Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How to make this work?

Old 08-28-05, 04:40 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you doing the S-AFC I or II? The GS uses Hot wire setting.
Old 08-28-05, 04:46 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Are you doing the S-AFC I or II? The GS uses Hot wire setting.
I am using the II. From what I have read you use Hotwire 13. But I have no idea where the 13 comes into it. Do you know?

The connections are on diagram T-10a from what I have read.

I have only used Karmann before so I don't knoow hotwire

Any ideas?

Thx,
Jonny
Old 08-28-05, 07:17 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

On page 44 of the instruction manual under the ETC.mode you set sensor type to Hotwire.
Page45 for sensor number setting you use the 13 # to set it to "IN 13 and OUT 13"
Number -of -cylinders-- 4 not 8
Sensor type --arrow pointing up
Attached Thumbnails How to make this work?-safc-hotwire.jpg  
Old 08-28-05, 07:29 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

I hope this helps.These are the wires you use for the hotwire set up

Here is the numbers setting page
Attached Thumbnails How to make this work?-safc-sen-number1.jpg  
Old 08-30-05, 05:45 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

I hope this helps.These are the wires you use for the hotwire set up

Here is the numbers setting page
Hey man,

Got my S-AFC in today - looking good so far!!

Now a question - do we use Diagram T-10a or T-10e I read T-10a but the manual I got with it - saying we use the Celcior - says T-10e??

Thx for your help and the diagrams man,

Jonny
Old 08-31-05, 05:11 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

You use 10e I think in the old S-AFC I they refered to 10a but GURU did use 10e in his 99 GS400 see is post.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=74958

If you check that diagram w/ the SRT ECU wire diagram you notice it is exactly the same. bt you notice that they use a differrent RPM wire. I notice tis when I was tryin to find the ECU wiring for the GS 430. They use a differrent RMP wire on it also.
I got mine hooked up and the SRT worked finr and when I put the S-AFC II on It did read the correct RPM. I traced both wires from what I can tell SRT usees the signal going to the RPM guage and Apexi uses one from the ignition from one of the coils.

I see you have the SRT intake also have you dynoed it yet?? I'm working on making a by pass so that when I get my S-AFC tuned I can switch to the SRT ecu to see the difference so I don't burn up too much dyno time, well that's the plan.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 09-01-05 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-31-05, 04:44 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

You use 10e I think in the old S-AFC I they refered to toa but GURU did use 1oe in his 99 GS400 see is post.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=74958

If you check that diagram w/ the SRT ECU wire diagram you notice it is exactly the same. bt you notice that they use a differrent RPM wire. I notice tis when I was tryin to find the ECU wiring for the GS 430. They use a differrent RMP wire on it also.
I got mine hooked up and the SRT worked finr and when I put the S-AFC II on It did read the correct RPM. I traced both wires from what I can tell SRT usees the signal going to the RPM guage and Apexi uses one from the ignition from one of the coils.

I see you have the SRT intake also have you dynoed it yet?? I'm working on making a by pass so that when I get my S-AFC tuned I can switch to the SRT ecu to see the difference so I don't burn up too much dyno time, well that's the plan.
So u think I use 10e then? I was reading Guru's post and that is what confused me.

Yeah, I have the SRT intake. I never dyno'd it after installing it - but I am confident that it didn't give anywhere near the increases that it is supposed to.

I am planning on removing the ECU that came with it and tuning the car with the S-AFC as soon as I get the headers installed.

I should pretty much have every mod available for the car except for FI. With it tuned on the S-AFC II I am hoping to have somewhere a lot closer to 300hp at the wheels - but I know that is reaching. With the headers and properly tuned, as well as the exhaust I am hoping to make up some of the 60hp loss at the crank.

So you think 10e then?

Jonny
Old 08-31-05, 05:22 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dx3
So u think I use 10e then? I was reading Guru's post and that is what confused me.

Yeah, I have the SRT intake. I never dyno'd it after installing it - but I am confident that it didn't give anywhere near the increases that it is supposed to.

I am planning on removing the ECU that came with it and tuning the car with the S-AFC as soon as I get the headers installed.

I should pretty much have every mod available for the car except for FI. With it tuned on the S-AFC II I am hoping to have somewhere a lot closer to 300hp at the wheels - but I know that is reaching. With the headers and properly tuned, as well as the exhaust I am hoping to make up some of the 60hp loss at the crank.

