 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fromxtor
You can use either the GE or GTE ac compressors with the swap. If you GE AC currently works just great, then you can ubolt it from the motor and carefully strap it over to the side of the frame below the ecu box with it still charged and the ac lines still connected. The pull the GE motor out. You gotta be a bit careful but there is plenty of room to do it.

I've done the swap leaving the comp connected in the car before with no issue.. Save the cost and hassle of having to properly get the system pressure tested and recharged if you had broke it loose and let the magic escape when you took the motor out. And even worse, if you did it to use the GTE AC compressor and paid to get it charged up and it turns out to be bad.

I used my original GE alternator, AC compressor, Powersteering pump, and starter on my GTE motor build, because I knew they had been wroking perfectly fine for me already and were very clean in great condition.. I have the GTE parts still for back ups if I need them, but all is working well so far.

Originally Posted by dwilly58
I kinda wondered about that. So when disconnecting the compressor, nothing will come out? Thanks for the info also!
Uh any part of the ac system you let loose will discharge all the freon in the system. You need sccess to a gauge set and recovery tank to pull it out properly with out dumping it to atmosphere.
Old 11-29-11, 01:42 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
You need access to a gauge set,a vacuum pump and a recovery tank to pull it out properly with out dumping it to atmosphere.
fixed.....

Old 11-29-11, 05:38 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
fixed.....

haha, yeah there alot of errors in that whole post after I just re-read it. It was 12:30am after I just got home from working like 18hrs..

And ur posting at 4am on a weekday, do you ever sleep??
Old 11-29-11, 09:26 AM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't have a clue.
Old 11-29-11, 02:13 PM
fromxtor
Driver School Candidate

If I'm using the Tweak'd wiring harness, on my GTE with the Aristo ECU and keep everything stock with the engine/turbo is there anything to stop it from running properly without using any sort of piggyback?

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion