Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

check engine, vsc, vsc off lights, came on

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 11:07 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
can someone please post the part number? i've been just diagnosed for the same failure

one of my local toyota dealers is offering good prices on oem parts, but cannot cross reference the lexus numbers to confirm, and my lexus dealer of course will not help.
I might have the packaging box in my garage Did you call Carson? Luis might remember the part number since he got it for my car.
Old 05-09-06, 12:43 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sockfocks
jonny and his manuals RULE ALL!!!
LOL - damn straight kids!

Jonny
Old 05-09-06, 05:06 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so this means i shouldn't tap and stomp my pedal anymore eh? booo, i like the sound it makes with that SRT intake... and borla exhausts... maybe i should add in headersss... hmmmmm....
Old 06-24-06, 02:23 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Same problem yesterday. Right off the freeway at the stop light, no throttle response at all but the engine was running. Everything was working fine, i could only roll to the closest parking lot. I felt so lucky, I was really just got off the freeway for 30secs. Shut off the car, fire it up again, I could rev it again. CEL, VSC, VSC OFF were on, I didnt think it was a good idea to drive back home, since I didnt know what was going on, and I was 40miles away from home. Went to the closet stealer to have to them check out the problem, they wanted 389 OTD. Got the car back this morning, and just searched here.... I GOT ROBBED!!! I could totally DIY at home with the parts, $100.XX for the part and save 289 for the damn labor towards to my project car fund
Oh yeah...I should stop ******* my car...... But we all know, a modded GS4 is hard to drive it easy
Old 06-25-06, 03:41 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got those same issue...CEL, VSC, VSC OFF....what to do?

Pete
Old 06-25-06, 10:17 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PHML
I just got those same issue...CEL, VSC, VSC OFF....what to do?

Pete
You too Pete The Y2k bug must be lingering 6 years later. Ok get the car diagnosed at Auto Zone (free of charge) to see what codes pop up on the obd2 scantool, then we can work from there. It could be a number of things that can trigger those lights to pop up.
Old 06-26-06, 12:10 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
You too Pete The Y2k bug must be lingering 6 years later. Ok get the car diagnosed at Auto Zone (free of charge) to see what codes pop up on the obd2 scantool, then we can work from there. It could be a number of things that can trigger those lights to pop up.
OK guys.....I fixed mines today by disconnecting battery, cleaning SRT intake, cleaning MAF sensor, cleaning throttlebody...all had gunk....after I started up the car and no CEL, VSC, and VSC OFF....I then went ahead and cleaned the engine bay with Simple Green and water hose (while engine is running).

Pete
Old 06-26-06, 05:42 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PHML
OK guys.....I fixed mines today by disconnecting battery, cleaning SRT intake, cleaning MAF sensor, cleaning throttlebody...all had gunk....after I started up the car and no CEL, VSC, and VSC OFF....I then went ahead and cleaned the engine bay with Simple Green and water hose (while engine is running).

Pete
I would still check for trouble codes at AutoZone. When I had my problem, I reset the ECU and the dash lights disappeared. It is normal for the dash lights to go out after disconnecting the battery terminal, or plucking the ecu fuse. That just clears the dash lights, but does not rectify the problem. I checked for trouble codes after I did the ecu reset, and the scanner detected the same trouble codes even though the lights are no longer lit on the dash. After the repair, I went back to AutoZone to have it scanned, and no codes. Good luck Pete.
Old 06-26-06, 08:42 AM
whytry
Advanced

I'm in the same boat here, lights on.....

Autozone here I come
Old 06-26-06, 04:09 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I would still check for trouble codes at AutoZone. When I had my problem, I reset the ECU and the dash lights disappeared. It is normal for the dash lights to go out after disconnecting the battery terminal, or plucking the ecu fuse. That just clears the dash lights, but does not rectify the problem. I checked for trouble codes after I did the ecu reset, and the scanner detected the same trouble codes even though the lights are no longer lit on the dash. After the repair, I went back to AutoZone to have it scanned, and no codes. Good luck Pete.

OK...thanks....hmmmm....no Autozone here in Hawaii....gotta find somewhere else.

Pete
Old 07-06-06, 09:35 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have this same problem after a couple hours installing the l-tuned muffler. Will have it checked out a Auto Zone before taking it to stealership. I turned the car off when I got home and started it to see if it would come back on. it did not.
Old 07-17-06, 04:12 PM
whytry
Advanced

So did anybody DIY this and get it adjusted correctly? If so can you post up how it was done so I can get r dun myself and save some labor $$>..
Old 07-17-06, 04:18 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by whytry
So did anybody DIY this and get it adjusted correctly? If so can you post up how it was done so I can get r dun myself and save some labor $$>..
So what codes did you get when you went to Autozone?

Jonny
Old 07-30-06, 10:19 PM
whytry
Advanced

Mine said "P0121" is that the same thing?
Old 08-18-06, 05:11 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Me too...just happened this morning. Wasn't driving hard at all...heavy morning traffic. I hoped it was a glitch and would reset after I stopped for some java...returned to car, started her up and still had check engine, VSC, VSC OFF lights. Damn...this is a first for my car. Well, I plan on taking her in for an alignment check after I get new tires...might as well add this to the list.

In the mean time I'll pull the ECU fuse to reset and see if the error codes come back and they should if it's a true problem...if not..I think it's a glitch.

Quick Reply: check engine, vsc, vsc off lights, came on