So you think 10e then?

Jonny
I'm positve it is the 10e. It matches exactly (except for the RPM wire) as SRT's diagram and the one GURU used. The 10a ecu diagram I think only the 12vt. wire matches.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 09-01-05 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-01-05, 02:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

On page 44 of the instruction manual under the ETC.mode you set sensor type to Hotwire.
Page45 for sensor number setting you use the 13 # to set it to "IN 13 and OUT 13"
Number -of -cylinders-- 4 not 8
Sensor type --arrow pointing up
Sheesh, I'm very confused... where does this number 13 come from? I checked mine and it's set to 01 01 I think, unless you can't 'read it back' after you've set it and it always just shows 01 01?? I was checking with the engine off and the ignition on, maybe that's why it shows 01 01?

How do you know the arrow should be pointing straight up? I think mine's pointing at a 45 degree angle.

Thanks for any help!
Old 09-01-05, 02:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Hmmm... RTFM Paul...I'm reading something called AFC2Wiring.pdf I'd saved locally ages ago and it shows HW13 for the sensortype for a 1UZ-FE in a '97-'00 Celsior which I think is the same as the GS400 engine??

Dx3 - I assume you have this doc and the operating manual? I have all of the SAFC and SAFC2 docs in PDF form locally.
Old 09-01-05, 02:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

He reads further... the "safc_us_update.pdf" document which does talk about "American Market Vehicles" and says the diagram for the GS400 is "World 10-a" (not 10-e) and the sensor type is HW13.

When it says have the throttle 'closed' or 'open' during initial setup, which way is which? (Excuse the dumb question!) I assume closed means foot OFF the pedal and open means foot to the floor???
Old 09-01-05, 03:27 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
He reads further... the "safc_us_update.pdf" document which does talk about "American Market Vehicles" and says the diagram for the GS400 is "World 10-a" (not 10-e) and the sensor type is HW13.

When it says have the throttle 'closed' or 'open' during initial setup, which way is which? (Excuse the dumb question!) I assume closed means foot OFF the pedal and open means foot to the floor???
Paul,

Now you are confusing me even more!!! I asked the same question a few posts up - the manual says T-10e but the US update says T-10a

About the arrow up - the 45 degrees is up so that is ok.

The 13 confuses me again - Gil said that it is set at 13 but yours is at 1

Very confused!!

Jonny
Old 09-01-05, 08:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Jonny thanks for the heads up on the arrow. Do you have these pdf's I mentioned? If you need 'em I can e-mail them to you if you pm me an e-mail address.

As far as the HW setting, the docs say 13 so I guess that's what I'm gonna set mine to if I don't hear otherwise in the next day or so on here!! It's weird, I've never had a problem with the way it's been and I've seen it do it's A/F correction from 4000rpm's up so WTF?
Old 09-02-05, 03:18 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

If you look at the date of the American update you have I think it is 1999,I had that before ,can't find it nw, that was the update for the S-AFCI book. should disregard any of that info. The 10a was for thos ecu diagrams. The S-AFC II is dated 2003. I can show how the 10e is the same as GURU's and SRT's ecu diagram .
Do you have a copy of SRT's HIFI GS400 intake instructions? I did a lot of research trying to find the correct ecu diagra for my 430 noone seemed to have done it or they never replied.

It shows the sensor type and # as " HW13" for the 1UZ-FE ( GS400) and "HW25" for the 3UZ-FE engine (GS/SC430)
The sensor number confused me too for along time. I still don't know how they arrive at the sensor #. I believe it has something to with matching the current signal coming in vs. out on the MAF.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 09-03-05 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-02-05, 05:33 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Jonny thanks for the heads up on the arrow. Do you have these pdf's I mentioned? If you need 'em I can e-mail them to you if you pm me an e-mail address.

As far as the HW setting, the docs say 13 so I guess that's what I'm gonna set mine to if I don't hear otherwise in the next day or so on here!! It's weird, I've never had a problem with the way it's been and I've seen it do it's A/F correction from 4000rpm's up so WTF?
Paul,

Yeah man, I grabbed them from the site already. Thank you though.

As for the 13 - I am also!!

As soon as these headers come in I will let you know!!

Jonny

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to make this work?