ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-186/)
-   -   How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance/172195-how-many-1g-gs300-with-gte-swap-out-there.html)

dbltakegs3 12-01-05 08:34 AM

Sorry. i was at work and i left it on caps lock. all my text were caps but the forums changed it when i posted it. computers dees days. i am not a wierdo :D :D

Epik 12-01-05 08:37 AM

LOL.. thats cool.. I didnt know the forum would do that.. now if it would only capitalize the ones that should be for me so i dont have to go back and check it. i type fast and dont capitalize sometimes when I'm really busy.. LOL

nyARISTO 12-01-05 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by lpolo69
Here are some older pics of the car i havnt been to the shop in a while due to school...its in the process of getting single turbo now.......I will get a hold of my mechanic to see if he can send me more pics of the progress on the car........

all i see is the gs all taped up and the 1jz being on the crate .... where is the pic where the 1jz is in and running..........

cmon make me a believer..... not that i wouldnt believe u but i just wanna see it :eek2:

lpolo69 12-03-05 03:03 AM

yeah im just waiting for my mechanic to sned me some more pics ..hopefully by tomorrow he will send them to me.....

lpolo69 12-03-05 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
Or just bolt a turbo up to your 2JZGE,, run 8psi and get close to 400hp. You can also put a GTE bottem end in a 2JZGE too, but without the cost of a 1JZ. Not to mention, what kind of aftermarket parts can you find for a 1JZ?

I would like to see the flow numbers between a 1JZ head and a 2JZGE head. I have also heard that the 2JZGE flows better than the 2JZGTE. It also may not be as much flow as air velocity through the ports. I know in the 4A world there is a small port and a big port head, and it all has to do with the velocity of the air through the head. The big port flows more, but the small port will give better power due to the increased velocity.

AS far as parts go ...I have a single t4 turbo setup on it....I used a 2jzgte manifold and grinded out and repositioned the runners on the manifold.......Alot of the 2j and 1j parrts are interchangeable....

nyARISTO 12-03-05 08:37 PM

efffffffffff a 1jz........ or 2jzgte check this out
http://www.speedtoys.com/~daveh/GT47/GT47.JPG
http://www.speedtoys.com/~daveh/GT47/GT47b.JPG

nyARISTO 12-03-05 08:43 PM

SC's cant have all the fun... new project will begin...
http://www.speedtoys.com/~daveh/93na-t/IntakeTop.jpg

SuprRunner 12-03-05 10:08 PM

haha, funny. What is that for, a bit CAT or something? That is pretty big 2JZ could probably spool that around, 15,000 RPM....hehe.

SuprRunner 12-03-05 10:09 PM

Where did you get the intake? Has it been flow tested. Thinking abot making my own.

lpolo69 12-04-05 09:29 AM

heheeheeh DAve H.....freakin awesome turbo....Thats a Dave Henry intake manifold........hes the god of NA-t .....

cacrawfo 12-06-05 06:53 PM

Hello everybody,
I thought I would pop in and give a quick update on dbltakegs3's car.... It is currently under the knife here at Speed-Source.... The stock engine has been removed, along with the driveshaft, exhaust, hood, trans, front bumper etc. The engine bay has been steamcleaned, and it's looking pretty good! I installed the Walbro 255HP fuel pump today, along with the Supra TT throttle cable. We only got a donor Aristo engine, trans, ECU, and wiring.
Since we did not get a complete Aristo clip, this swap will be a little more difficult. For instance, the Aristo uses a hydraulic fan system, but we did not get the fan and radiator assembly. That means we have to switch to an engine driven fan. Also, the power steering resivoir and hoses on the Aristo are on the wheelarch...... We did not get that, so we will have to fabricate something. I have both GE and GTE engine here on a stand, and am swapping the lower oil pan (GTE damaged) and a looking at the fan/water pump situation. Once I have it all nailed down, I will let you all know the best way around this situation. It may involve the water pump and rear housing from the Supra TT... not sure. This much is true, if you CAN get a full Aristo half-cut, GET IT! You will spend more money in labor and parts trying to make it work without some of the extra goodies you get with the clip... You also get the excellent dual-core radiator, nice PS piping, and the very smooth and quiet hydro cooling fan...

I did some testing on my GS the other night, I hooked up my wideband and a boost gauge, and re-gapped my plugs down to .026". With no boost controler, I hit 18PSI WOT, and my O2 sits pretty at 11.5 to 11.9..... I have the MINES tuned ECU, and it seems to work! I am no longer worried about my top-end fueling, now that I have seen it for myself on the wideband. My ignition miss is gone as well, .035" gap was just too much for my engine..

More later!
Carl C

SuprRunner 12-06-05 08:07 PM

When I did an aristo TT swap, I used a 7M resivoir for the power steering. Worked out well.

Epik 12-07-05 08:25 AM

great info guys.. keep it coming. i hope to add mine in the next few days.. need a TT throttle cable and igniter right now.. I got shorted the igniter in buying the swap, but it has been so long ago i cant go back to them to get it..plus, they suck. anyone know of a substitution for the mk4 tt igniter that may be easier/cheaper to find?? on the plus side, i got the p/s reservoir though, so no sourcing that.

carl, get that thing to a dyno.. i'm very curious.. :woot: you arent worried with the jdm spec turbos and the ceramic exhaust wheels? or did you swap to usdm spec?

MONSTER 12-07-05 01:15 PM

95 Avalon uses same igniter (www.car-part.com) :thumbup:
I get them used for $60 or so.

I am doing Aristo motor in hardtop NA MKIV TT Supra (5-speed). I want to keep Aristo ECU and harness. Aristo harness has one large 2-slot plug on the engine side, and one plug on the chassis side. Supra has all 3 plugs on the engine side of the harness. How do I go about making that work?

Thanks for any help.

W

Originally Posted by Epik
great info guys.. keep it coming. i hope to add mine in the next few days.. need a TT throttle cable and igniter right now.. I got shorted the igniter in buying the swap, but it has been so long ago i cant go back to them to get it..plus, they suck. anyone know of a substitution for the mk4 tt igniter that may be easier/cheaper to find?? on the plus side, i got the p/s reservoir though, so no sourcing that.

carl, get that thing to a dyno.. i'm very curious.. :woot: you arent worried with the jdm spec turbos and the ceramic exhaust wheels? or did you swap to usdm spec?

Epik 12-08-05 07:12 AM

Thanks Monster.. that just saved me about $200.00.. (igniter) :thumbup: