ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-186/)
-   -   How many 1G GS300 with GTE swap out there? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance/172195-how-many-1g-gs300-with-gte-swap-out-there.html)

cacrawfo 09-26-05 09:32 PM

nyARISTO,
I'm not that far from NY, just slap that piece on a transporter and I'll hook it up for you. ;) I'm an AEM trained tuner and dealer, and you've seen the fabrication I can do....

Carl C

JPI Racing 09-28-05 03:34 PM

Carl,
Those are some nice welds there. What kind of Tig Welder do you have? We have the Miller 200DX and it's working out for us. Do you have any fab tools? Watch out SP here you come
JP Importz

cacrawfo 09-29-05 10:04 AM

Yo,
I have an older Miller Dialarc HF..... water cooled with 350A max current. I use a small #10 torch for most work so I can get tight into "pipe crotch's" when doing manifolds or Y-pipes. I would like a newer TIG with arc balance, electronic heat control etc. so I can lower the current even more for tube work, but I have other machines to buy first.

Yup, we got us some fab equipment.....

36" Pexto finger brake
36" Diacro stomp shear
20" Diacro straight barke
24" Diacro slip rolls
Diacro corner notcher
Diacro 7.5 ton 18 station turret punch
14" Startrite cold saw
2HP Induma vertical mill w/ DRO
7.5HP Condor 1600 CNC lathe
24" throat PMC vertical bandsaw
Horizontal bandsaw
Scotchman 45 ton ironworker
Lincoln Mig welder
Miller TIG welder
Thermal D plasma cutter(s)
12" disc sander
dril press

Plus all the auto shop BS like lifts, jacks, parts washer, etc.

I like to think that we specialize in engine swaps/conversions. EVERY car that I drive is a swap... The Lexus, my 3SGTE MKI MR2, and my LT1 V8 Astro van.. (the ASSvette.) When my 82' KP61 Starlet is done receiving the 1UZFE V8, that will get added to the list also! ;)
Always taking on interesting toyota and non-toyota engine swap projects....

Cheers, Carl Crawford

dbltakegs3 10-31-05 10:11 PM

need help also

r u still out there

cacrawfo 11-01-05 09:01 AM

Hello,
Yup, I'm here..... you are in Illinois also?

Carl C

dbltakegs3 11-01-05 09:09 AM

help

i recently got the aristo engine and saw that u did a bad ass job on urs. i was wondering if you can give me some tips. R u still in ILL. can i get a contact #. i also have other questions. thanks

nyARISTO 11-04-05 11:25 PM

offcourse im serious... but i think ill stay with the twin t76's instead i just need someone to make me a manifold and downpipe's....

carl i would love to take u up on that offer...
allready have 1000cc's inj. but i think i should go a little bigger .... and so far im gonna use 3 supra tt fuel pump's with greddy emanage...
and also going for a stroker kit thinking of gettin 3.4L it say's i can rev. it out all the way to 8000rpm which would be great!
so far im looking by begining of spring for my engine peice's to be completed!

nyARISTO 11-04-05 11:29 PM

does anyone kno where i can send out the head for porting and all angle valve job with bigger valve's offcourse possible 1mm over...

or should i stay in NY for that

those tiny little holes opening out from that big head isnt realy gonna work for me! :egads:

dbltakegs3 11-05-05 09:33 AM

pics

1 Attachment(s)
here is some pics carl

dbltakegs3 11-05-05 09:35 AM

pics

1 Attachment(s)
here is one more

Epik 11-06-05 09:57 PM

nice.. that motor was modified before, or at least it had a coolant temp gauge aftermarket. Look in the upper rad hose.. see the adaptor? Looks like a SaRD part.. LOL (I'm a SaRD Racing SE region dist..)

SuprRunner 11-07-05 04:44 AM

You get your wiring done yet? I did an aristo TT swap into a 95 GS300 a couple years ago. We switched to the US harness and ECU. I have some diagrams I can send you. You keeping the Auto? There was something like 60 wire solders I had to do. Auto wiring isn't too hard, a lot of the tranny wiring is for dash lights and switches.

I am actually about to start an NA-T on my 93 GS300.

SoCalSC4 11-07-05 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by cacrawfo
Hello,
Yup, I'm here..... you are in Illinois also?

Carl C

Is that Carl - as in MR2 Carl from MR2OC.com?
I didn't know you were this 'into' Toyotas.... holy smokes!

I am known as "AW11onHREs" on MR2OC (formerly known as "aw11 dude").
You still have the '2?

Bob

dbltakegs3 11-07-05 09:53 AM

Ready when u are

Give me a call whenever. i am ready to set something up. thank you Carl

Epik.... yea it looks like it had mods on it. there is a greddy part on the radiator hose and it has some red vacume lines. Its pretty hard to get a motor from JP that doesnt have mods. they love it out there.

lifesnotfa 11-11-05 07:26 AM

Question.

Here's a question that relates somehow to thie subject. I'm glad there are people who really know their stuff here.

Say I get a stock GS300. I want it to be manual (5 or 6 speed, don't care) and to have at least 350RWHP. I want it to be a daily driven car, and I want to spend the least amount of money possible.

I'm not a do-it-yourselver so I'd pay lots just for the work of it, not just the pieces. Would one be better off just adding a turbo kit, tranny and LSD to the car? Leaving the wirings, ABS, firewall, mounts, etc all in stock places... ?

I'm a newbie so don't assume I know a single thing about this!! =)